Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,084 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glasswolf said:

wolverinepack20 said:

NatePait94 said:

He is the first big man that UNC has offered for that class.
If August 16th is a wrist slap for unc as I expect it to be ... this recruitment will be over soon.
that's when the COI meets with unccheat. Won't find any thing out for 30 - 60 days

In other words, his recruitment will not be hindered by whatever happens August 16th.

In other thoughts...
I see how Bacot reacted to the UNC offer on twitter, and I go, wow he really likes them.

I really wish that he had a twitter account when we offered so that I could see his reaction to our offer.
But seeing as his coach openly replied that he wants his player to commit ASAP to UNCheat, it is truly disheartening.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Anyone have updates/news on Isaac Okoro? NC State offer out of Georgia. 6 foot 5 in Shooting Guard. 4 star class of 2019.
Big wing who is a stud defender. Really high motor. Very athletic. Could be an All ACC defender in the future. Good at finishing on the break. Will dunk on opponents but also has that nice soft touch that gets the roll on layups. Very good at using the backboard and rim to avoid shot blockers. Good student.

UVA also just offered him.
Dunlow66
wolverinepack20 said:

NatePait94 said:

If August 16th is a wrist slap for unc as I expect it to be ... this recruitment will be over soon.
why do you say that?
Glasswolf
Dunlow66 said:

wolverinepack20 said:

NatePait94 said:

why do you say that?
Everyone seems to think that's when unc-cheat gets their sanctions. We won't know any sanctions till January most likely
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

wolverinepack20
Dunlow66 said:

wolverinepack20 said:

NatePait94 said:

why do you say that?
Got a kid star struck with unc-ch and they are prioritizing him along with his AAU coach pushing him in that direction. Just got a feeling.

Glass - thanks for the clarification. We all know they'e going to get away with a wrist slap so the longer the black cloud of uncertainty remains... the better for us. Heck, NCAA can wait until next July to determine sanctions if they want...
Dunlow66
wolverinepack20 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolverinepack20 said:

NatePait94 said:

why do you say that?
Got a kid star struck with unc-ch and they are prioritizing him along with his AAU coach pushing him in that direction. Just got a feeling.

Glass - thanks for the clarification. We all know they'e going to get away with a wrist slap so the longer the black cloud of uncertainty remains... the better for us. Heck, NCAA can wait until next July to determine sanctions if they want...
I am not so sure he is star struck by UNC. Maybe so, but I have heard that before, then kids go elsewhere. Didnt used to happen very often, but now it does every year with the Heels. Not trying to down their recruiting either, just paying attention to their recent misses.
pack1502
Any Simi <ww><ww><ww>****tu</ww></ww></ww> update? Any chance of landing him or nah
Dunlow66
pack1502 said:

Any Simi <ww><ww><ww>****tu</ww></ww></ww> update? Any chance of landing him or nah
Great name, talented kid but I dont see him playing for us.
Glasswolf
wolverinepack20 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolverinepack20 said:

NatePait94 said:

why do you say that?

They aren't getting just a wrist slap nor are they going to get nuked backed to the stone age. They will get sanctions and I believe at least one banner will come down
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Dunlow66
Baby Ice

Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 6m6 minutes ago
More
6'3 2018 Madison Monroe (Southlake Christian (NC) / PSB Select) has now been offered by Army

NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

Baby Ice

Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 6m6 minutes ago
More
6'3 2018 Madison Monroe (Southlake Christian (NC) / PSB Select) has now been offered by Army

He favors OJ Simpson to me...
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
NatePait94
^^^ Peep the wolfpack signs
MikeQuick22
Really nice job on the updates, gentlemen. Thanks Dun, Glass, Nate, and others.
NatePait94
Keyontae Johnson with the move to Oak Hill. This guy is piling on offers, nothing big yet.
WolfpackSI
What is CKK's relationship with Stan Smith? It would be nice to have a pipeline from Oak Hill...though Gott didn't have much success from kids that transferred there.
Bulldogwolf27
Steve smith and Keatts are friends. However, let's be honest aau coaches have more control over most decisions for recruits.

Draft express, started to predict draft status for future drafts listing high school players aau teams and not their high schools. So that says it all
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Steve smith and Keatts are friends. However, let's be honest aau coaches have more control over most decisions for recruits.

Draft express, started to predict draft status for future drafts listing high school players aau teams and not their high schools. So that says it all
Smith is very good about getting his players on 'visits'. Some HSprep coaches favor certain schools, but Smith usually stays out of that part and supports the kids the best he can. I still think a MAJOR influence in Bam going to UK was his HS coach at HPC
Dunlow66
Stilll hearing 'Mccormack to Duke' is not set in stone, matter of fact, I am beginning to think he is looking elsewhere and we have what he really wants, Immediate PT. Not saying we lead yet, just that Duke isnt as secure as some thought they were.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
"Since they are losing all their post players this year, they want me to start from day one and have an impact from the start."

