Baseball 3/15-17 vs Florida State (Pack wins series 2-1)

32,025 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wilmwolf
wilmwolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, he could've warned them for sure, because there was a lot of complaining, rightfully so because the zone was awful. I never saw him specifically warn anyone, and actually only saw one time where he responded that a pitch was up, making a motion with his hand. Whatever it was, I would've liked to hear the exchange with Martin, who no doubt knew that what he was saying was going to get him run.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
DrummerboyWolf
Glasswolf said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

wilmwolf80 said:

While I definitely agree that the ump was bad, the particular pitch he was arguing looked like the correct call. Honestly, I was surprised Martin got tossed so fast, especially considering how much griping there was from both sides all game. I guess maybe he called him the one thing you can't call an umpire.
I imagine the umpire had warned Debo and Avent about arguing balls and strikes. When an ump makes one warning, he should let the other team know too and the next team to argue gets tossed. I think he said more as he was leaving then what got him ejected, but I do agree, the pitch he was *****ing on was a ball, but his catcher told him it was a strike.
Pretty sure Debo was warned about stepping completely out of the batters box. I mean way out. Your supposed to leave one foot in the box between pitches
Unless that rule has been changed, that is not the case. You can step out of the box to gather yourself, look for a sign, fix your batting gloves(which every player seems to do) but you do have to ask for time. Now if you step out and don't ask for time or step out when the pitcher is pitching that can be deemed an automatic strike no matter where it goes. I think most umpires will grant time if you step all the way out and don't ask for it, but they don't have to. Ball is in play until you ask for time.
greeno
Pack31 said:

Glasswolf said:

Pack31 said:

Probably why Avent let Martin go into our tunnel after being ejected. He agreed with Martin. The plate ump was turrible
Or maybe he was showing some respect for Martin instead of making him walk all the way thru the bullpen and around the outside of the building

Oh I'm sure. Pitt coach had to walk a mile to leave last weekend. I was referring to the broadcast where it looked like Martin went to the tunnel but stood there to watch. Not sure he ever completely left, which I'm fine with. The 2 managers and I all agree, the plate ump was bad tonight.

Avent also directed Pitt coach into the tunnel.
greeno
wilmwolf80 said:

My interpretation of what happened was that the pitcher was dealing quickly, nothing wrong with that, and Brad went down 0-2 very fast and he stepped out to gather himself, but stepped all the way out of the box. The pitcher took exception to it and said something, to which Brad responded. That promoted the ump to have a chat with him, I figured warning him to stay in the box and not jaw with the pitcher, and then Avent came out asking for an explanation, that he didn't seem to particularly agree with, but he walked away. Two pitches later, Debo struck out, and had a lot more to say to the pitcher on his way back to the dugout, and I don't think they were exchanging thoughts on the weather. I was actually a little surprised that Debo didn't get tossed, given the prior interaction with the ump, and thank goodness he didn't.

I thought Debo had issues with noles pitcher talking- Debo kept pointing to the pitcher (my view from 3rd base dugout) while talking with umpire. Avent also pointed to pitcher when talking to umpire
Pakbackr
The N&O's lack of ANY coverage whatsoever of this weekend's series with FSU is a pure disgrace!
Struttingwolf96
****! The media as a whole has pretty much sucked with there coverage WRAL, WTVD, Sports Night. I don't believe any sports outlet has mentioned anything about the game. Now I know it may be during the ACC tourney, but you can believe if it was unc or duke doing what State is doing you would have heard about it both Fri. & Sat. nights. Didn't y'all know the sports media is just as crooked & corrupt as the national media, like CNN.
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Glasswolf
Glasswolf
DrummerboyWolf
Glasswolf said:

Are they going to wear the green for the game or just underneath the jerseys?
Glasswolf
DrummerboyWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

I would think green caps only
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
DrummerboyWolf said:

Glasswolf said:

Pack31
I guess I'm crazy then because I wondered why the hell he walked all the way to the bullpen. Hmm. Oh well. Looked like Martin hung out to see the finish bc he stopped at the door. Probably wished he didn't.
metcalfmafia
Let's just go ahead and sweep em shall we?
Wolfer79
Beinlein walks bases full in top of first but allows no runs
Pack gets 2 out walk, but strike out ends

0-0
end of 1
metcalfmafia
Dang these guys are having their way with Bienlien.
Wolfer79
metcalfmafia said:

Dang these guys are having their way with Bienlien.
Beinlien out
4 walks
1 infield single
double to gap

1 out in top of second
FSU leads 3-0
runner on second

Blake into pitch
Pack31
Got em where we want em.....ahead. familiar territory again for us.
Struttingwolf96
Hopefully State will find 2 more starters behind Parker as the year goes on. Looks like the staff is still searching. Maybe they will give Harrison, Feeney, or Klyman a chance as a starter even though they've been solid out of the bullpen.
Wolfer79
FSU leads 3-0
middle of 2
Wolfer79
Struttingwolf96 said:

Hopefully State will find 2 more starters behind Parker as the year goes on. Looks like the staff is still searching. Maybe they will give Harrison, Feeney, or Klyman a chance as a starter even though they've been solid out of the bullpen.
based on batting average against Harrison is not an option at this time

Feeney is probably innings limited for now based on return from Tommy John surgery

Johnston will get it worked out and be weekend starter
Wolfer79
Brown strikes out after 1 out walk to Debo and I need to go take care of errands and take a walk

3-0 FSU
bottom of second
2 out
runner on first
Pack31
3-0, top of 3
Pack31
Top 4, 3-1. Had em loaded with 1 out. McDonough grounded into FC at home, Debo ground out. Had a chance for more
Pack31
3-1, top 5

JT on 2nd, Butler swings thru ball 4. Hes struggled some lately. No hit in this series yet.
Pack31
Welp. 6-1, Bot 5. Fsu has awoken. Can't count us out but this will be a tall order.
Ncsu67
Tank is out of gas. 19 game streak was amazing but the the hard part comes now that our guys come out of the clouds.
ciscopack
What I think on balls and strikes....all umps are too inconsistent. I think every player should be measured by each conference (remeasured during the year for anyone growing like a weed). Balls and strikes should be call by the ump but with a computer box telling him the call. Boxes adjusted automatically by the computer for each player. Umps ain't good enough. That's easy for baseball.....nothing is that easy in BB or FB and those refs miss plenty. Those refs should have a beeper......you're obviously wrong...change it. The players should decide the winners. Balls and strikes inside a box or not ain't judgement, it's facts.
ciscopack
We ain't out of it yet.
ciscopack
Been 7-4 for a while......mid 8 now.
ciscopack
7-5 1 out in 8th...man on 2nd
PackFansXL
7-5 FSU still one down bottom of 8th.
ciscopack
2 on and Mr. Thomas at bat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.