Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,710 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
wolfpackfan00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
NC State is not in Simi Shi ttu's top 10
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66 said:

Jeff GoodmanVerified account
@GoodmanESPN
Follow
More
Marvin Bagley III will announce college decision tomorrow night on the 11 pm. @SportsCenter. Where will he go -- and will he reclassify?

Duke or USC. I have long thought he wouldnt play for Duke. Still think he goes elsewhere, which looks like USC Nothing for sure, JMO.

UCLA also in the running as well. Just finished his OV there
Dunlow66
Little bit of an update on David Mccormack

He went on an unofficial visit to Georgetown last week and will be heading to Kansas next week for another unofficial visit.
Dunlow66
Zachary Lyon @F150Zach 20h20 hours ago
More

After a huge weekend at the #SummitCamp, Virginia Tech has offered 2020 PG Jalen Cone of Team Loaded NC, he tells me.

Definitely one to watch. This kid could be an NBA player. He is that good. Size it the concern, but with the way the game is being played now, smaller PGs can make a bigger impact than they used to
wolfpackfan00
Marvin Bagley heading to Duke this year in 2017 Class.
NatePait94
NatePait94 said:

Here is my shot in the dark...

Bagley announces early in a bid to cement the 2017 reclassification bid...
Commits to Duke as the headline big man, they go to at least the Final Four and then he is off to the NBA. It would be his perfect scenario and I believe that is what he wants.

MB3 Has chosen Duke
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
1985 NCSU Grad
It was Duke. He was intrigued from the get go....Coach K's USA basketball experiences helped with this one and was a major reason to go to Duke.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

It was Duke. He was intrigued from the get go....Coach K's USA basketball experiences helped with this one and was a major reason to go to Duke.

I think he got a major push from behind the scenes to go to Duke. At one point, I expected U$C to get him for the obvious reason. He chose long term 'potential' money over the sure thing. Smart move, worked out for some guys...then you have those like Okafor who went 'one and done' with Coach K and still looks lost in the NBA, Jeter also comes to mind as a recent failed 'big' at Duke who thought he was NBA bound.

Bagley was always going to be 'one and done'...or 'none and done'. This has very little to do with anything other than positioning himnself for the draft, IMO, and Coach K can deliver on that. He will be a pro, he will be a top 5 pick, now that he has chosen Duke.
NatePait94
Check out @AdamZagoria's Tweet:
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
ScoobyWolf
Verbal Commits @VerbalCommits 1h1 hour ago

2018 Oak Hill (VA) G Keyontae Johnson has received an offer from NC State. @keyontaejohnso1 http://verbalcommits.com/players/keyontae-johnson

Dunlow66
ScoobyWolf said:

Verbal Commits @VerbalCommits 1h1 hour ago

2018 Oak Hill (VA) G Keyontae Johnson has received an offer from NC State. @keyontaejohnso1 http://verbalcommits.com/players/keyontae-johnson

Also plays AAU ball for Boo Williams(Cat Barber and Dez Lee are alums). From Norfolk Va

Tough, strong SG/SF hybrid. Well muscled and knows how to use it. Looks a lot better on offense as a SF right now. Getting to the rim is his strength Nice little mid range game with a soft touch. Can finish anything on the break with explosiveness to the rim. Solid with the ball in his hands and his man in front of him, but needs some work on his overall ballhandling skills. Can get his own shot. Defends multipel posiitions on the wing. Doesnt faciitate much offense for others and his outside shot is not quote there yet, but he has potential.

Top 75-100 type of kid. I dont think anyone has really made a move as the favorite here. We could have a good shot.
Dunlow66
I'd like to thank all you guys for keeping this thread the most viewed on the site. Please keep those recruiting questions coming. Hendu is working on some subscriber stuff for BBall soon, but until then, I will continue to keep you guys as 'up to date' as possible.

Also like to thank the other posters for keeping some of the twitter info updated. I have a couple of other business interest right now that take up part of my time and any help is greatly appreciated.
Bulldogwolf27
Dun,

Did Johnson play with boo Williams in vegas July session? I didn't remember see him when they played team charlotte in the finals. I remember Keldon and a 2019 wing from New York that really popped in the championship game.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Dun,

Did Johnson play with boo Williams in vegas July session? I didn't remember see him when they played team charlotte in the finals. I remember Keldon and a 2019 wing from New York that really popped in the championship game.
I dont think he played with them in July, but he has been with that AAU program for years.

Johnson is a really, really good defender. I think that would be his greatest asset to our team if he runs with the Pack.
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

I'd like to thank all you guys for keeping this thread the most viewed on the site. Please keep those recruiting questions coming. Hendu is working on some subscriber stuff for BBall soon, but until then, I will continue to keep you guys as 'up to date' as possible.

