Baseball 3/15-17 vs Florida State (Pack wins series 2-1)

32,483 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wilmwolf
Daviewolf83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cowboypack02 said:

Why did the coach from FSU get tossed?
He came out of dugout to argue the call on a pitch. He thought it was a strike, when it was called a ball.
metcalfmafia
Man i cant talk enough about Brad Debo. He is a brand new guy this year.
Struttingwolf96
This team is the impita of a Coach V team. They don't give up, don't ever give up & I'm loving it. This is the making of a special Wolfpack team & season.
Paniconpack
Big big win. Hope we stay hot!
DrummerboyWolf
WOW!!! The guys continue to impress and not give up. The "Evil Genius" is pressing all the right buttons at just the right time. Great comeback! Great Win! Great Series Win and 19-0. Awesome job by the young men and the staff!

I have to admit, I probably would have pinch hit for Debo in the 8th just to get righty on lefty. He delivered big time.

I can't blame anybody for questioning balls and strikes, the ump was all over the place. I thought he missed several on both sides.

Let's keep it going tomorrow and get the sweep!!

GO PACK!!!
wilmwolf
Boom!
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
Pack31
Hot damalama!!! So much fun to watch right now!!!!! Just feel like we will win no matter where the game is at, tied, down 7, whatever. Debo is the man, frustrated all night and get revenge. McDonough is a stud too. Wow he's clutch. Sooo.....Wilson, Bailey, Edwards, Mcdonough ....will make team pucker this season. Wow
DJncsu13
What a win...love this team
"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"
Follow me on twitter: @d_johnson13/@PackUniforms
TheCapper
Who is this guy coaching and what have they done with Avent?

I just knew he was going to do a bunt with Will Wilson.
Paniconpack
McDonough with another clutch at bat to take the series against the #1 Noles. I'll take it!
Pack31
Probably why Avent let Martin go into our tunnel after being ejected. He agreed with Martin. The plate ump was turrible
DrummerboyWolf
Paniconpack said:

Put all the freshman in tomorrow and get them some experience.
Why? The team is playing well and it's very early in the conference season. Any win comes in handy later on.

As Crash Davis once said..."You never F(mess) with a streak."

We play to win tomorrow.
DrummerboyWolf
Pack31 said:

Probably why Avent let Martin go into our tunnel after being ejected. He agreed with Martin. The plate ump was turrible
Pretty much have to go out that way anyway to get to the buses.
Ripper
St. Patrick's Day (eve) gift from MCDONOUGH.
Glasswolf
Pack31 said:

Or maybe he was showing some respect for Martin instead of making him walk all the way thru the bullpen and around the outside of the building
Paniconpack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Paniconpack said:

Why? The team is playing well and it's very early in the conference season. Any win comes in handy later on.

We play to win tomorrow.

Of course you do, and there was some sarcasm in that. Would rather lose after we have a series clinch just to get the monkey off our back.
metcalfmafia
Man I am all jacked up right now. This team has it all
DrummerboyWolf
Paniconpack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Paniconpack said:

We play to win tomorrow.

Of course you do, and there was some sarcasm in that. Would rather lose after we have a series clinch just to get the monkey off our back.
I'd rather not lose. Oh it's going to happen, but I am never going to beg for a loss. These kids are hungry and everybody is building confidence daily. Several of the young guys got some action.
Lagniappe
Final score?
Paniconpack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Paniconpack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Paniconpack said:

We play to win tomorrow.

I'd rather not lose. Oh it's going to happen, but I am never going to beg for a loss. These kids are hungry and everybody is building confidence daily. Several of the young guys got some action.

Fair enough! And no one plays to lose Go Pack!
Paniconpack
Lagniappe said:

Final score?

9-8
Glasswolf
Lagniappe said:

Final score?

9-8
PossumJenkins
Paniconpack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Paniconpack said:

We play to win tomorrow.

