Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,920 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Also, example A of how fans can negatively influence a recruitment
NatePait94
While true, it is a common practice among fans. Bound to be some bad eggs out of a couple hundred thousand.
WolfpackSI
NatePait94 said:

While true, it is a common practice among fans. Bound to be some bad eggs out of a couple hundred thousand.
Its pretty sad(and pretty effing annoying) that so many fans are focused on the negatives. In July, if you told me that we would go 2-1 against Duke UNC and it came down to the final minute both times then I would be ecstatic.

On top of that, we have a chance to add a top-10 recruit that is the best shooter in the class in year one? Thats almost unheard of in year one for most non-blue blood programs.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
PackFansXL
Hey SI, why don't you take James up on his $1 offer? You're a knowledgeable poster and you would enjoy the Premium side of the site.
Glasswolf
NatePait94 said:

It is true every fan base has them but to be honest I don't notice other fan bases. I do notice ours and I have more State fans on mute or blocked on twitter than any
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

WolfpackSI
PackFansXL said:

Hey SI, why don't you take James up on his $1 offer? You're a knowledgeable poster and you would enjoy the Premium side of the site.
Thinking about it
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
I agree
dogplasma
Since you broached the subject of premium, I'll ask this question: I tried IPS premium for a few weeks last year during a promotion. Although I don't follow recruiting extremely closely, recruiting info is a primary reason I visit IPS and PackPride. My (clearly limited) experience was that there was as much, if not more, recruiting info available on the free side of the IPS house as compared to premium. Is it different now? Was that just a matter of bad timing on my part? The articles and features in premium were good, but honestly, I was hoping for more of an insider perspective. If things have changed or if I just had bad luck, I may try it again. Overall, the site looks great and I know that the people who run it are knowledgeable and connected.
Glasswolf
Just remember that you get nothing from what is said in chat....I can read who we've offered on twitter. I get the real where do we stand on premium and chat
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

wolfpackfan00
nryanh94
Greg Gantt is quickly picking up high major offers. OK State, Florida, Cincinnati among others
RDUwolfpack
dogplasma said:

Since you broached the subject of premium, I'll ask this question: I tried IPS premium for a few weeks last year during a promotion. Although I don't follow recruiting extremely closely, recruiting info is a primary reason I visit IPS and PackPride. My (clearly limited) experience was that there was as much, if not more, recruiting info available on the free side of the IPS house as compared to premium. Is it different now? Was that just a matter of bad timing on my part? The articles and features in premium were good, but honestly, I was hoping for more of an insider perspective. If things have changed or if I just had bad luck, I may try it again. Overall, the site looks great and I know that the people who run it are knowledgeable and connected.
i had the same question
Reevo1

"It went [well]," Simons' father Charles told ZAGSBLOG by text. "Great environment, great style of play, great coach!"

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/02/12/anfernee-simons-enjoys-n-c-state-visit-no-trips-currently-scheduled/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=anfernee-simons-enjoys-n-c-state-visit-no-trips-currently-scheduled

I'd suggest Anfernee Simons is going to NC State or the NBA. One of those two.
WolfpackSI
What the heck happened to Charles O'Bannon Jr?

Dude barely plays at USC.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Reevo1 said:

"It went [well]," Simons' father Charles told ZAGSBLOG by text. "Great environment, great style of play, great coach!"

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/02/12/anfernee-simons-enjoys-n-c-state-visit-no-trips-currently-scheduled/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=anfernee-simons-enjoys-n-c-state-visit-no-trips-currently-scheduled

lotta buzz to back you up on that suggestion
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Reevo1 said:

lotta buzz to back you up on that suggestion

Such a tease
WOLFDAC
Either way...if he comes to Raleigh it would most likely be just for one year...I have heard only good things and as stated above...the Dad really likes Coach Keatts
Bell Tower Grey
WOLFDAC said:

Either way...if he comes to Raleigh it would most likely be just for one year...I have heard only good things and as stated above...the Dad really likes Coach Keatts
I'd rather have him hear for a year than not at all, especially with a coaching staff now that can get the most out of both him and the team around him. Win / win.
Dunlow66
Bell Tower Grey said:

WOLFDAC said:

I'd rather have him hear for a year than not at all, especially with a coaching staff now that can get the most out of both him and the team around him. Win / win.
and he would help fill a definite need.......great 'shooter'
WolfpackSI
WOLFDAC said:

Thats good to hear.