Also like to thank the other posters for keeping some of the twitter info updated. I have a couple of other business interest right now that take up part of my time and any help is greatly appreciated.

#WhyNot
ScoobyWolf
Basketball Society @BBallSociety_ 2h2 hours ago

6'7 2019 Josh Hall of Oak Hill (VA) will be on the NC State campus for an unofficial visit today

ScoobyWolf
Dan McDonald @DMcDonaldRivals 3h3 hours ago

NC State will have 4-star SF Landers Nolley on campus next weekend.
0 replies 2 retweets 2 likes

wufpack7
It feels like a lot of 6'7" SF's have been receiving interest from us the last couple of weeks. Are we recruiting some of these guys to play stretch 4?
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

It feels like a lot of 6'7" SF's have been receiving interest from us the last couple of weeks. Are we recruiting some of these guys to play stretch 4?
IMO, definitely
Dunlow66
ScoobyWolf said:

Dan McDonald @DMcDonaldRivals 3h3 hours ago

NC State will have 4-star SF Landers Nolley on campus next weekend.
0 replies 2 retweets 2 likes

Another SG/SF. Has an OV to Va Tech coming up and one to UConn in Sept. Think Georgetown also has him scheduled for an OV. Another kid from Team Loaded
Kind of a late bloomer who has stepped up his game this summer. Lot of late offers from HM programs. Elite potential as a shooter, especially when he is open and set up to shoot. Not really much of a threat off the dribble right now and lacking the size/strenght to contribute much on the boards.

Will likely be an early commit, so we will have to move fast. Dont think he has been extended an offer yet. Va Tech could be tough on this one.
Dunlow66

Landers Nolley Slotting in at #53, Nolley rose 49 spots after a strong July with Team Loaded NC. Nolley's game is built around his elite and versatile shooting ability. Whether in transition, off the catch or pull-ups, the small forward knocks down shots effortlessly. The rangy wing has grab and go ability and is capable finding wings and shooters in transition for buckets. With a premium on shooting and size, the coaching staff that lands Landers is getting a capable and efficient scoring machine.

http://endlessmotor.net/2017/08/16/risers/
Bulldogwolf27
This may not count as reporting news, but Omer was cut today from Turkish national team. Hopefully he'll be on campus next week!
Bulldogwolf27
http://www.sportando.com/m/en/national-teams/national-teams/244440/turkey-cuts-omer-yurtseven-and-tolga-gecim-14-players-left-in-the-roster.html
Dunlow66
I think we also have a thread somewhere for the '17-18 team news.
Dunlow66
Some smoke out there that NC State may have a decent shot at landing '18 5 star wing Keldon Johnson. If that happens,I will be super excited. I love this kid's game and have been on his bandwagon for months. Legit STAR if he plays for Keatts, IMO, Johnson has All ACC potential.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Some smoke out there that NC State may have a decent shot at landing '18 5 star wing Keldon Johnson. If that happens,I will be super excited. I love this kid's game and have been on his bandwagon for months. Legit STAR if he plays for Keatts, IMO, Johnson has All ACC potential.
Let's get him on campus
jbwbubba
Dunlow66 said:

Start pulling in five star kids would be huge kick off for Keatts era.
Dunlow66
Welshy PariSaban @OneFo_BeLo 10h10 hours ago
More

@PaulBiancardi IHear Keldon Johnson has been spectacular as well #NikeBasketballAcademy !!!
Dunlow66
Paul BiancardiVerified account @PaulBiancardi 9h9 hours ago
More
Espn no.14 Keldon Johnson having a strong #NikeBasketballAcademy. Making buckets & making plays.
howlie
wolfpackfan00 said:

Well, s#!+.
Dunlow66
howlie said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Well, s#!+.
Never really in this one. Kid is talented and will likely end up somewhere like Kentucky. Oregon had some momentum at one time and could still get him. This is the type of player that Cal always seems to land if he really wants them.
nryanh94
Don't know if it's been posted but Jalen Cone has been hanging out with DSJ recently
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Don't know if it's been posted but Jalen Cone has been hanging out with DSJ recently
That is one of the reasons I have been paying close attention to Cone. You guys need to watch this kid. He is a legit ACC PG despite the size issue, IMO.
Dunlow66
He has a very explosive first step that allows him to get to the rim on command, and has a silky-smooth mid-range jumper that can kill opposing defenders who try to lay off him a little bit in order to avoid him driving past them.

Not only can he score, but Cone has some of the best court vision out of all the prospects in the 2020 class. If the defense is being lazy and laying off someone a few possesions in a row, or he sees someone allowing their man to beat them down the court constantly, he takes mental notes of that and makes the defense pay all while racking up numbers in the assists stat column.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-news/acc-schools-tracking-jalen-cone
Dunlow66
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.