Swimming & Diving recruiting

23,153 Views | 144 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by DecaturWolf
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DrummerboyWolf
Looks like the Pack got a commitment from the #1 male recruit for the class of 2024. His name is Daniel Diehl and I think he is from Cumberland, Maryland. Coach Holloway continues to reel them in. Pay the man his money!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/diehl-wins-3-events-ymca-131700575.html
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
GuerrillaPack
DrummerboyWolf said:

Looks like the Pack got a commitment from the #1 male recruit for the class of 2024. His name is Daniel Diehl and I think he is from Cumberland, Maryland. Coach Holloway continues to reel them in. Pay the man his money!

A question for you or anyone who follows swimming more closely than me...is it true that we would need to significantly upgrade our diving program in order to be able to get to the top of the podium at the NCAA championships? I think I read/heard that our swimming points are right up there within striking distance of the teams that are winning, but the fact that we get too few diving points prevents us from winning it all.

Also, would upgrading our swimming and diving facilities help in improving the diving program the extent needed? I heard somewhere that there was talk of upgrading/improving the facilities while Yow was here, and maybe that could be in the cards soon.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
DrummerboyWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

A question for you or anyone who follows swimming more closely than me...is it true that we would need to significantly upgrade our diving program in order to be able to get to the top of the podium at the NCAA championships? I think I read/heard that our swimming points are right up there within striking distance of the teams that are winning, but the fact that we get too few diving points prevents us from winning it all.

Also, would upgrading our swimming and diving facilities help in improving the diving program the extent needed? I heard somewhere that there was talk of upgrading/improving the facilities while Yow was here, and maybe that could be in the cards soon.
I really don't know. I just happened on the story above. I was not looking for it but it caught my eye. I think Mormad's daughter is on the team. He might would know.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
DecaturWolf
GuerrillaPack said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

YES! We cannot recruit nor fully train elite divers because we do not have state-of-the-art diving facilities. Prior to the COVID purgatory, money was raised for a whole new facility. Many swimming alums contributed. Plans were drawn. Then COVID hit. While the athletic department and WPC were trying to financially manage the challenges, the project got shelved. It is still shelved.
Posted for years as ColoradoWolf and Rick from Littleton. On Twitter as @espwapoujacmel

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.