Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,538 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
RowanWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Grades" has been their standard answer for years when a kid doesn't look like he'll end up choosing the Cheats.
howlie
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

IC people are saying something on his transcript caused them to stop recruiting him. Grades?

Yeah, it showed he was actually taking classes and they got scared off. Pulled the offer immediately

Since he attended class, they realized they had nothing to offer him.
nryanh94
Emmitt Matthews Jr committed to WVU, think we were in him at some point after he decommited from UCONN
WolfpackSI
So whats the deal with SKJ now? Are we still pursuing? It would be between us and Wake then, right?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

So whats the deal with SKJ now? Are we still pursuing? It would be between us and Wake then, right?

Nothing really new other than the UNC/Pitt news. I would assume it's between us and wake but he still has visits left if he wanted to use them
nryanh94

If we could pull Brown it would be huge!!!!!
PicklePacker
Wow. Didn't realize we were really in the mix with Brown. Honestly, the way he hustles and plays, he appears to be perfect for a Keatts coached team. I love his game. All the buzz I've ever heard is Georgia. Are we really in the mix here? Or is this a courtesy?
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
What brown who the lousville guy or the kentucky?
nryanh94
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

What brown who the lousville guy or the kentucky?
Christian Brown, top 25 recruit out of SC. The UK guy is Sacha Killeya-Jones, who appears to be down to us and wake.
PackFansXL
I assume you can't see the name Christian Brown in the tweet two posts above yours.
nryanh94
PackFansXL said:

I assume you can't see the name Christian Brown in the tweet two posts above yours.
He could be on a network that has twitter blocked, so Id give him the benefit of the doubt
PackFansXL
I was. That's why I posted. Sorry if that came off snarky.
nryanh94
PackFansXL said:

I was. That's why I posted. Sorry if that came off snarky.
Gotcha lol, my bad man!
PicklePacker
Check out this background video on Brown. I really like his personality. He just seems like a really good dude.

EDIT. OMG. During the video he talks about one of the players on his team, Amon Rice. I googled him to see if he was highly ranked and it came up that he had been shot and killed yesterday. Man that's awful. http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article211058164.html
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
No sorry dude it just ssid if we get Christian brown thats huge!!! And above was a grey line
nryanh94

The staff is still on Juwan Gary
Looks like we are still in it with
Gary
Moore
Brown
Williams
Nickelberry (most likely lead)

That's a lot of wings
nryanh94
https://goo.gl/images/uhyHjt
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Gary
Moore
Brown
Williams

That's a lot of wings
Still think Gary ends up at SC
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Gary
Moore
Brown
Williams

That's a lot of wings
And Moore goes to Duke
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Gary
Moore
Brown
Williams

That's a lot of wings
And Moore goes to Duke

I agree on the Moore side, what do you think on Brown
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Gary
Moore
Brown
Williams

That's a lot of wings
And Moore goes to Duke

Havent followed him much as I didnt think we had a real shot on this one. Georgia proably lands him if they didnt fire their HC. No idea what Crean can do at that stop.

Florida or SC wouldnt shock me.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Gary
Moore
Brown
Williams

That's a lot of wings
And Moore goes to Duke

Havent followed him much as I didnt think we had a real shot on this one. Georgia proably lands him if they didnt fire their HC. No idea what Crean can do at that stop.

Florida or SC wouldnt shock me.
Also a few rumors to suggest UNLV is a player in this one.
Packfan8
Any info on this new grad transfer
IseWolf22
So SKJ is sounding like he may be coming here?

That would be quite the stable of bigs in 19/20.

RS Senior: Walker
RS Junior: Funderburk, Killeya Jones
Sophomore: Bates, Steere
I worry we would lose Bates or Steere in that scenario, but maybe we could get a freshman and space things out. Regardless, it would be a good problem to have

Packfan8
Unless someone else is leaving or the new grad transfer is not on scholarship than this scenario is not really possible. But I don't think anyone really knows the info on the new guy
IseWolf22
Packfan8 said:

Unless someone else is leaving or the new grad transfer is not on scholarship than this scenario is not really possible. But I don't think anyone really knows the info on the new guy
I saw the grad transfer news after I posted. Goodman said we still had a scholarship to give after the commitment and were still pursuing SKJ. I am really hoping that Lockett is a walk on or I am worried about Dorn
WolfpackSI
IseWolf22 said:

Packfan8 said:

I saw the grad transfer news after I posted. Goodman said we still had a scholarship to give after the commitment and were still pursuing SKJ. I am really hoping that Lockett is a walk on or I am worried about Dorn
Well, says he signed scholarship papers on Monday so I don't think he is a walk-on.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
I'm kinda worried about Dorn too, he's eligible to be a grad transfer and also has the possibility of staying in the draft
Dunlow66
Dorn and Markell were always my concern when it came to the off season. We all knew Hicks and Batts were gone and Yurt didnt waste any time bolting. Those two were the off season 'wild cards'

PicklePacker
I would be really shocked to see Dorn transfer. As a matter of fact I would be very shocked if he wasn't in a Pack uniform next season. Lockett is some added depth to finish out our final 4 team for next year.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

Dorn and Markell were always my concern when it came to the off season. We all knew Hicks and Batts were gone and Yurt didnt waste any time bolting. Those two were the off season 'wild cards'

Markell never put his name in the draft did he?
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

I would be really shocked to see Dorn transfer. As a matter of fact I would be very shocked if he wasn't in a Pack uniform next season. Lockett is some added depth to finish out our final 4 team for next year.
Added depth with what scholarship?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PicklePacker
WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

I thought we were at 13 with Lockett. Is that incorrect? The question becomes, how can we sign SKJ unless someone unexpectedly leaves.
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

I thought we were at 13 with Lockett. Is that incorrect? The question becomes, how can we sign SKJ unless someone unexpectedly leaves.
Thats correct but I don't think the staff would still be pursuing SKJ if they didn't plan on there being another opening. Seems like if you read through the lines here a bit, Torin ain't comin back.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
We could get skj if he is willing to pay his way like Blake Harris did this past semester
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.