Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,727 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
PicklePacker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

I would be really shocked to see Dorn transfer. As a matter of fact I would be very shocked if he wasn't in a Pack uniform next season. Lockett is some added depth to finish out our final 4 team for next year.
Added depth with what scholarship?
I thought we were at 13 with Lockett. Is that incorrect? The question becomes, how can we sign SKJ unless someone unexpectedly leaves.
Thats correct but I don't think the staff would still be pursuing SKJ if they didn't plan on there being another opening. Seems like if you read through the lines here a bit, Torin ain't comin back.
That would suck. But if we had to lose either Dorn or Markell, I'd rather lose Dorn.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

We could get skj if he is willing to pay his way like Blake Harris did this past semester
Blake was supposed to pay but he didn't. He ended up taking Kirk's scholarship.

Also, Blake's dad played in the NFL for a long time so paying a semester probably isn't too much of a financial burden. Doesn't make much sense for SKJ to pay a year of tuition when he can get a scholarship pretty much anywhere he wants.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

I would be really shocked to see Dorn transfer. As a matter of fact I would be very shocked if he wasn't in a Pack uniform next season. Lockett is some added depth to finish out our final 4 team for next year.
I thought we were at 13 with Lockett. Is that incorrect? The question becomes, how can we sign SKJ unless someone unexpectedly leaves.
Thats correct but I don't think the staff would still be pursuing SKJ if they didn't plan on there being another opening. Seems like if you read through the lines here a bit, Torin ain't comin back.
That would suck. But if we had to lose either Dorn or Markell, I'd rather lose Dorn.
Agreed but both are extremely important. I think losing either is the difference between going to the NCAAs and not.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Ripper
WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

Agreed but both are extremely important. I think losing either is the difference between going to the NCAAs and not.
That's a bold prediction.
Dunlow66
Ripper said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

That's a bold prediction.
I say Hellems and Bey will more than make up for Dorn if he leaves. JMO. Also have Funderburke trying to get minutes at that spot.
Packfan8
Plus Cj Bryce and Daniels will pick up a big load next year
dogplasma
Does Dorn graduate this spring? Is he a potential grad transfer? (Just asking)
RyanMB
While I would hate to lose Dorn seems the new grad transfer plays a similar game. Averaged almost 7 boards a game last year. About the same size too.
welppack
Is there any truth to a rumor that a freshman (like Bey) is de-committing rather than Dorn leaving?
IseWolf22
welppack said:

Is there any truth to a rumor that a freshman (like Bey) is de-committing rather than Dorn leaving?
I saw that rumor too
PicklePacker
I posted this on the other thread as well, but, if Dorn has graduated, does he still take up a scholarship?
Bulldogwolf27
No insider info, but Bey was recruited by AW, so if any did decide they didn't want to come to state I could see it being him.
IseWolf22
PicklePacker said:

I posted this on the other thread as well, but, if Dorn has graduated, does he still take up a scholarship?
Yes.
CLTWolf
PicklePacker said:

If he's on the team he's on a 'ship. Unless you got a white whale sitch where a player actually pays their own way which doesn't happen often.
williewolf
IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

Yes.
Dorn could simply want to get on with a career if he graduated this week........he started at UNCC and sat out a year with the transfer; maybe he wants to give overseas ball a shot and no real need to return to raleigh if he has already graduated
RyanMB
The thing that I don't like is that the NCAA requires a transfer to sit out a year but then counts the scholarship against the active roster. Why don't they give teams like 15 total scholarships with 13 for the active roster and the other two for transfers that have to sit out?
Dunlow66
Bey is scheduled to show up this summer. A decommit would be a surprise to me.
Dunlow66
IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

Yes.
His dad could always pay his way.........doubt it would happen, but the guy did make an NFL paycheck for years.
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

Yes.
His dad could always pay his way.........doubt it would happen, but the guy did make an NFL paycheck for years.
I guess, but it's certainly a rare scenario. The only comment I saw about a freshman decommit said
"Looks like it's a freshman, not bates."

So it could be Steere or Hellms, not just Bey. But who knows at this point. TD still seems more likely, as much as I would hate that.
PicklePacker
I think we're all jumping the gun here but suppose one of the frosh did leave. Wouldn't they have to sit out a year where ever they went?
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

I think we're all jumping the gun here but suppose one of the frosh did leave. Wouldn't they have to sit out a year where ever they went?

If the staff released them from their LOI and they didn't enroll them no
nryanh94
IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

PicklePacker said:

Yes.
I guess, but it's certainly a rare scenario. The only comment I saw about a freshman decommit said
"Looks like it's a freshman, not bates."

So it could be Steere or Hellms, not just Bey. But who knows at this point. TD still seems more likely, as much as I would hate that.

Steere and Hellems are on campus already
wolfpackfan00
Giglio on Dorn

Amphibious
wolfpackfan00 said:

Giglio on Dorn

thank God for that, but I am still a bit worried lol. There are other possibilities that are also not good.
PicklePacker
I have a feeling it's Markell. And he's the one piece we can't afford to lose.
Ripper
PicklePacker said:

I have a feeling it's Markell. And he's the one piece we can't afford to lose.
Why would Keatts replace a true point guard with a non point guard wing? Markell doesn't make sense. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
ClePack
Just caught up with the thread after two weeks off. Damn. A lot has happened, and it looks like more is about to happen. I really hope it's not Markell. He's my favorite and honestly probably one of our top 3 most important pieces
PicklePacker
Markell is the most important piece on the team without a doubt
Packfan8
Skj is officially on board so who's out? I guess this is a good problem to have not enough scholarships for all the players that want to come in
state95
Packfan8 said:

Skj is officially on board so who's out? I guess this is a good problem to have not enough scholarships for all the players that want to come in

It's certainly a different experience than what we had with Gott.
IseWolf22
Packfan8 said:

Packinsider reporting it's a freshman

"I cannot go into detail at this point, but one of the Freshman that was a committed member of the Wolfpack's 2018 recruiting class will not be enrolling at NC State."
Megapack
What a roller coaster. We pick up 3 transfers and lose a couple players in the span of a few weeks. I'm curious to see who is leaving now.
Thunderhill
If, and I mean if that is the case, it would likely be Hellems or Bey. Sasha has to sit out next season anyway so would he even count for next seasons schollies?
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

If, and I mean if that is the case, it would likely be Hellems or Bey. Sasha has to sit out next season anyway so would he even count for next seasons schollies?

Hellems is on campus
RDUwolfpack
Yup, mentioned several times on here he will count either way.
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.