Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,126 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

Looks like you were right about Boogie Ellis, he announced his final 8 & State didn't make it. Another prospect off the board.
Tre Mann also looks like he will go elsewhere. Lotta UNC heat on this one right now.
Struttingwolf96
Yeah, been hearing that too. You know how recruiting goes. I think the coaches just got in late with Mann. My personal opinion & hope is that the staff signs 2 wing players. I would be happy with 2 of either 4 from Moore, Williams, Lecque, or Ramsey. The only combo I don't think will work is Ramsey & Lecque both coming in together, now any other combination of these 4 guys I would be ecstatic about the Pack getting.
Struttingwolf96
Hey Dunlow66, even though I dont think the team needs another big guy for next year have you heard anything about the staff making an offer to the Shedrick kid out of NC soon or does it look like he is not a take now? Looks like his recruitment had taken off with numerous schools offering him. I honestly don't think the team needs another true PG on the team neither next year, a CG though would be good.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Hey Dunlow66, even though I dont think the team needs another big guy for next year have you heard anything about the staff making an offer to the Shedrick kid out of NC soon or does it look like he is not a take now? Looks like his recruitment had taken off with numerous schools offering him. I honestly don't think the team needs another true PG on the team neither next year, a CG though would be good.
Still no offer and a lot of teams have started recruiting this young man. I dont think we have the 'need' thanks to Walker being a '2 year' post grad. Would'nt be a bad idea to redshirt Manny Bates to help space the big men out a bit.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks Dunlow66. Looks like some pretty good programs are after this young man now. Also, you mentioned about Redshirting Bates this year to space out the big men. That might not be a bad idea with C Walker, PF Funderburk, PF/C Steere(believe he will be in rotation before Bates), PF/F Dorn, & maybe Hellems who can play PF as well as SF in front of him I believe. Plus, with Keatts liking to play one big man at times as well. I wouldn't want Bates to lose a year just sitting on the bench when it looks like he has so much potential in his future.
Struttingwolf96
Hey Dunlow66, your seem to know pretty much about what's going on when in comes to State basketball recruiting. Does it look like the staff is down to these few guys now? Wendell Moore, Jalen Lecque, Patrick Williams, CJ Walker, Jahmius Ramsey, Marcus Watson, Christian Brown(long shot as of now), & Noah Fernandes(yet to offer). Are there any new prospects out there we haven't heard State is recruiting now?
Dunlow66
Very informative article on Jalen Lecque

Ask the father, or ask the son, and they will tell you the same thing: If you're from thereif you claim itNew York City flows through your veins. It's simple truth, a fact that remains no matter where you might reside.

Jalen Lecque is the son in this equation, and the question of roots, and of who and what you represent, holds particular relevance for him at this moment in time.

He's spent much of his life in the New Jersey suburbs, and he spent the past year in the relative isolation of small-town North Carolina. He'll be moving to New Hampshire to play for Brewster Academy this upcoming basketball season. In fact, Lecque has only actually lived in NYC for a few of his 18 years, but to hear him tell it, that hardly matters. On this, the Bronx native is blunt:

"I will always think of myself as a New Yorker."

His father, Derrick, confirms: "We're just New York in our blood."

https://www.slamonline.com/the-magazine/jalen-lecque-feature/
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Hey Dunlow66, your seem to know pretty much about what's going on when in comes to State basketball recruiting. Does it look like the staff is down to these few guys now? Wendell Moore, Jalen Lecque, Patrick Williams, CJ Walker, Jahmius Ramsey, Marcus Watson, Christian Brown(long shot as of now), & Noah Fernandes(yet to offer). Are there any new prospects out there we haven't heard State is recruiting now?
I think any new names that pop up would be either spring offers or decommits.

Those are the targets for the fall and I think we take no more than three(freshmen/transfers) next year....as of now, only 2 available but we know how things happen.
Dunlow66
Jamie Shaw @JamieShaw5
FollowingFollowing @JamieShaw5
More

Jamie Shaw Retweeted Jonathan Givony
"Patrick Williams looked like a much better long-term prospect than the borderline top-50 player he's currently ranked as by recruiting services" #FACTS
Dunlow66
IMPRESSIVE!

