Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,158 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NatePait94 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Wade has been killing it on the recruiting trail. Happy with coach keatts. But wade is gonna be a great coach in the sec.

Couldnt convince Lavar Batts to follow him. Meanwhile Keatts gets Batts to come and Bryce to follow.
He did get Kiir to follow from VCU to LSU, and pulled Tremont Waters(5 star PG) and has Javonte Smart(another 5star PG) committeed for next year.

I also expect 5 star big man Nazeron Reid(2018) to commit to LSU(as of right now)
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

So Dun, we're looking good for Bates and Hamilton I see.

Who is the guard we should be keeping a close eye on? Has one guard separated from the pack in terms of favoring NCSU or the coaching staff began to focus more on? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

Thanks

We are currently loaded at PG(MJ, Batts, Beverly, commit Jamie Lewis) and have Devon Daniels and CJ Bryce coming in at SG/SF next year as transfers. I imagine we will play a lot of 'three guard' sets, but unless we lose a body or two, we have nice depth at both guard positions.

I think that could block most kids from picking State...at least the ones we are currently involved with at PG/SG. I wouldnt be surprised to see us take another transfer at the SG/SF spot. Someone who has proven themselves, but wants a bigger stage like the ACC.

Dunlow66

'
The Transformation of David McCormack. 'Top left' is his current pic.
Dunlow66
2020 may seem off in the distance, but this kid from Norfolk is gonna be a STUD!

6'10-6'11ish Mark Williams may just be my next new kid to watch during the regular season

Plays AAU with Team Loaded. This young man is a definite candidate to play some 'Stretch 4'. Blocks shots and has a good stroke. Runs like a deer, soft hands, quick leaper, great attitude. Plays for Norfolk Academy(where David McCormack drew national attention). Rebounding attitude is there. Works the glass on the defensive end better than many older players and can defend on the wing if needed. High BBall IQ. Future 5 star recruit, IMO

His sister plays in the WNBA
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

So Dun, we're looking good for Bates and Hamilton I see.

Who is the guard we should be keeping a close eye on? Has one guard separated from the pack in terms of favoring NCSU or the coaching staff began to focus more on? Forgive me if this has already been answered.

Thanks

We are currently loaded at PG(MJ, Batts, Beverly, commit Jamie Lewis) and have Devon Daniels and CJ Bryce coming in at SG/SF next year as transfers. I imagine we will play a lot of 'three guard' sets, but unless we lose a body or two, we have nice depth at both guard positions.

I think that could block most kids from picking State...at least the ones we are currently involved with at PG/SG. I wouldnt be surprised to see us take another transfer at the SG/SF spot. Someone who has proven themselves, but wants a bigger stage like the ACC.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

'

He even lost a couple pounds in the face!
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
wolfpackfan00

Ayo Dosunmu
Bulldogwolf27
:large
Did not make the cut for little: a lot of people think he is unc bound
ClePack
Jaywolf27 said:

some people also think UA. My guess is sanctions will play a large part in this
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Duke just offered and makes the top 5. If they want him, I think the Dukies can get him.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Duke just offered and makes the top 5. If they want him, I think the Dukies can get him.
That makes sense, too. There are rumors that UNC is his dream school, but Zona has been working hard for a while. K will be hard to beat if they get him on campus, though.
Dunlow66
Still getting a lot of rumors about Mccormack maybe not finding the right fit at two schools considered favorites - Duke and UVA. Interesting as I thought those two(along with OK State) could be the teams to beat.
Dunlow66
Anyone concerned about the potential of Mccormack and Bates playing together shouldnt be, IMO. Our system willl be so 'up tempo' that both will probably get all the time they can handle.
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

Anyone concerned about the potential of Mccormack and Bates playing together shouldnt be, IMO. Our system willl be so 'up tempo' that both will probably get all the time they can handle.
I would love both. But are we pursuing any other bigs besides McCormack, Bates, and Hamilton? We lose all the big guys except Hicks (and I haven't seen Keatts mention Hicks in pressers and he hasn't played in Italy)
Dunlow66
IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I would love both. But are we pursuing any other bigs besides McCormack, Bates, and Hamilton? We lose all the big guys except Hicks (and I haven't seen Keatts mention Hicks in pressers and he hasn't played in Italy)
We are pursuing a few that I think end up elsewhere. A few things to remember

Keatts loves small ball, so not as many traditional 'bigs' may be needed
Do you really want to bring in 3 freshmen at the C/PF position in the same class?
Maybe a grad transfer or JUCO could pop up a bit later in the recruiting cycle.
Expect other targets to emerge from the HS ranks
Dunlow66
Not NC State related.....but I do remember some flirtation with the idea of us hiring Martin. Now he has another Porter brother for this year instead of '18

