Basketball recruiting and transfers

Jaywolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

This kid is blowing up like Devonte Graham did a few years ago


@tonybruton
FollowingFollowing @tonybruton
More

Caleb Mills (2019) 6'3" PG for PSB Select established himself as a high major prospect this past week. I've seen many great players that can't score the ball as well as he can that crack the top 50 nationally. Just throwing that out there.
Mills visiting Houston for an OV this weekend.
Mills commits to Houston. Kelvin Samson gets another one from NC.

A lot of people thought UNC would eventually get Mills but the young man had different ideas.




FollowingFollowing @Phenom_Hoops
More

6'3 2019 Caleb Mills of Asheville Christian (NC) / PSB Elite has committed to Houston


Really surprised he committed after one visit. But Mills and Nate Hinton will probably be amazing together next year.
RyanMB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So beginning later this month players will be allowed to take 15 OV's instead of 5. Also players can now stay in the draft and if they are not selected they can return to school. There are a number of other changes too. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24320401
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RyanMB said:

So beginning later this month players will be allowed to take 15 OV's instead of 5. Also players can now stay in the draft and if they are not selected they can return to school. There are a number of other changes too. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/243204
Love the draft rule changes but everything else kinda has me scratching my head.

The elephant in the room is now transfer rules. Looks like they didn't touch it.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Baltimore point guard James Bishop has cut his list to six and it doesnt include NC State

not a lot of 'buzz' between BIshop and the Pack lately, so no surprise he decided cut NCSU from his list.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duke's recruitment of Josiah James(6'6 5star CG) could really help us in the Wendell Moore recruitment.

Unofficial visit to Duke this weekend. Something to watch
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Duke's recruitment of Josiah James(6'6 5star CG) could really help us in the Wendell Moore recruitment.

Unofficial visit to Duke this weekend. Something to watch
Thanks dun! Keep us posted on this one...
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey Dunlow66, quick question. With some of the prospects State was looking at coming off the board now, would you say the staff is looking at around 12 recruits now to fill up the 2 scholarships for next year? The names I have that have shown interest torward State or State has recruited up until now are:

-Wendell Moore
-Jalen Lecque
-Noah Fernandes
-CJ Walker
-Patrick Williams
-Jahmius Ramsey
-Akok Akok
-Christian Brown
-Kendrick Sheadrick
-Terrance Mann
-Marcus Watson
-Boogie Ellis

Do you know of any other guys that I haven't got on the list that I need to add or if any of these names I have listed need to be taken off?
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

Hey Dunlow66, quick question. With some of the prospects State was looking at coming off the board now, would you say the staff is looking at around 12 recruits now to fill up the 2 scholarships for next year? The names I have that have shown interest torward State or State has recruited up until now are:

-Wendell Moore
-Jalen Lecque
-Noah Fernandes
-CJ Walker
-Patrick Williams
-Jahmius Ramsey
-Akok Akok
-Christian Brown
-Kendrick Sheadrick
-Terrance Mann
-Marcus Watson
-Boogie Ellis

Do you know of any other guys that I haven't got on the list that I need to add or if any of these names I have listed need to be taken off?
I have never felt like we were in it with Christian Brown.
No offer yet for Kadin Shedrick
Havent heard much of anything on Akok and NCSU lately

still think Ellis stays out West or
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, thanks. Who would you say are the top 4 guys State has a real shot at getting a commit from to get the 2 scholarships for next year as it stands now?
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, thanks. Who would you say are the top 4 guys State has a real shot at getting a commit from to get the 2 scholarships for next year as it stands now?


Not Dunlow, but most likely Williams, Walker, Moore if duke looks elsewhere, and Fernandes or Shredrick if we offer either
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok nryanh94, thanks. Yeah, that's the same names I've been hearing lately we are the top school or near the top. I think State leads for Williams at this point & we are also in good shape for Moore as well, even if duke does decide to go after him. Read where the staff might have been a little late getting in on the Walker kid from FL. With Fernandes, like you said we haven't offered yet, though we might soon with other kids coming off the recruiting list. The same can be said for the Sheadrick(sp?) kid out of NC, I wish the coaches would have gone ahead & offered him earlier, as it seems a lot of other schools have got on board with him now & looks he might have been a sleeper prospect. Also, like I've said before we are in good shape with Lecque, Ithink he really likes our staff, plus the coaches have really been letting him know how much they would like to to commit to State by going to almost all his games & staying in touch with him. State could still be at the top of his list of schools, but with him transferring up to Brewster I don't know how that might affect the Pack's chances.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, thanks. Who would you say are the top 4 guys State has a real shot at getting a commit from to get the 2 scholarships for next year as it stands now?


