Swimming & Diving recruiting

23,283 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by DecaturWolf
WarPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Great recruiting, especially since we currently have the #1 class for 2021 as well. Biggest issue is Texas had the #1 class in 2019 and 2020.
Mormad
Mormad

Mormad
2 incredibly elite rising juniors have us in their top 3 for the WW. Program changers. One could be a program definer, but I think she'll be an Olympian so that could complicate the picture. This girl is ridiculous. Shattering records.
Mormad
Picked up a really fast girl from Canada
Mormad
Got another one
Packamylase
Thanks, Mormad. Are there any more spots open?
Mormad
Yep. Still going after the big fish, claire curzan
ge_traveler
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Mormad. It is sometimes hard to get info on the non-revenue sports. We try to follow swimming though. My daughter is also a swimmer and makes it to all of the camps there. Maybe one day I will be in your shoes.
WarPack
Swimswam.com is by far the best place to keep up with swimming.
Mormad
I know it's "just swimming" but if our other programs were performing and recruiting at the level of these athletes and coaches, it'd be the number 1 topic on the forums.

2021 boys class now has 4 of the top 10 swimmers in the class plus 2 ranked 10-17. Some are calling it the greatest recruiting class in history. Then they just recently added to that epic class a foreign kid that is number 1 in his country and would be ranked top 3 here. So essentially 7 of the top 20 swimmers in the class.

That includes the number 1 overall recruit, the fastest 50 freer, the fastest 200 flyer, and add alexander norgaard who's taking a gap year to join that class who is already faster than Ipsen who won ncaas in the mile for us. Alexander is projected to win the mile as a frosh, got 8th at worlds, and will go to the Olympics and probably final there.

The women just picked up a distance swimmer from Canada and a back stroker from Az that would have placed in Acc finals in the 1 and 2 back last year with her current times
Mormad
Another 2022 WW commit
Northernpack11
Do you know what the status is of the new outdoor swimming facility that they were supposed to start on this past summer?
Mormad
Got another WW commit, but she hasn't visited or zoomed yet, so i know nothing about her.

I'll ask about the pool. Haven't heard an update in a while.
WarPack
From my understanding the pool was put on hold.
Mormad
Yep. Sounds like it's on hold for now
Mormad
And another commit for the women. Distance swimmer from in state.

4th commit for 2022
Packamylase
Number of recruits is good, but would appreciate hearing their rankings or accolades.
Mormad
Packamylase said:

Number of recruits is good, but would appreciate hearing their rankings or accolades.

Totally agree, but i know things so fast and these guys like to play some aspects close to the vest, so i want to be careful and respect them and the recruits. I love to brag about this team and staff lol. I am glad you're interested! I can say now that the first female commit of 2022 is the number 11 ranked swimmer in her class. Her current times would have made ACC finals last year. That's crazy to me. I'll also say that the number one swimmer in the class and potentially one the greatest female swimmers in history has us in her top 3. I think she picks us in the end, but I'm biased. She's already swimming times that could win NCAAs, and she's in high school. She'll be an olympian. She's a flyer and broke Missy Franklin's age group records, and yet just swam the 2nd fastest 50 free time in the country. Another top 5 kid has us in her top 3, and would likely pick us but her rents are pushing Stanford i hear.
WarPack
https://swimswam.com/nc-state-lands-9-kennedy-noble-us-junior-national-champion-for-class-of-2026/

This was the first or second commit for the women
WarPack
Top woman's swimmer from Hawaii commits. Our women's team will have swimmers from Hawaii, Sweden, Montana, Arizona, etc.

https://swimswam.com/nc-state-reels-in-verbal-from-hawaii-state-record-holder-grace-monahan-2022/
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Wolfer79
Mormad
Girls are hosting a breaststroker from Alaska today. On the national team, so a top 6 breaststroker in the country.
Wolfer79

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.