Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,588 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NatePait94 said:

I remember another cedar maronite account? Same person, forget info?

That's what I was thinking haha
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Yessir! Same guy,it told me I was disqualified from logging in bc I hadn't in a long time...anyway...what type of player is funderburke? And if we do get Cacock...who had a better potential him or abu? Abu was never really basketball ready even tho he was physically ready imo
NatePait94
Funderburk from 2 years ago. Has only gotten better and developed a reliable shot.

NatePait94
Manny Bates
NatePait94
Devon Daniels NC State mixtape

NatePait94
CJ Bryce

NatePait94
Blake Harris

NatePait94
Saddiq Bey

NatePait94
Ian Steere

NatePait94
Jericole Hellems

NatePait94
NC State target Josh Nickelberry

LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Funderburke: I am really excited about him...i think in those two years he has truly matured and expanded his game to a new level with the physicality needed...he is a different type of big imo than ncsu is used to(those skinnier yet more versatile types)

From the video Manny looked like all he could do was sit and wait for a ball to dunk...someone help me info wise and what he brings to the table plz

Devon I am also really really excited about. he can easily replace al Freeman and think he is also more versatile...both remind me of hard nosed pitbull that just fight and physical which is great

Bryce will be a nice addition to have off the bench but major contributor

Ian steere is like next Freeman except can do little more...just needs to have better footwork and he is good

I love everything about J.H. and his game...he is type of player I would love to have him on a team...and devon

Lastly the mizzou guy I think will also be a good addition off the bench that will give our guys a needed rest

The thing they all have in common??? They all fit coach's system so perfectly and it's exciting because these are different style than we are used to

If we get Y7 back and no-one leaves I think this can be an elite 8 or better type team...Y7 and funderburke will lead the way upfront with experience and skill while we let the rest of the big men take their time and settle in smoothly.. for our guards good god no comment

Sorry about long posts I won't do thst anymore...what do u guys think about these guys and our future ?
nryanh94
LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

Funderburke: I am really excited about him...i think in those two years he has truly matured and expanded his game to a new level with the physicality needed...he is a different type of big imo than ncsu is used to(those skinnier yet more versatile types)

From the video Manny looked like all he could do was sit and wait for a ball to dunk...someone help me info wise and what he brings to the table plz

Devon I am also really really excited about. he can easily replace al Freeman and think he is also more versatile...both remind me of hard nosed pitbull that just fight and physical which is great

Ian steere is like next Freeman except can do little more...just needs to have better footwork and he is good

I love everything about J.H. and his game...he is type of player I would love to have him on a team...and devon

Lastly the mizzou guy I think will also be a good addition off the bench that will give our guys a needed rest

The thing they all have in common??? They all fit coach's system so perfectly and it's exciting because these are different style than we are used to

If we get Y7 back and no-one leaves I think this can be an elite 8 or better type team...Y7 and funderburke will lead the way upfront with experience and skill while we let the rest of the big men take their time and settle in smoothly.. for our guards good god no comment

Sorry about long posts I won't do thst anymore...what do u guys think about these guys and our future ?

Bates likely has the highest ceiling of his class, he has a ways to go in his offensive development, but gives you an excellent rim protector/rebounder.

Steere has far more potential than was Lennard gave us, think he'll end up what we all hoped Abu would become.

Bryce and daniels will likely both star.

I think Funderburke has potential, but I don't see him playing the 4 or the 5. He's kind of like a tweener (Abu this year) and I'm not certain that will go well in this system.

Hellems and Bey both give you guys hat can score on all 3 levels, and are both solid in size to play the 3 or the 4
NatePait94
nryanh94 said:

LebaneseCedarMaronite777 said:

Bates likely has the highest ceiling of his class, he has a ways to go in his offensive development, but gives you an excellent rim protector/rebounder.

Steere has far more potential than was Lennard gave us, think he'll end up what we all hoped Abu would become.

Bryce and daniels will likely both star.

I think Funderburke has potential, but I don't see him playing the 4 or the 5. He's kind of like a tweener (Abu this year) and I'm not certain that will go well in this system.