Not Dunlow, but most likely Williams, Walker, Moore if duke looks elsewhere, and Fernandes or Shredrick if we offer either
I would put Moore ahead of Walker.

Williams is going to end up being a longer, taller, stronger version of Torin Dorn. Can defend PGs and PFs
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Ok, thanks. Who would you say are the top 4 guys State has a real shot at getting a commit from to get the 2 scholarships for next year as it stands now?


Not Dunlow, but most likely Williams, Walker, Moore if duke looks elsewhere, and Fernandes or Shredrick if we offer either
I would put Moore ahead of Walker.

Williams is going to end up being a longer, taller, stronger version of Torin Dorn. Can defend PGs and PFs


Yeah I wasn't trying to put them in order lol, just figured those would be the most likely choices
Jaywolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Duke's recruitment of Josiah James(6'6 5star CG) could really help us in the Wendell Moore recruitment.

Unofficial visit to Duke this weekend. Something to watch


Really hoping James beats Moore the punch and commits to Duke asap
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think the staff would take any combination of Williams, Moore, Lecque, Ramsey, or Watson. I think with Killeya-jones transferring in next year to go along with Walker, Steere, Bates, Funderburk, & Hellems in the front court to go along with Johnson, Beverly, Harris, Daniels, & Bryce in the back court the staff's #1 goal is gonna be replacing both wings in Dorn & Lockett. As now I would bet on Williams being one the two man class. With hopefully either Moore, Lecque, or Ramsey being the other one. Keatts keeps the recruiting momentum going from the football team to the basketball team.
Jaywolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I honestly think this will be a three man class. We will probably take Two high school kids and a transfer. I feel like Markell, Devon or Cj will have a great year and go pro. Markell could be that guy if he can improve his shot off the dribble and stay healthy all season.
williewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

I think the staff would take any combination of Williams, Moore, Lecque, Ramsey, or Watson. I think with Killeya-jones transferring in next year to go along with Walker, Steere, Bates, Funderburk, & Hellems in the front court to go along with Johnson, Beverly, Harris, Daniels, & Bryce in the back court the staff's #1 goal is gonna be replacing both wings in Dorn & Lockett. As now I would bet on Williams being one the two man class. With hopefully either Moore, Lecque, or Ramsey being the other one. Keatts keeps the recruiting momentum going from the football team to the basketball team.
agreed that i think the staff is in good place with williams; has he indicated when he will decide?

i'm thinking sept is a pivotal month as guys decide before senior season starts
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree with you about September being an important month. I know that Williams just released his top 10 schools this past week, but I'm pretty sure State is right at the top of it. I don't have an idea of when he is going to make his commitment though, I think he is wanting to take a few visits to schools, but the most important thing is the staff staying in touch with him & letting him know he is wanted at State.
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

I agree with you about September being an important month. I know that Williams just released his top 10 schools this past week, but I'm pretty sure State is right at the top of it. I don't have an idea of when he is going to make his commitment though, I think he is wanting to take a few visits to schools, but the most important thing is the staff staying in touch with him & letting him know he is wanted at State.
Great to hear that State is "right at the top of it".

