Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,979 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
state95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thunderhill said:

If, and I mean if that is the case, it would likely be Hellems or Bey. Sasha has to sit out next season anyway so would he even count for next seasons schollies?
Because he will be on scholarship next year. It's no different than a football redshirt.
HungryWolf92
Uhhh Dunlow...some insight please LOL
nryanh94
Seems like it's not Bates

LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Hearing on twitter its bey to Louisville bc if Xavier connections??
nryanh94
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

He'd have to sit a year so unlikely
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

He'd have to sit a year so unlikely
Doubt he goes to Louisville.
nryanh94
If it's Bey it sucks, really liked his game/potential but there the potential for other wings next year
HungryWolf92
Info on Bey has always been quiet. Hoping it isn't him either.
nryanh94
NatePait94
Wowwww what a series of events
nryanh94
So:

SKJ
Lockett
Walker
Funderburke
Hellems
Steere
Bates
Harris
Bryce
Daniels
Dorn
Markell
Braxton
dogplasma
It's hard to keep up with our roster. We could probably save some real money over time by being one of those schools that doesn't put names on jerseys.
Packfan8
This off-season has been a lot of chaos but I feel like there won't be as many changes in the coming off seasons
dogplasma
nryanh94 said:

So:

SKJ
Lockett
Walker
Funderburke
Hellems
Steere
Bates
Harris
Bryce
Daniels
Dorn
Markell
Braxton
Compare that with our roster from just two years ago:

Abu
Freeman
Dorn
Henderson
Smith
Hicks
Johnson
Yurtseven
Anya
Kirk
Kapita
Rowan

Two guys still here - amazing. That's a lot of change and a lot of recruiting in a very short time.
Ripper
I like this roster. This team should be good. Two years after a new coach is hired, having 2 players left, is not too far out of the realm. It depends if the new coach wants a new culture and if the remaining players fit that culture.
MBS
Someone called "PrepForce.com" tweeted this earlier. I have no idea who this is. Any chance there could be truth to this? Doesn't make much sense to me. Trying to think what player Keatts would have signed that was "recruiting over" Bey(?)

PrepForce.com:
This is something you normally see late in football recruiting. Today Saddiq Bey fell victim to being recruited over late in the process. Bey should be a hot commodity. Would expect Miami, Pitt and Xavier to jump back in.

Also doubt Saddiq Bey "asked" for his release unless if they mean by asked they pulled his scholarship and then he asked.

RDUwolfpack
SKJ??
MBS
I mean I guess, but they play different positions, right?
Thunderhill
Bey has great hair-too bad.
WolfpackSI
MBS said:

Someone called "PrepForce.com" tweeted this earlier. I have no idea who this is. Any chance there could be truth to this? Doesn't make much sense to me. Trying to think what player Keatts would have signed that was "recruiting over" Bey(?)

PrepForce.com:
This is something you normally see late in football recruiting. Today Saddiq Bey fell victim to being recruited over late in the process. Bey should be a hot commodity. Would expect Miami, Pitt and Xavier to jump back in.

Also doubt Saddiq Bey "asked" for his release unless if they mean by asked they pulled his scholarship and then he asked.

I wouldnt say we recruited "over" him because he doesn't really have an established position. We were gonna play Siddiq anywhere from the 2-4. Atleast thats what he said the staff told him when he first committed. But there is quite a log jam at those positions for the foreseeable future. I think we are gonna play bigger since we are gonna have 4-5 bigs on the roster for the next 1-3 years. Funderburk is gonna see a lot of time at the 4 and may even play some 3. Daniels, Bryce, Hellems are all probably higher than him on the depth chart and are gonna be around for multiple years.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Megapack
Just speculation, but Pitt is in desperate need of warm bodies. If he ends up there the guarantee of playing time might have been a factor.
nryanh94
Megapack said:

Just speculation, but Pitt is in desperate need of warm bodies. If he ends up there the guarantee of playing time might have been a factor.