Williams was one of the most gifted prospects at the entire event from a physical standpoint, with a 6-11 wingspan, chiseled frame and freakish athleticism, doing some ridiculous things around the basket all weekend long when elevating off two feet. While not known for his shooting and looking somewhat streaky with it in drills, Williams came alive in the showcase game and knocked down a barrage of jumpers with his feet set and off the dribble (three 3s overall). The fact that he's 58-of-153 from beyond the arc (38 percent) in 62 games, according to Krossover, further backs that up. He was a real mismatch operating from the power forward position, something he's definitely strong and long enough to do at pretty much any level, aided by his impressive level of toughness, competitiveness and no-nonsense approach.
Dunlow66
and Patrick Wlliams is only 16 years old.
Struttingwolf96
You just got to love how State is not mentioned anywhere in the article even though they've been there from the beginning. Think State still have a solid shot at him, could bring the NYC attitude & swag with him like Julius Hodge did.
Struttingwolf96
Very. Been hearing State is leading for him as of now too. Man I hope we can keep that lead & bring this young man to the Pack next year.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

You just got to love how State is not mentioned anywhere in the article even though they've been there from the beginning. Think State still have a solid shot at him, could bring the NYC attitude & swag with him like Julius Hodge did.
Honestly, I dont think we will get Lecque. I think he ends up running with one of the 'blue blood' programs.
pack1502
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Honestly, I dont think we will get Lecque. I think he ends up running with one of the 'blue blood' programs.
Sad!
Dunlow66
Jody Demling @jdemling 1m1 minute ago
More

ICYMI, Louisville commit Josh Nickelberry confirms he will be in town on an unofficial visit the same weekend Jaelyn Withers makes an official visit to U of L.
Amphibious
I feel like the FBI thing is really f'ing with recruiting. All momentum seems gone...
NatePait94
Not really a momentum thing imo. I see keatts sitting at a table with cards in his hand. I dont think he is too concerned with his hand right now. He could fold right now and still be good. Our roster is straight as ****.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Bulldogwolf27
NatePait94 said:

Not really a momentum thing imo. I see keatts sitting at a table with cards in his hand. I dont think he is too concerned with his hand right now. He could fold right now and still be good. Our roster is straight as ****.

I agree. Why do we need to press. We only have two open schollys and if we some how strike out, then coach will go out and get some transfers to fill our open roster spots. We have a recruiting mastermind. If you guys don't remember, the year before leaving Louisville Coach Keatts was voted 3rd most feared assistant coach my his peers. We will be just fine. Really hoping for Pat Williams and anything else is gravy.
TheStorm
Amphibious said:

I feel like the FBI thing is really f'ing with recruiting. All momentum seems gone...
I personally - and respectfully - disagree.
FlockaWolf
It doesn't seem to be messing Louisville up & they have more investigations than anyone.
Dunlow66
@jalenlecque10 23s24 seconds ago

Top 7 tonight
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Top 7 tonight
Think we are in, dun?
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

Top 7 tonight
Think we are in, dun?
Top 7....I think so.

Top 3, not so sure
Dunlow66
Eric BossiVerified account @ebosshoops 5h5 hours ago
More

Five-star center Armando Bacot will announce his college decision on Thursday night.

UNC getting all the late heat on this one. I like this young man's game. He will be very good in a couple of years.
Dunlow66
This kid is one to watch......

Anthony Bruton @tonybruton 12m12 minutes ago
More

2021 Dontrez Styles, 6'7" SG from Kinston HS (NC) has been offered by Georgetown University per source.
dogplasma
Amphibious said:

Just my opinion, but I think things seem slow because we only have two spots to fill and because it's still the summer of 2018. Plus, our commitment rate was so high earlier in the year that things feel slow by comparison.
Riddickulous
dogplasma said:

Amphibious said:

Just my opinion, but I think things seem slow because we only have two spots to fill and because it's still the summer of 2018. Plus, our commitment rate was so high earlier in the year that things feel slow by comparison.
Plus when you juxtapose with football recruiting it seems even slower.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

This kid is one to watch......

Anthony Bruton @tonybruton 12m12 minutes ago
More

2021 Dontrez Styles, 6'7" SG from Kinston HS (NC) has been offered by Georgetown University per source.
Must be something in the water down that way...
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Eric BossiVerified account @ebosshoops 5h5 hours ago
More

Five-star center Armando Bacot will announce his college decision on Thursday night.

UNC getting all the late heat on this one. I like this young man's game. He will be very good in a couple of years.
UNC it is. They are getting a really solid low post.
wolfpackfan00
Jalen Lecque final 7: UCLA, Oregon, TCU, NC State, Louisville, Texas Tech, and Tennessee.
Bulldogwolf27
wolfpackfan00 said:

Jalen Lecque final 7: UCLA, Oregon, TCU, NC State, Louisville, Texas Tech, and Tennessee.

That's surprising that no team from the northeast made it or any blue blood made it except UCLA
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

That's surprising that no team from the northeast made it or any blue blood made it except UCLA
I thought Kansas or Kentucky would have been in ths one. Also potentially NBA draft eligible after a year at Brewster.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

I thought Kansas or Kentucky would have been in ths one. Also potentially NBA draft eligible after a year at Brewster.
We really don't look that bad in regards to that list. Leads me to believe the real danger is the dreaded 3-letter word.
First Page Last Page
Page 81 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.