Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,889 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
wolfpackfan00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

If we were to take a graduate transfer this off season I vote Cacock he's leading the nation in RPG
Does anyone close to the UNC W program know if Cacok has the credits needed to graduate?
Dunlow66
Starting to hear a lot of Trey McGowens/Clemson buzz. Kind think the transfer of Blake Harris may impact us on this one. Clemson will take McGowens in '18 if he wants to make the move back to his original class.
PackDaddy
I really want to see Clemson start becoming competitive year in and year out. That would be great for the ACC.
nryanh94
PackDaddy said:

I really want to see Clemson start becoming competitive year in and year out. That would be great for the ACC.

As long as we are more relevant haha
PackDaddy
I don't want to jump the gun but I think the days of worrying about being relavent are in the past.
williewolf
Dunlow66 said:

Starting to hear a lot of Trey McGowens/Clemson buzz. Kind think the transfer of Blake Harris may impact us on this one. Clemson will take McGowens in '18 if he wants to make the move back to his original class.
interesting; the harris thing is a bit puzzling
RDUwolfpack
yeah - you'd think we'd take him over Harris. But I trust keatts
nryanh94
Dunlow, I know it's a few years out, but how are we looking With Jalen Cone and Jaden Springer, id love to get one of the two. (Personally I prefer cone, if he grows a few inches he has DSJ potential, and he always plays with a chip on his shoulder)
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

If we were to take a graduate transfer this off season I vote Cacock he's leading the nation in RPG
Does anyone close to the UNC W program know if Cacok has the credits needed to graduate?
When we first hired Keatts there was the rumor Cacock could leave with CJ. I haven't heard anything regarding his credits but if he does graduate and is looking to play more I couldn't imagine he and Keatts wouldnt talk
TheWhiteWolf
wolfpackfan00 said:

I have to hand it to Keatts he has really made an impression with Simons it seems love that he was able to go to Keatts house for dinner really establishes a connection
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow, I know it's a few years out, but how are we looking With Jalen Cone and Jaden Springer, id love to get one of the two. (Personally I prefer cone, if he grows a few inches he has DSJ potential, and he always plays with a chip on his shoulder)
Cone is one of my favorite HS players, so I naturally hope he choses NC State but it really is too early to get an accurate read on his recruitment. I feel like we can get him if Coach Keatts and Co. go hard on this one.

Springer just seems like a UNC kid to me......hope I'm wrong. He would also be more of a wing like Bryce, not really a PG. Cone has those natural PG skills but with a scorer's mentality. I know some worry about his size, I think he will be a solid player at this level.
dogplasma
I haven't seen Cone play, but Miami's Chris Lykes is only 5'7" and he was solid against ND last night.
PackDaddy
Kevin Heart is only 5'4" and is a better then Paul George. I don't think height should be a major concern.
Dunlow66
dogplasma said:

I haven't seen Cone play, but Miami's Chris Lykes is only 5'7" and he was solid against ND last night.
Cone has some hops

RowanWolf
Anyone heard rumblings about Wendell Moore leaving Cox Mill for his Sr season? Cheat friend is in a panic he may transfer without committing to Roy.
nryanh94
RowanWolf said:

Anyone heard rumblings about Wendell Moore leaving Cox Mill for his Sr season? Cheat friend is in a panic he may transfer without committing to Roy.

Hopefully he'll go to Hargrave
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 10h10 hours ago
More

5'11 2020 Jalen Cone of Walkertown (NC) finished with 51 points & 7 assists in the 2nd round of tonight's playoffs #PhenomHoops #NCTop80

WolfpackSI
Any timeline for Simon?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
redculler
Cone is also coached by former NC State center Kevin Thompson at Walkertown. That might help a little bit.
nryanh94
Ashton Hagans , decommited from UGA. Staff offered him back in June.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Blue Blood bound at this time, IMO. Dont even know how Fox still has a job at UGA
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Blue Blood bound at this time, IMO. Dont even know how Fox still has a job at UGA

I'm not even certain Hagans would fit our system, he's got some length to him but doesn't seem like the type of 1 guard you'd put in a press. Also has a very inconsistent jumper.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I'm not even certain Hagans would fit our system, he's got some length to him but doesn't seem like the type of 1 guard you'd put in a press. Also has a very inconsistent jumper.
Hagans just reclassified to 2018
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Hagans just reclassified to 2018
also playing AAU with Game Elite

Samad H.
@CoachHines28
9m9 minutes ago

2019 point guard Ashton Hagans (@H23Ash) of Newton (GA) will now reclassify to 2018 and enroll into college next semester. Will still be running with Game Elite this spring/summer

NCSU target Josh Nickleberry will be playing with the same AAU team

wolfpackfan00
nryanh94
wolfpackfan00 said:

UNC probably the favorite here
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

UNC probably the favorite here
somebody got in his ear. Like I posted earlier, I think he ends up running with a 'Blue Blood'
wolfblood72
Dunlow66 said:

Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 10h10 hours ago
More

5'11 2020 Jalen Cone of Walkertown (NC) finished with 51 points & 7 assists in the 2nd round of tonight's playoffs #PhenomHoops #NCTop80

Dont forget Dun..... I am trying to keep up with his recruitment since I am a friend of the family. As we get closer to 2020 I will try to get updates
nryanh94
Apparently UNC is moving away from Hagans?
TheWhiteWolf
nryanh94 said:

Who are they moving towards?
nryanh94
TheWhiteWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

Sticking with Montgomery
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

Sticking with Montgomery
I thought they had a commit from Jermiah Francis for '19 at the PG spot?

also have a couple of '18 kids that want to be PGs with R Black and C White....though both may be better suited to SG/SF
nryanh94
Highly unlikely, but if he were to stay in 2019 a package deal of Ashton Hagans, Josh Nickleberry, and Christian Brown would be amazing
williewolf
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

Sticking with Montgomery
I thought they had a commit from Jermiah Francis for '19 at the PG spot?

also have a couple of '18 kids that want to be PGs with R Black and C White....though both may be better suited to SG/SF
leaky looks like he is 6'8"ish now and didn't seem to run point that much at the 3A final last weekend; moore and the cline kid seemed to handle the ball just as often

of course things could change at unc but i think he has grown into a wing also
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.