He'd have to sit a year
WolfPacker54
MBS said:

PrepForce.com:

They don't know, they are just talking out of their azz. I have no inside knowledge but I would assume Keatts picked up Lockett in reaction to knowing Bey was going to decommit, not to push Bey out the door. Keatts would not do something as shady as pulling a kid's scholarship.
Packfan8
So I'm just going to assume that when Bey gets his release, that he can go anywhere other than the ACC
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

So I'm just going to assume that when Bey gets his release, that he can go anywhere other than the ACC

He can go to the ACC, he just would have to sit a year
IseWolf22
WolfPacker54 said:

MBS said:

PrepForce.com:

They don't know, they are just talking out of their azz. I have no inside knowledge but I would assume Keatts picked up Lockett in reaction to knowing Bey was going to decommit, not to push Bey out the door. Keatts would not do something as shady as pulling a kid's scholarship.
I agree. I don't think you take Lockett for 1 year over Bey for 4. It would make no sense. Keatts probably knew this last week and accepted Lockett, with SKJ being completely independent of the situation.
WolfpackSI
IseWolf22 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

MBS said:

PrepForce.com:

I agree. I don't think you take Lockett for 1 year over Bey for 4. It would make no sense. Keatts probably knew this last week and accepted Lockett, with SKJ being completely independent of the situation.
You do if you think you can recruit a better player in 2019
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
It's not that we are going to block Bey from Acc schools. It says in section VI-3 that a player who signs a nli with an ACC school must wait one year before transferring into another account school
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

It's not that we are going to block Bey from Acc schools. It says in section VI-3 that a player who signs a nli with an ACC school must wait one year before transferring into another account school

They can transfer to the school, they just have to sit a year at that school and lose a year of eligibility
Packfan8
Thanks for the clarification on that, the wording is really confusing in the acc rules
IseWolf22
WolfpackSI said:

IseWolf22 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

I guess, but the original tweet strongly implies that it was a late addition this year, (Lockett or SKJ) that was the reason for "pulling" his scholarship

"This is something you normally see late in football recruiting. Today Saddiq Bey fell victim to being recruited over late in the process"
HungryWolf92
I don't think we recruited over Bey. Heavily recruited by AW and now AW is gone, and also I just don't see us taking a 1 year grad transfer over a 4 year guy. I think Bey is going to be a really good college player. Just my opinion.
WolfpackSI
IseWolf22 said:

WolfpackSI said:

IseWolf22 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

I guess, but the original tweet strongly implies that it was a late addition this year, (Lockett or SKJ) that was the reason for "pulling" his scholarship

"This is something you normally see late in football recruiting. Today Saddiq Bey fell victim to being recruited over late in the process"
I might be a little biased but I really don't think that the staff pulled his scholarship this late. That would give you a bad reputation among high school coaches and hurt recruiting in the future. KK has been on the other side of that for a long time so I really doubt he would do that. I think it was more that Bey looked at the roster and saw the logjam at the wing for the next 2-3 years. The staff probably didn't put that much effort in re-affirming his committment because they know they can get better talent in 2019 and beyond and it helps space out scholarships better.

I don't have any insider information or anything but thats just what makes sense to me.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
We recruited more players, we didnt 'recruit over' Bey. His issues were brewing for some time. NCAA/DSJ stuff probably made his decision easier.

Still dont know if Dorn is returning or not......Bey could have had a real shot at getting minutes if Dorn doesnt come back.
TheStorm
We did not recruit over Bey.

We added Wyatt Walker when Yurt transferred.
We had the opportunity to start going after Killeya-Jones when we knew Batts was transferring, which was the best kept secret in quite a while.
We quickly identified and signed Lockett out of nowhere as soon as the staff learned that Bey wanted to decommit and was working out the details.

That is not recruiting over anyone and it is disappointing to see people repeating it when no one with any credibility whatsoever has said anything even remotely close to that.
First Page Last Page
Page 67 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.