I saw the Top 10 he announced, but the one I saw wasn't listed in any certain order and our logo wasn't positioned in any certain way that one could infer it implied we led. Still had 6 ACC teams on it also, if I remember correctly. That's a long list. And while I also somewhat get the feeling that State feels pretty good about their "early" position, where did you see a ranking or tiers of how those 10 teams are considered? Would love to see a link if you can share (non-premium only). Thanks.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, I'll explain why I made the statement I think State is "at the top" of Patrick Williams top 10 list he just released. And no, I'm not going on where a schools logo is placed on a picture, foolishness. I go by things I've heard, interviews from a prospect, where a kid is from, & etc. If you look at the list I don't believe he chooses Arizona(ncaa & distance), Texas(distance & it doesn't matter Durant came to a game or 2), & Ohio St(distance & big10) and MD(distance & big10). Next, I dont think Louisville(ncaa & a new coaching staff) & WF(Manning might be out next year) will be his school of choice either. That leaves VaTech,FlaSt, Clemson, & the Pack. I believe Williams does want to play in the ACC, plus I hope he chooses to stay & play close to home so his family can come & see him. You would think Clemson would be State's main competition then, but it is VaTech & Fla.St that is "at the top" of Williams list as well. So as long as State keeps doing what they are doing until he picks a school the Pack are in a good spot to sign him, plus Williams really likes Keatts & the staff as well. I don't have any inside info. yet, but I do have a good friend whose brother coaches HS basketball & has been involved in the aau circuit in NC for years. Both of these guys played Division II basketball, plus one of their former teammates played in the NBA for a decade & now comes back around volunteering to help kids. So this guy knows a few people. The oldest brother has told his brother & me things that were gonna happen with recruits & even college coaches before it's made public & we are like no way everyone is saying something else, then when it is announced all he says is I told y'all. The only thing is, hate to say it, but they are both unc fans also. We constantly go back & forth about whose program is better, sometimes it gets heated, but at the end we are all good, its all in fun. But with everything they are going through at there univetsity them & their other buddy's don't have much to say these days, which is funny to me. Another thing, Williams wants a school with good academics & he might end up being another Julius Hodge, with his versatility. He did an interview with Brandon Blakney of PhenomHoopsReport back about 4 months ago, Williams seems like a really well-mannered young man.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Also, it didn't hurt that Keatts & staff jump & offered Williams early on ad well. State was his third offer being UNC-G & WF. Now if unc, Duke, Kansas, or Kentucky gets involved with him things may change with his recruitment, but as for now I believe State is the team to beat for him.
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Strutt, are you saying school distance and your perception Williams likes Keatts are your top reasons or are you implying your sources are adding confirmation to your insights?
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
All I am saying is from what I was told is State & Keatts are one of his top 3 schools now out of that list of 10, guy wasnt sure who the other 2 schools were, thinks they are schools close to home though. Me listening to interviews, reading things, looking at a schools roster, & other things is just my opinion on it being VaTech & Fla.St. Williams does like Keatts/State & I also think playing in the ACC is gonna be key with him growing up in NC & watching the teams play on tv. I said I Hope distance plays a factor in where he goes to school, dont think the schools involved now could pull him to get away from NC, but like I also said if the like of Kansas or Kentucky come along his recruitment may change.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PackFansXL said:

Strutt, are you saying school distance and your perception Williams likes Keatts are your top reasons or are you implying your sources are adding confirmation to your insights?
I have heard we lead for WIlliams rigth now......
PackFansXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks guys!
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As for Christian Brown....as I said before, dont think we get him but I wouldnt sleep on Clemson. Brown will be OVing at the end of this month. Clemson and Georgia could end up being his top choices.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NCSU target, PG Tre Mann, will OV to UNC on Sept 14th.

SInce the Heels missed on late blooming PG Caleb Mills, they have turned up the heat on Mann.Would not be surprised to see Mann end up in Chapel Hill.
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Virginia. Louisville, Florida and Indiana are the latest HM programs to offer Kadin Shedrick
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

All I am saying is from what I was told is State & Keatts are one of his top 3 schools now out of that list of 10, guy wasnt sure who the other 2 schools were, thinks they are schools close to home though. Me listening to interviews, reading things, looking at a schools roster, & other things is just my opinion on it being VaTech & Fla.St. Williams does like Keatts/State & I also think playing in the ACC is gonna be key with him growing up in NC & watching the teams play on tv. I said I Hope distance plays a factor in where he goes to school, dont think the schools involved now could pull him to get away from NC, but like I also said if the like of Kansas or Kentucky come along his recruitment may change.
I dont think Kentucky will get into the Patrick Willaims recruitment.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree with you Dunlow66.
RDUpackfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Virginia. Louisville, Florida and Indiana are the latest HM programs to offer Kadin Shedrick
why no stars?
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RDUpackfan said:

Dunlow66 said:

Virginia. Louisville, Florida and Indiana are the latest HM programs to offer Kadin Shedrick
why no stars?
Late bloomer. He will probably be a low four star/high three star prospect by the time he graduates HS
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wendell Moore unofficially visited Duke before Josiah James .. Devils are confident they will land him but others say this one is not yet a 'done deal'
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duke selling Moore and James on playing togeather. James will OV next month, Moore on the 22nd of Sept.

They have a great shot at landing both, but if Moore really wants to maximize his impact as a freshman, I dont think Duke is the place for him.

How much will being a 'Duke' fan impact his decision? How much weight will his relationship to new Duke asst coach Carrawell hold?


How about the stories from Wendell Carter and Fam?

Still think Duke has the edge on this one.
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like you were right about Boogie Ellis, he announced his final 8 & State didn't make it. Another prospect off the board.
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.