Hellems and Bey both give you guys hat can score on all 3 levels, and are both solid in size to play the 3 or the 4

To touch on your Manny question/concern. No doubt in my mind that his junior and senior season he will lead the ACC in Blocks per minutes played. Him and Ian will duke it out for most dunks and highest FG%
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
If that's the case that means my friends for the first time in a long time we have a true and complete team...i think Funderbruke will surprise us hopefully but this team will truly have everything and if he can also play the 3 spot this is final four bound(maybe in 2 years"> we will habe star power, hard determined workers, glue guys and physical fighters, and lastly god willing WINNERS
NatePait94
If you don't mind me asking, how did you become an NC State fan?
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
Keatts loves 4 guards one center

Who u guys think will do it?

Could Funderbruke play a 3 spot maybe like adel and Louisville?

I got Markell Bryce Daniels Funderbruke(guards) around Y7 if he so chooses to return
LebaneseCedarMaronite777
No I don't mind at all"> My father transferred from a country overseas to ncsu and he graduated from there and I was always raised a diehard pack fan on Raleigh!! May I return the question? How bout urself?
Bulldogwolf27
I really like DJ's high school film. He looks like a tweeter, but someone that may play more 5 next year for us. Keatts really like the I dunk everything type of big. In our offense that's the type of bigs you need.
wufpack7
Dorn starts. He was our most consistent player all year and can play multiple positions..
NatePait94
I have to agree with previous statements that are ,if Omer returns, it will be Omer and Bates exclusively handling the 5 with Steere and Funderburke switching between 4 and 5.
nryanh94
Jaywolf27 said:

I really like DJ's high school film. He looks like a tweeter, but someone that may play more 5 next year for us. Keatts really like the I dunk everything type of big. In our offense that's the type of bigs you need.

The two things I don't like about funderburke, vs Manny and Ian, is I'm not sure that he has the frame to put on more size. He's been out of almost HS 2 years and hasn't put on mouth size, in addition to that I'm not sure how willing he is to play the 5 and do all the dirty work down low. Everything I've seen of him looks as if he prefers to play out on the wing.
RyanMB
I am most excited about C.J Bryce. He will be entering his 4th year in KK's system and is made for it. He will start and thrive next year imo.
Engineer97
Anfernee Simmons

nryanh94
wufpack7 said:

Dorn starts. He was our most consistent player all year and can play multiple positions..

Your starting 5 will look something like

Markell
Bryce
Daniels
Dorn
Yurtseven or Steere or Bates or Funderburke or Grad transfer haha
NatePait94
Agreed.

The previous question was what 4 guards would start?
I would assume, kells, Daniels, Bryce, and dorn. If that comes to fruition, that will be the best quad in the league imo
nryanh94
Engineer97 said:

Anfernee Simmons

Unfortunately it's looking more likely he'll go pro, most of the updated mock drafts have the kid in the top 20. Dunlow has said for awhile if he gets a first round grade he is gone.
NatePait94
CJ Bryce has Swagger
NatePait94
Matter of fact, our whole squad next year has swagger
Engineer97
Steere is gonna play.
WolfpackSI
Funderburke is an interesting candidate for sure. He essentially looks like a big guard right now. I think he fills out a very big weakness we had this year: our inability to guard versatile bigs. I could post Luke Maye's stats from our two matchups but I will save everyone the heartache. If the staff can whip him into shape, the Funderburke can fill a big hole we had this year. Play our 4-1 system but still have enough size on D without sacrificing philosophy.

What do you guys think?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Ripper
I know it's only video highlights, but Steere is really good and super versatile. Nice shot, good power down low, nice passing, good D, and able to dribble coast to coast.

ClePack
Simons seems to be leaning Memphis after their new coaching hire
NatePait94
That boy is gonna go get paid, my friend

And it ain't gonna be Pitino style
nryanh94
ClePack said:

Simons seems to be leaning Memphis after their new coaching hire

Simons was named after Hardaway, and plays with Penny's son so it makes sense. But he's NBa bound
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.