Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,640 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

Can we please not start speculation on players transferring, when there is no reason to believe that they will. Might as well start worrying about C.J. Bryce, and Devon Daniels transferring out while we're at it.
Just a thought and I backed it up with the thought process. Don't really see whats wrong with that...

Somethings gotta give - we are over scholarships and still looking to add players.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

Can we please not start speculation on players transferring, when there is no reason to believe that they will. Might as well start worrying about C.J. Bryce, and Devon Daniels transferring out while we're at it.
Just a thought and I backed it up with the thought process. Don't really see whats wrong with that...

Somethings gotta give - we are over scholarships and still looking to add players.

Someone can back up almost any transfer with a thought process. The issue is people see one person post that Beverly may be transferring, or Batts is transferring, or Markell will be ineligible then we have a widespread rumor and that's all anyone wants to talk about. If you have knowledge of someone transferring or looking to then by all means. I just think it's pointless and something we need to get away from as a fan base in speculating that a certain person is leaving before their is any type of info. to back it up.
wufpack7
We're not over on scholarships. We're at 13 if Yurtseven comes back. And a guy that played over 32 minutes a game as a freshman in the ACC transferring to a low-major school? Yeeeeaaaahhh. Unless there are some special circumstances like Bo Hines' political aspirations, don't see that happening. Not to mention that I'm not sure the Hamilton deal is done yet anyway.
NatePait94
I'm with WolfpackSI. His thought process is valid. Speculation is a facet of sports. It's why we have a message board and forums. Safe to discuss such things so long as they stay in a neutral manner.
NatePait94
Not saying that I think he will or won't go, but that the speculation is accurate based upon the connections and dots that could be connected.

It's a conversation I would have casually with fellow fans.
M_A
Just found out that Jon Elmore was at Christ School for a little bit and might be close to graduating. Someone should send him some tape of Luke Hancock hitting 3s for the National Championship team Keatts was on the bench for.
sf59
williewolf said:

sf59 said:

williewolf said:

not sure that there will be much need for grad transfers this offseason; i would suspect that coach wants to get the guys who sat this year and the freshmen into game action asap and start building team chemistry and acc level experience for later
i don't, know. At the 5 there is a huge lack of experience A grad transfer there would greatly help the Freshmen get their feet under them.
maybe so; i was assuming the juco would start at 5 and the freshmen would gradually acclimate
Funder's game probably fits best at the 4 from what I have seen and read. I suppose he could play some 5, but he is more of a big wing.

Still think we need a true rebounder/ rim protector with experience to bridge the gap for one year.
WolfpackSI
wufpack7 said:

We're not over on scholarships. We're at 13 if Yurtseven comes back. And a guy that played over 32 minutes a game as a freshman in the ACC transferring to a low-major school? Yeeeeaaaahhh. Unless there are some special circumstances like Bo Hines' political aspirations, don't see that happening. Not to mention that I'm not sure the Hamilton deal is done yet anyway.
What about Simon?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
NatePait94 said:

I'm with WolfpackSI. His thought process is valid. Speculation is a facet of sports. It's why we have a message board and forums. Safe to discuss such things so long as they stay in a neutral manner.
Thanks @NatePait94. These are my thoughts exactly.

All that being said, I think Beverly is a special player and hopes he sticks around.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
If we lose a PG, it wont be Beverly to Eastern Kentucky.
wufpack7
WolfpackSI said:

wufpack7 said:

What about Simon?
It would be amazing to get him here, but unless I lost consciousness for a few days he hasn't committed and doesn't seem particularly close to committing anywhere.
nryanh94
NatePait94 said:

I just don't see any good coming from baseless speculation of transfers
ZoeJaxpack
If you want to speculate....If Simons doesn't go pro which I don't think he does then we lead there. If we are going to lose a pg it most definitely isn't Beverly, it will be batts. We will have cacok and 50/50 Yurt7comes back. Then connect dots with scholarships. As of now the gem of our class is funderburk.
WOLFDAC
It's early, but my camp says Yurt is hedging on coming back, citing he believes he needs to work on the physicality of his game. There are plenty who say he's as good as gone...time will tell.
WolfpackSI
WOLFDAC said:

It's early, but my camp says Yurt is hedging on coming back, citing he believes he needs to work on the physicality of his game. There are plenty who say he's as good as gone...time will tell.
Wow that is very interesting! I always thought he was 90-95% gone but it would be awesome if he came back.

A more physical Yurt is a ACC POY-caliber Yurt
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
ZoeJaxpack
I think Yurt7 will decide to come back but yes it is early
NatePait94
Yurt7 plays better when his teammates slap him in the face in huddles. Get angry big boy.
twentytoe
Who did that to Yurt, seems I remember something like that.
Da Pack since 75.
WiltsonWolf
Re: transfer speculation. It's not the discussing who may tranfer that is negative. It's listing all the reasons why they don't fit or arent good enough or cant cut it. Why eat your own publicly? Just wait for facts.