MakePlayz @MakePlayz_com 2m2 minutes ago
More
MakePlayz Retweeted Houston Wilson
Missouri adds Jontay Porter into their 2017 recruiting class
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Do you really want to bring in 3 freshmen at the C/PF position in the same class?
This is a good point. Keatts seems like a big believer in filling holes with grad transfers. I expect him to bring atleast 2 for 18.
IseWolf22
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

This is a good point. Keatts seems like a big believer in filling holes with grad transfers. I expect him to bring atleast 2 for 18.
Yeah, that makes sense Dunlow, especially the Grad Transfer. We should be an attractive landing spot next year
1985 NCSU Grad
Dunlow66 said:

Not NC State related.....but I do remember some flirtation with the idea of us hiring Martin. Now he has another Porter brother for this year instead of '18

More
The problem has never been that Martin could not recruit...his problem is coaching....he is a mediocre coach at best.
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

'

Reminds me of how much Lorenzo Charles changed.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Dunlow66 said:

More
The problem has never been that Martin could not recruit...his problem is coaching....he is a mediocre coach at best.
I was against Martin being considered for our job. I am not beating his drum, just updating his efforts. Still, hiring Porter Sr and getting the brothers for this year is a bit of a coup in the recruiting world.
wolfpackfan00
Updated 2018 recruit rankings: http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Basketball/ScoutRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Some NCSU targets:
Ago Dosunmu: 28
McCormack: 50
Jairus Hamilton: 69
Jericole Hellems: 89
Saddiq Bey: 97
Immanuel Bates: 127
Jamie Lewis (commit): 220
Bulldogwolf27
wolfpackfan00 said:

Updated 2018 recruit rankings: http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Basketball/ScoutRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

Some NCSU targets:
Ago Dosunmu: 28
McCormack: 50
Jairus Hamilton: 69
Jericole Hellems: 89
Saddiq Bey: 97
Immanuel Bates: 127
Jamie Lewis (commit): 220

That's a serious drop for Lewis. Out of site out of mind. From solid 4 star to bolderline 3 star recruit . Yikes
Ramblinwolf
Are we still in it for Shi ttu?
Dunlow66
Ramblinwolf said:

not really much of a buzz for us on this one.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Ramblinwolf said:

not really much of a buzz for us on this one.

Just saw where he listed a group of 7 that was recruiting him the hardest. We were not listed.

But he wants to be a one and done player and 2k may not want to go that route so early in his tenure.
WolfpackSI
Yikes! Why the big drop with Jamie Lewis?
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Yikes! Why the big drop with Jamie Lewis?
You cant keep a rating forever without suiting up and showing you still have it. Nagging injuries, especially a strained groin, have kept Lewis from displaying any growth to his game. He was given the benefit of the doubt for a while, that time is up.
wolfpackfan00
Saddiq Bey final 6:
Miami
Northwestern
Xavier
Pittsburgh
NC State
Princeton
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Saddiq Bey final 6:
Miami
Northwestern
Xavier
Pittsburgh
NC State
Princeton

Intesting list. Notre Dame dropped after being considered one of the leaders. Also no Georgetown. This one could get interesting if we get an OV

Long and athletic. Could excel in Coach Keatts system by playing the passing lanes and running the court in transition. Decent rebounder for a wing who is still growing into his frame. Fast rising prospect who improved his stock on the summer AAU circuit.
Dunlow66
Jeff GoodmanVerified account
@GoodmanESPN
Follow
More
Marvin Bagley III will announce college decision tomorrow night on the 11 pm. @SportsCenter. Where will he go -- and will he reclassify?

Duke or USC. I have long thought he wouldnt play for Duke. Still think he goes elsewhere, which looks like USC Nothing for sure, JMO.
NatePait94
Tre Jones makes it official that he is joining Duke.
This may have some implications on Bagley making his decision tomorrow... or not.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Sierrawolf
Does anyone know anything about 2020 Lawrence Frost from Athens Drive?

I saw him some last year and the kid plays some tough-as-nails defense. He seemed to be a Keatts type player.
NatePait94
Here is my shot in the dark...

Bagley announces early in a bid to cement the 2017 reclassification bid...
Commits to Duke as the headline big man, they go to at least the Final Four and then he is off to the NBA. It would be his perfect scenario and I believe that is what he wants.
NatePait94
Sierrawolf said:

Does anyone know anything about 2020 Lawrence Frost from Athens Drive?

I saw him some last year and the kid plays some tough-as-nails defense. He seemed to be a Keatts type player.

At 6 foot, 175 lbs in the 2020 class. He already has a great build. His highlight reels are good, but he has some time to make them better. He could be directly in our crosshairs if he can nail tre's at 40%
First Page Last Page
Page 6 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.