If we are up against Tennessee then I like our chances. Barnes is a good recruiter but I think Keatts is better and would be able to close the deal there. If Kentucky gets involved then I am pretty worried. Cal has a way of sticking it to us.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Bell Tower Grey said:

WOLFDAC said:

and he would help fill a definite need.......great 'shooter'
Bev/Simon are gonna light it up from 3
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
The only concern I have is I keep seeing that they have told him he would play the 1. What does that mean for Markell
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

The only concern I have is I keep seeing that they have told him he would play the 1. What does that mean for Markell
I think you would see lineups with both....Simons is a much better shooter, so I could see him playing somewhat of a secondary PG in that lineup(much like Beverly does now).

of course there is also the possibility that Markell decides to go overseas or to the Gleague. I am still not sure how solid he is for next season, JMO.
PackFansXL
dogplasma said:

dp, have you noticed any posts by gravis on the free forums? I'm not being an arse, I don't spend as much time over here as I did before going Premium. He definitely posts stuff on the pay side. You do get a fairly active dunlow on the free side though.

Generally, there is much more discussion with better content in the pay forums. The IPS team is providing lots of great content as well. Chat is also an interesting addition to the pay side.

I was just trying to encourage some of the active posters I've seen on IPS and PP to give it a try.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

of course there is also the possibility that Markell decides to go overseas or to the Gleague. I am still not sure how solid he is for next season, JMO.
Well that is unfortunate
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RIPHarrelsonHall
Why did you put quotes on shooter. Is he not a good shooter?
Dunlow66
RIPHarrelsonHall said:

Why did you put quotes on shooter. Is he not a good shooter?
great shooter....he sees himself as more of a PG where I see him as more of a collegiate SG/CG if he is only going to play one season
IseWolf22
Bell Tower Grey said:

WOLFDAC said:

I definitely would prefer that he is able to hear than not
NatePait94
If by some magical force he decides to come here, I hope he works hard on both ends. Would hate for Keatts to have to bench him...
dogplasma
PackFansXL said:

dp, have you noticed any posts by gravis on the free forums? I'm not being an arse, I don't spend as much time over here as I did before going Premium. He definitely posts stuff on the pay side. You do get a fairly active dunlow on the free side though.

Generally, there is much more discussion with better content in the pay forums. The IPS team is providing lots of great content as well. Chat is also an interesting addition to the pay side.

I was just trying to encourage some of the active posters I've seen on IPS and PP to give it a try.
Thanks for the feedback. I may try it again. It was just that, many times during my short time on premium, I'd find myself back on the free board looking for news updates. It could well have been because of the time of year and where we were in the recruiting cycle.
IseWolf22
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Well that is unfortunate
Is that purely your opinion Dunlow or is there a little bit of smoke here that we should be worried about?
Dunlow66
Andrew Slater @Andrew__Slater 8m8 minutes ago
More

#Clemson is coming in for 2019 Trey McGowens @Trey5mac_ tonight. #Tigers
EthanBarry
Staff
IseWolf22 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Well that is unfortunate
Is that purely your opinion Dunlow or is there a little bit of smoke here that we should be worried about?
Don't want to speak for Dunlow but "JMO" means "Just My Opinion" so probably not based on smoke. As for Markell, I think there will always be concern with his grades or wanting to be closer to home. Not to get the thread off subject but if Gott was still here I don't think Markell would be. I don't know that and it's obviously a moot point. I'm thrilled that he's still here and think he is on his way to being an all-ACC first teamer as soon as next year
TheWhiteWolf
If we were to take a graduate transfer this off season I vote Cacock he's leading the nation in RPG
wolverinepack20
I do think we need to work on rebounding, we've been consistently out rebounded this season. That's why playing teams like unc drives me nuts... can't give them 2-3 chances/possession to score because you'll never be able to keep up with their points scored.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.