Diana Shnaider NC State women's tennis 2023 summer tournaments

12,528 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Wolfer79
Wolfer79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Diana Shnaider @PackWTennis advances again in Hamburg with a 2nd win in 2 weeks over Bernarda Pera !!!!!
In doing so Diana reaches her maiden WTA 250 Singles Semifinal and will play Noma Noha Akugue tomorrow not before 7am ET for a place in the Final #PackPro #GoPack
Wolfer79
Diana Shnaider
@PackWTennis
advances to her 1st Singles Semifinal at the WTA 250 level but couldn't get it done today against Noma Noha Akugue in Hamburg losing 6-3,6-3.
Diana will now climb to a Career High #86 in next weeks WTA Singles Rankings!!!

Buzz
I know it has been said she's turning pro and not looking back, but has it been announced or decided yet?

Admittedly I do not know all the ins-and-outs of playing in "pro" events as a college athlete and still maintaining eligibility, especially now with NIL.

Is it possible she is still on the team come fall, or has that ship sailed?
GuerrillaPack
Buzz said:

I know it has been said she's turning pro and not looking back, but has it been announced or decided yet?

Admittedly I do not know all the ins-and-outs of playing in "pro" events as a college athlete and still maintaining eligibility, especially now with NIL.

Nothing "officially" announced, but 99.99% chance she's done playing for the Wolfpack.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Buzz
GuerrillaPack said:

Buzz said:

Nothing "officially" announced, but 99.99% chance she's done playing for the Wolfpack.
Thanks. Been assuming the same, just didn't know if I had missed anything official. Guess we'll find out formally when the roster is updated.
Wolfer79
Shnaider's qualifying match at US Open is Wednesday vs Hailey Baptiste
no time or court listed
Wolfer79

Diana Shnaider @PackWTennis #PackPro set to open play at the @usopen today 1st match on the Grandstand court at 11am vs Hailey Baptiste

Wolfer79
Shnaider wins 6-3, 6-4

Wolfer79
1pm vs Elsa Jacquemot
Wolfer79
Rain suspends play in New York City at the
@usopen
! Diana Shnaider
@PackWTennis
will continue play tomorrow serving at 5-5 in the 1st set vs Elsa Jacquemot

Diana Shnaider's
@PackWTennis
2nd rd Singles Qualifying match at the
@usopenFRIDAY 2nd match on Court 15!

Wolfer79
Shnaider wins set 1
7-6(5)
Wolfer79
Shnaider loses 7-6, 5-7, 3-6

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.