Re: yurt7. Dude had a good season and has some upside. Love yurt when he plays with confidence. Wish him the best w/e he chooses.
NatePait94
Al Freeman slapped him IIRC and it was beneficial
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

He was also 'as good as gone' last year......things can change. I see he has fallen in most recent mock drafts. Stranger things have happened, but the staff was recruting under the impression that Yurt was leaving after the season.
Dunlow66
ZoeJaxpack said:

If you want to speculate....If Simons doesn't go pro which I don't think he does then we lead there. If we are going to lose a pg it most definitely isn't Beverly, it will be batts. We will have cacok and 50/50 Yurt7comes back. Then connect dots with scholarships. As of now the gem of our class is funderburk.
Steere's motor and Bates potential will win out in the long term over Funderburke, IMO. Love what those two kids bring, especially the attitude and 'part of the team' mentality needed to be a big man in Coach Keatts system.
ZoeJaxpack
Ripper
Dunlow66 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

Steere's motor and Bates potential will win out in the long term over Funderburke, IMO. Love what those two kids bring, especially the attitude and 'part of the team' mentality needed to be a big man in Coach Keatts system.

What do the coach's see in Funderburke that Dunlow does not see? Was Funderburke better in high school than Steere or Bates? Has Funderburke regressed since high school?
wolfpacklean202
I think Cacok would be perfect for the Wolfpack. Dude is a monster rebounder and shot blocker, high efficient scorer, isn't like Abu who thinks he has the green light to take a jumper every time he touches the ball, just simply understands his role and owns it and that is to do the dirty work. Also perfectly bridges the gap between our incoming big men for them to learn underneath them instead of throwing them in the fire right away. And he obviously knows KK's system as well.
WL202
Dunlow66
Ripper said:

Dunlow66 said:

ZoeJaxpack said:

What do the coach's see in Funderburke that Dunlow does not see? Was Funderburke better in high school than Steere or Bates? Has Funderburke regressed since high school?
They have seen his individual workouts and a lot more of him playing than I have. I have only watched a few of his games in JUCO.

Dont get me wrong, he has potential but I just dont see this guy being a wing no matter how bad he wants it. Footwork is a bit rough right now. Motor is not what I would like to see either.

I think Steere has the motor/determination and Bates has the work ethic. Funderburke could end up being a stud if the staff can get him where he needs to be.........my question is can it be done. I dont have such concerns with Bates and Steere. Those kids will put in the work.
TheStorm
I'm confused. If Cacock is a true junior at UNCW how is he going to come in as a Grad transfer? Do they graduate them out of there in three (3) years now?

Surely, he's not looking to transfer and sit out a year is he?
WolfpackSI
TheStorm said:

I'm confused. If Cacock is a true junior at UNCW how is he going to come in as a Grad transfer? Do they graduate them out of there in three (3) years now?

Surely, he's not looking to transfer and sit out a year is he?
Its tough but not impossible to graduate in 3 years if you load up on summer classes and have an easier major
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PackFansXL
Leslie, who dominated UMD yesterday to lead the Pack's return to the Sweet 16, graduated from UMD in 2.5 years before transferring to State this year.
ScoobyWolf
Where are the Cacok rumblings coming from?
Ripper
ScoobyWolf said:

Where are the Cacok rumblings coming from?

I've asked multiple times about Cacok, but no one has any info about him: 1) graduating in 3 years and 2) whether he has actual interest in State, even if he could transfer.

LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Hey guys...little about myself...im Lebanese...17...name is Roger(pronounced in french)...and hugeeeeeeeeeeee pack fan and love recruiting...i can be able to bring a lot of inside info with connections I have with friends to the players in hs

So let's get to work...can someone make list plz of all the ppl we are actually recruiting that are not based on rumors? I know about Simons...cacock as of now is nothing confirmed...what grad transfers could we get?
nryanh94
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

Hey guys...little about myself...im Lebanese...17...name is Roger(pronounced in french)...and hugeeeeeeeeeeee pack fan and love recruiting...i can be able to bring a lot of inside info with connections I have with friends to the players in hs

So let's get to work...can someone make list plz of all the ppl we are actually recruiting that are not based on rumors? I know about Simons...cacock as of now is nothing confirmed...what grad transfers could we get?

2018:
Simons
Everyone else is a rumore/speculation at this point

2019:
Nickelberry
Moore
You'll start to see who all the staff will focus in on during the April recruiting period and then more in depth towards July.
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Ok thanks man now we got somewhere to start from! So at this point we can't take anymore players at all...if yurtseven leaves then we can take Simons but until then it's impossible ?
NatePait94
I remember another cedar maronite account? Same person, forget info?
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.