Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,231,369 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Statefan62 said:

Hi guys ....new to the site but have been big state fan since 73 David Thompson days when I was about 10 years old....Love the great recruiting info that is provided here......I also like the team this upcoming year....RDU who is the Kel player your referring to? Thanks

Markell Johnson
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
Kels=Markell Johnson
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Statefan62
Thanks man...your right he is a big loss but hopefully the young guys we have coming in will pick up the slack
WolfpackSI
Seabron will be the key to replacing Kel's impact. Not because he will run the point but because we need someone that can get the hole at will.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8

I'm starting to like cam more and more. I think he will he ready from day 1. It helps that he's had some great coaching in hs but from this video shows the ability to work off screens and create his own shot. He doesn't look like he attacks the rim much but Daniels and seabron seem to do pretty well at that
duran_duran
RDUwolfpack said:

WolfpackSI said:

Ok then I just missed it completely.

Regardless, I am happy with our current roster. To me, looks like a similar team to KK's first Year. Scrappy team that will tire out teams and win some big games. We will have more star power with DD and DJ and much more depth.

I predict we will miss Kel a lot more than what has been alluded to here.
I don't know, he was great as a Junior but wildly inconsistent last year. Depending on the game he could be either or best or worst player.
braz213
Watching Cam and seeing he looks amphibious. Seriously though, he looks comfortable going left or right. He shoots right handed but I saw him dunk, lay up, and go to the hoop with his left.
Packfan8

Keatts just stayi prepared in case something unexpected happens. 6'7" wing avg 10 ppg and 5 rpg this past year
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Keatts just stayi prepared in case something unexpected happens. 6'7" wing avg 10 ppg and 5 rpg this past year

Interesting but its also a loooong list so I wouldn't expect him to commit to us.

Also would kinda be nice to stick it to Archie lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
Is DJ coming back? What are the scenarios at this moment. He is my favorite player coming back next year bc I love a big man with his skill-set. His footwork for his size is AMAZING.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Is DJ coming back? What are the scenarios at this moment. He is my favorite player coming back next year bc I love a big man with his skill-set. His footwork for his size is AMAZING.
Most recent rumors have DJ likely to return but nothing is a guarantee
Statefan62
Yes DJ and Bates are two really impressive big men.
PackDaddy
I'd like to stick it to his wife.
dogplasma
This is the tallest front court I can remember us having in a very long time. That should play well with KK's style of defense, right? (Try to deny the three point line at the expense of penetration.) It will be interesting, and hopefully fun, to watch our guard play develop as the season goes on. The season that I hope we have.
Packfan8
Packfan8
Dunlow66
D'Marco
@dmarcodunn

Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Arizona

Kid is now a National Recruit and I would think the Arizona offer may be one he wanted as much as UNC. Maybe the staff saw how this one would play out and decided to focus on other targets.
Wolfblood
Any rumblings or rumors on possible 2021 recruits? What are our chances with Matthew Cleveland?

What other true wing prospects are we recruiting? The small forward spot seems like a huge need with only Daniels and Seabron on the current roster that fit the traditional small forward position.

Can Ernest Ross play small forward in our system? Does he have the skill set of a wing? Can he guard a wing defensively? I really like him as a prospect, just wondering where others see him playing in our system.
nryanh94
Wolfblood said:

Any rumblings or rumors on possible 2021 recruits? What are our chances with Matthew Cleveland?

What other true wing prospects are we recruiting? The small forward spot seems like a huge need with only Daniels and Seabron on the current roster that fit the traditional small forward position.

Can Ernest Ross play small forward in our system? Does he have the skill set of a wing? Can he guard a wing defensively? I really like him as a prospect, just wondering where others see him playing in our system.

Roosevelt Wheeler is not someone that I see going far away from home for college. Kansas is in the mix for Wheeler, one of the best true centers in the 2021 class, but NC State holds my FutureCast for him. Don't count out Louisville, Georgetown, Miami or VCU, either.

From Corey evans
Packfan8

Currently has an offer from Wichita state. A 6'9" pf
Packfan8
Packfan8
WolfpackSI
Any relationship to the Grant family in the nba?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Wywolf
Zagsblog has an update on Lucas Taylor's recruitment. Marquette, Providence, and Xavier involved. Here's the link:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2020/05/26/class-of-2021-guard-lucas-taylor-breaks-down-his-long-list-of-suitors/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=class-of-2021-guard-lucas-taylor-breaks-down-his-long-list-of-suitors
Packfan8

N.C. state fans page took down info about Quincy Allen I'm guessing it was behind a paywall at 247 and that's why
Edit: he added a new post saying basically the same thing without quoting 247
Packfan8
https://247sports.com/college/colorado/Article/Colorado-Buffaloes-basketball-among-programs-most-actively-pursuing-Washington-DC-hoops-prospect-Quincy-Allen-2021-recruiting-147520593/
Also this says that playing time is gonna be a big factor for him. With Daniels/Beverly graduating from the guard positions
wolfpackjb
Packfan8 said:

https://247sports.com/college/colorado/Article/Colorado-Buffaloes-basketball-among-programs-most-actively-pursuing-Washington-DC-hoops-prospect-Quincy-Allen-2021-recruiting-147520593/
Also this says that playing time is gonna be a big factor for him. With Daniels/Beverly graduating from the guard positions
Hmm interesting. I was not aware we were still actively recruiting him. Like his game though!
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Packfan8 said:

Hmm interesting. I was not aware we were still actively recruiting him. Like his game though!
Staff never stopped recruiting Allen.

Could pay off soon.
Dunlow66
Wolfblood said:

Dont think we get Cleveland
Packfan8
I'd love to have Quincy Allen, he's a solid athletic shooter which would fit perfectly in our system.
WolfpackSI
2021 is really shaping up to be a another great class for KK and co. Maybe better than 2020 imo.

Quan Smith, Quincy Allen, Ernest Ross, Roosevelt Wheeler would be a great haul

Any update of Eric Van Der Heijden? I like that kids game and he might be a great piece for us
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

2021 is really shaping up to be a another great class for KK and co. Maybe better than 2020 imo.

Any update of Eric Van Der Heijden? I like that kids game and he might be a great piece for us

Van Der Heijden isn't gonna happen.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Not with Ross, Gibson and Farrar on board....
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Not with Ross, Gibson and Farrar on board....

Right, and Hellems would be a Senior when he comes in. No need to have 5 stretch 4s on the roster at once.
ClePack
I feel allen would provide a lot of what we missed when Bey decommited. That bigger guy who can shoot and rebound
First Page Last Page
Page 300 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.