A winning streak is a "monkey on your back"? Man...I'll take as many monkeys as we can get then.
Pack31
Glasswolf said:

Pack31 said:

Or maybe he was showing some respect for Martin instead of making him walk all the way thru the bullpen and around the outside of the building

Oh I'm sure. Pitt coach had to walk a mile to leave last weekend. I was referring to the broadcast where it looked like Martin went to the tunnel but stood there to watch. Not sure he ever completely left, which I'm fine with. The 2 managers and I all agree, the plate ump was bad tonight.
pack99
ciscopack said:

19 - 0
That's just crazy.
pack4life11
Need to step on the throat tomorrow. At the end of the year, conference record decides seeding, regular season champ, etc. That "one game" cane mean the difference between winning the regular season and being the 2-4 seed depending on how everyone else finishes.. There are no days off in conference. Don't settle for the series, take the sweep Pack.
EthanBarry
Staff
Pack31 said:

Glasswolf said:

Pack31 said:

Oh I'm sure. Pitt coach had to walk a mile to leave last weekend. I was referring to the broadcast where it looked like Martin went to the tunnel but stood there to watch. Not sure he ever completely left, which I'm fine with. The 2 managers and I all agree, the plate ump was bad tonight.
He let the Pitt coach go in the locker room too and I'm pretty sure he does it so they can watch the game instead of just sitting on the bus
wilmwolf
While I definitely agree that the ump was bad, the particular pitch he was arguing looked like the correct call. Honestly, I was surprised Martin got tossed so fast, especially considering how much griping there was from both sides all game. I guess maybe he called him the one thing you can't call an umpire.
PackFansXL
wilmwolf80 said:

While I definitely agree that the ump was bad, the particular pitch he was arguing looked like the correct call. Honestly, I was surprised Martin got tossed so fast, especially considering how much griping there was from both sides all game. I guess maybe he called him the one thing you can't call an umpire.
Strutter?
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

I imagine the umpire had warned Debo and Avent about arguing balls and strikes. When an ump makes one warning, he should let the other team know too and the next team to argue gets tossed. I think he said more as he was leaving then what got him ejected, but I do agree, the pitch he was *****ing on was a ball, but his catcher told him it was a strike.
FLWolf
The pitch he argued wasn't bad-we got a break in the 9th on that one pitch with two strikes. we ended up getting a walk

Great last at bat vs a pitcher with sick stuff-three run bomb changed that game
Pack31
Oh, b/c I'm pretty sure the Pitt coach walked his bag all the way to the bullpen. Maybe I missed him coming back. Idk. Martin deserves the respect either way.
Glasswolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

I imagine the umpire had warned Debo and Avent about arguing balls and strikes. When an ump makes one warning, he should let the other team know too and the next team to argue gets tossed. I think he said more as he was leaving then what got him ejected, but I do agree, the pitch he was *****ing on was a ball, but his catcher told him it was a strike.
Pretty sure Debo was warned about stepping completely out of the batters box. I mean way out. Your supposed to leave one foot in the box between pitches
wilmwolf
My interpretation of what happened was that the pitcher was dealing quickly, nothing wrong with that, and Brad went down 0-2 very fast and he stepped out to gather himself, but stepped all the way out of the box. The pitcher took exception to it and said something, to which Brad responded. That promoted the ump to have a chat with him, I figured warning him to stay in the box and not jaw with the pitcher, and then Avent came out asking for an explanation, that he didn't seem to particularly agree with, but he walked away. Two pitches later, Debo struck out, and had a lot more to say to the pitcher on his way back to the dugout, and I don't think they were exchanging thoughts on the weather. I was actually a little surprised that Debo didn't get tossed, given the prior interaction with the ump, and thank goodness he didn't.
DrummerboyWolf
wilmwolf80 said:

My interpretation of what happened was that the pitcher was dealing quickly, nothing wrong with that, and Brad went down 0-2 very fast and he stepped out to gather himself, but stepped all the way out of the box. The pitcher took exception to it and said something, to which Brad responded. That promoted the ump to have a chat with him, I figured warning him to stay in the box and not jaw with the pitcher, and then Avent came out asking for an explanation, that he didn't seem to particularly agree with, but he walked away. Two pitches later, Debo struck out, and had a lot more to say to the pitcher on his way back to the dugout, and I don't think they were exchanging thoughts on the weather. I was actually a little surprised that Debo didn't get tossed, given the prior interaction with the ump, and thank goodness he didn't.
You may be right, I was watching the hockey game and the baseball game at the same time and did not see the whole sequence.

I know as a former umpire, that arguing balls and strikes is cause for immediate ejection, so that is what I was saying about if one team is warned( and I am sure one them was as bad as the umpire was calling) then the other team is also warned and anything else leads to getting tossed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.