Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,923 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Engineer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How are things with Lecque going?
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Apparently UNC is moving away from Hagans?
wait, really? Heard he was favored to land there

edit - I just read that Hagans is staying in the 2019 class. That may be why UNC is moving on, they have a PG recruit in that class already
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

Apparently UNC is moving away from Hagans?
wait, really? Heard he was favored to land there

edit - I just read that Hagans is staying in the 2019 class. That may be why UNC is moving on, they have a PG recruit in that class already
Kentucky also kicking the tires on Hagans. They would like him in '18 as well
Dunlow66
@Andrew__Slater

6'3" PG Trey McGowens @Trey5mac_ of @HargraveHoops & @GAStars will visit St.John's tomorrow. He also has offers from OK St, Va Tech, TCU, Baylor, Tennessee, NC St, Seton Hall & interest from Providence (Coach Cooley watched him score 25 today), Michigan (yesterday) & Minnesota.
WolfpackSI
There are rumours flying around about Batts not sticking around. Anyone heard anything?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
People throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks.
FWIW he looks very happy to be here on Wolfpack Hustle.

As far as rumors go, they are just rumors.
williewolf
I would suspect the Keatts / staff are in Reynolds this evening for the Cox Mill state final game to see Wendell Moore
nryanh94
williewolf said:

I would suspect the Keatts / staff are in Reynolds this evening for the Cox Mill state final game to see Wendell Moore

Keatts and all 3 assistants are in attendance
Westwolf
So maybe now Dunlow can spill the beans on who will be transferring? Batts seems an easy choice. Others?
WolfpackSI
Well hello there offseason! Didn't expect to see you so soon!

Whats the situation? @Dunlow @Glasswolf @WOLFDAC @nryanh94
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
News in 3...2..
M_A
Going to be time to start eyeing grad transfers too.
ClePack
M_A said:

Cakok plz
ClePack
Westwolf said:

So maybe now Dunlow can spill the beans on who will be transferring? Batts seems an easy choice. Others?
hicks?? why is batts transferring?
Dunlow66
M_A said:

First one that looks interesting to me.

Per Zags - St. John's forward Tariq Owens has requested for a release and will explore graduate transfer options, his father, Renard, announced on Twitter Thursday.

"This is to explore Tariq Owens' options and see if it's a better option for him and his basketball career," Renard said in his statement. "St. John's still may be his best option."

In his junior season, Owens averaged 8.4 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.8 blocks and 30.3 minutes per game.

Kid is 6'11
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

M_A said:

Per Zags - St. John's forward Tariq Owens has requested for a release and will explore graduate transfer options, his father, Renard, announced on Twitter Thursday.

"This is to explore Tariq Owens' options and see if it's a better option for him and his basketball career," Renard said in his statement. "St. John's still may be his best option."

In his junior season, Owens averaged 8.4 points, 5.9 rebounds, 2.8 blocks and 30.3 minutes per game.

Kid is 6'11

Put up 17 and 4 against Bagley and duke

9 and 9 against Nova
Packfan8
What about Ryan Luther from Pitt , he's seeking medical hardship from this past season at Pitt, averaged 12.7 points per game
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

What about Ryan Luther from Pitt , he's seeking medical hardship from this past season at Pitt, averaged 12.7 points per game

He'd have to get a waiver for inter conference transfer. Luckily there's a precedent there
metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

M_A said:

Kid is 6'11

9 and 9 against Nova
This would be his third college stop.
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

M_A said:

Kid is 6'11

9 and 9 against Nova
This would be his third college stop.

Mos grad transfer options will be a kid who is either on his third college or someone who was hurt for a season. So pretty typical
M_A
Dunlow66 said:

M_A said:

Kid is 6'11
yeah worth taking a look at. top tier shot blocker (and, importantly, for a good defensive team) who started taking 3s this season. has good looking form on his shot. he's slight, though - thin as a rail, and will probably be heavily pursued. I think he'd be our main target if we didnt have funderburk coming in, as is, idk.

we'll have to see what guards are available. theres a few mid major dice rolls who have already announced, but no one with al freeman potential yet
RyanMB
ClePack said:

M_A said:

Cakok plz
Would love to have him. Does anyone know if he will graduate this year?
RDUwolfpack
There may be better options than Cacok on the market in a few weeks.
williewolf
not sure that there will be much need for grad transfers this offseason; i would suspect that coach wants to get the guys who sat this year and the freshmen into game action asap and start building team chemistry and acc level experience for later
sf59
williewolf said:

not sure that there will be much need for grad transfers this offseason; i would suspect that coach wants to get the guys who sat this year and the freshmen into game action asap and start building team chemistry and acc level experience for later
i don't, know. At the 5 there is a huge lack of experience A grad transfer there would greatly help the Freshmen get their feet under them.
Packfan8
Seeing rumors that AW Hamilton is taking the job at Eku, how does this hurt recruiting
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Seeing rumors that AW Hamilton is taking the job at Eku, how does this hurt recruiting
it doesnt help. AW is a very good recruiter
williewolf
sf59 said:

williewolf said:

i don't, know. At the 5 there is a huge lack of experience A grad transfer there would greatly help the Freshmen get their feet under them.
maybe so; i was assuming the juco would start at 5 and the freshmen would gradually acclimate
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

it doesnt help. AW is a very good recruiter

Hopefully Debbie opens up the checkbooks. Would really like to see the coaching staff intact for a few years.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

huge loss
ZoeJaxpack
Hearing good things for us with regards to Cacok
Packfan8
That's what I was thinking, he was a big part in us getting Braxton, and could've helped us with some 2019 guys from hargrave. I'm happy for him though
Ripper
ZoeJaxpack said:

Hearing good things for us with regards to Cacok

What are you hearing?
WolfpackSI
With all the transfer talk, I wonder if Beverly follows AW to EKU. Bev is an elite shooter but he was targeted a lot on defense. He's obviously very close to AW and he is from Kentucky so something to think about.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
Can we please not start speculation on players transferring, when there is no reason to believe that they will. Might as well start worrying about C.J. Bryce, and Devon Daniels transferring out while we're at it.
First Page Last Page
Page 53 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.