Manny Bates in a recent article from Julius Kim

Bates talks top 7

Wolfblood
Dunlow66 said:

Stilll hearing 'Mccormack to Duke' is not set in stone, matter of fact, I am beginning to think he is looking elsewhere and we have what he really wants, Immediate PT. Not saying we lead yet, just that Duke isnt as secure as some thought they were.
That is great to hear Dunlow. I've been hoping for a class of Hamilton, McCormack, Bates, Lewis or another combo guard or wing forward if Lewis can't get healthy.

That would be a fantastic front court haul and a great foundation for Coach and the staff.

Dunlow, what do you think the scouts and gurus think Hamilton lacks to be so low in many ranking services? Well, relatively low. Not top 40 in most. This kid looks like a potential star to me.

Great to be on the new site. Excellent job by James and everyone that is contributing.
Dunlow66
Wolfblood said:

Dunlow66 said:

That is great to hear Dunlow. I've been hoping for a class of Hamilton, McCormack, Bates, Lewis or another combo guard or wing forward if Lewis can't get healthy.

That would be a fantastic front court haul and a great foundation for Coach and the staff.

Dunlow, what do you think the scouts and gurus think Hamilton lacks to be so low in many ranking services? Well, relatively low. Not top 40 in most. This kid looks like a potential star to me.

Great to be on the new site. Excellent job by James and everyone that is contributing.
I think Hamilton needs motivation and consistentcy. If he buys into Coach Keatts system and conditioning program, he could be a stud. He could also take a little longer to develop than a legit top 25 guy. JMO. I could see him struggle just a bit as a frosh, then come on strong as a soph if he commits to us.
Bulldogwolf27

Dort cut us from his list. Too many guards for the Canadian.
Dunlow66
I dont think we have any shot at top prospect Zion Williamson from South Carolina, but dont be surprised to see Kansas make a move here with Williamson and former Pack target Devin Dotson going West together.

Clemson wont get him with their current staff in place, but they could have a real chance if they make a change at the top of the program.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

I dont think we have any shot at top prospect Zion Williamson from South Carolina, but dont be surprised to see Kansas make a move here with Williamson and former Pack target Devin Dotson going West together.

Clemson wont get him with their current staff in place, but they could have a real chance if they make a change at the top of the program.

Dotson and Zion make a whole lot of sense. After watching him with zion's sc supreme aau team. They played amazing together.
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
Sorry if this offends anyone, but if you have a top 32......who cares?

Release your top 5 or top 7
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

[url=https://twitter.com/wkuheraldsports]WKU Herald Sports [/url]

@wkuheraldsports
Five-star recruit Mitchell Robinson is no longer on #WKU's campus. He left as soon as yesterday, a source told the Herald.

This is the kid that followed former UNC player Shammond Williams to WKU. Williams resigned a few weeks ago from that position. So a five star recruit is back on the market.

Mitchell has officially been granted a release. Firmly on the market now.
Visiting Kansas and LSU. You can say what you want about the guy, but that new head coach at LSU has impressed me with his ability to recruit. That program will get a TON of talent and I think they can challange Kentucky in a year or two...just look at what Frank Martin did with South Carolina. LSU is going to be loaded in two years. Bet!
Dunlow66
Aslo dont think we have that much of a shot with the 2018 guard who recently decommitted from Ohio State. Justin Ahrens has gotten some heat in other places with NCSU. I dont think he leaves the Midwest. We are out
dogplasma
Dunlow66 said:

Sorry if this offends anyone, but if you have a top 32......who cares?

Release your top 5 or top 7

This is along the same lines as the "soft verbal".
Dunlow66
Team Loaded AAU @teamloadedaau 10m10 minutes ago
More

6'10 Armando Bacot has picked up An offer from Duke
Bulldogwolf27
Wade has been killing it on the recruiting trail. Happy with coach keatts. But wade is gonna be a great coach in the sec.
ClePack
So Dun, we're looking good for Bates and Hamilton I see.

Who is the guard we should be keeping a close eye on? Has one guard separated from the pack in terms of favoring NCSU or the coaching staff began to focus more on? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

Thanks
NatePait94
Jaywolf27 said:

Wade has been killing it on the recruiting trail. Happy with coach keatts. But wade is gonna be a great coach in the sec.

Couldnt convince Lavar Batts to follow him. Meanwhile Keatts gets Batts to come and Bryce to follow.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.