Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,166 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Andrew4343 said:

How many spots do we have left? I think Ellis and Cleveland should be at the top of our board for guards.
UConnn rumored to be making a move on Ellis.
Dunlow66
OT

But Hinton is an NC kid.

Joseph Duarte
@Joseph_Duarte

17h
BREAKING: Houston guard Nate Hinton will forgo final two seasons and keep name in NBA Draft
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Andrew4343 said:

How many spots do we have left? I think Ellis and Cleveland should be at the top of our board for guards.

Not sure how accurate this is but I've heard Ellis isn't very interested in nc state.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Andrew4343 said:

Not sure how accurate this is but I've heard Ellis isn't very interested in nc state.

I've thought from the beginning that if he was interested, he would've taken a virtual visit with us as well. Thought the excuse if he's go in person when this was all over was a bit off
metcalfmafia
I'm interested in if we will ultimately offer Pettiford for that PG spot in the 21 class. I really enjoy watching him play. Great motor and does it all for his team.
Packfan8
metcalfmafia said:

I'm interested in if we will ultimately offer Pettiford for that PG spot in the 21 class. I really enjoy watching him play. Great motor and does it all for his team.

I think that would be too many primary ball handlers, it looks like keatts is now focused on the wing
nryanh94
metcalfmafia said:

I really like pettiford, and think he's close with most of our commits for 2020 and 21.

Think Dunlow said it's probably to late to jump in for him
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

metcalfmafia said:

I think that would be too many primary ball handlers, it looks like keatts is now focused on the wing
Which I'm good with since Shak and Cam will be sophomores. If that's what he wants, then I like as many shooters as possible.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Which I'm good with since Shak and Cam will be sophomores. If that's what he wants, then I like as many shooters as possible.
Id love to see us pursue Elijah Jamison as a potential Combo Guard in that class. Plays a lot bigger than his listed height of 6'2
Wywolf
Wonder if the staff will pursue Lucas Taylor, 6-5 or 6-6 wing, local kid from Heritage HS. He is moving up the rankings on these sites.

https://phenomhoopreport.com/rankings/2021-north-carolina/

https://www.bigshots.net/NC2021Rankings

Packfan8
Rumors that breon pass will only play basketball in college. I don't think he's a take in that situation with our scholarship situation
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Rumors that breon pass will only play basketball in college. I don't think he's a take in that situation with our scholarship situation
Wow, thought he was supposed to be pretty good at football
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

If I had a choice, I would play BBall in college as well.

Football is so tough on the body.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

Ya but if you're goal is to make big time money then your pre-test probability of going to the NFL is much higher than making it to the NBA.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

Ya but if you're goal is to make big time money then your pre-test probability of going to the NFL is much higher than making it to the NBA.
Honestly, Im not sure Pass is a pro prospect in football.

There are a LOT of paying basketball jobs overseas as well. I would imagine it is actually easier to get paid to play basketball than football.
Dunlow66
Of the 195 countries in the world, over 100 of them have their own basketball leagues or national team, with some teams participating in regional associations like the Euro League. With so many teams dotting the globe, it's no surprise that there are an estimated 70,000+ professional basketball players in the world.

https://jazzteamstore.com/blog/basketball-leagues-around-the-world/
Dunlow66
I think there are around 1700 or 1800 football players getting paid by the NFL each year.
Packfan8

Not sure how this will work without players on campus but Gibson and Farrar will be able to get in the gym soon
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Not sure how this will work without players on campus but Gibson and Farrar will be able to get in the gym soon
Whoa?!?

This certainly doesn't jive with the University of North Carolina having things accessible on campus for players to allow players to be training / working out "informally" for the last +/- MONTH or so.

Either FGDream or Davie made a distinct and definitive statement that this was going on (quote "this is not an internet rumor")... Shortly thereafter, I'm pretty damn sure we even had a ***** or two here that (as normal per the course in this day and age) stated that they thought it was "smart" on their part and that it had always "been allowable" (as if we were idiots for not doing the same?).
ClePack
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Whoa?!?

This certainly doesn't jive with the University of North Carolina having things accessible on campus for players to allow players to be training / working out "informally" for the last +/- MONTH or so.

Either FGDream or Davie made a distinct and definitive statement that this was going on (quote "this is not an internet rumor")... Shortly thereafter, I'm pretty damn sure we even had a ***** or two here that (as normal per the course in this day and age) stated that they thought it was "smart" on their part and that it had always "been allowable" (as if we were idiots for not doing the same?).
Wait... UNC has had athletes on campus for a month?!
TheStorm
ClePack said:

TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Whoa?!?

Wait... UNC has had athletes on campus for a month?!
First of all - I have no idea personally - but there's been some random posts here over the last 3-4 weeks saying that they've been letting football players use the facilities there to "train and workout". None of it really was substantiated though - at least not as far as I could determine from what was posted.

Then late last week, Daviewolf posted about what Wake's situation has been like (IIRC, his son has only even been allowed to enter onto campus there once - and I took it as only recently - for like two hours to attend a meeting about what the initial procedures going forward might look like).

He posted that the Carolina rumor was not an internet rumor, but rather was verified, so I would assume that the Wake staff (or players that know other players - like maybe Surratt as a potential example) had first hand knowledge that this has been going on in Chapel Hill for at least awhile already.

Of course, that's not a lot of information to go on in the big picture... but I certainly have no problem in believing that would be something they would definitely do. Obviously the weight room, but this could easily include their IPF as well. That's why I'm kind of interested in it, you know?

I'm sure that if it gets any real run publicly (which so far, it apparently hasn't) that they will feign ignorance in that they misinterpreted something from one of the NCAA, ACC directives... but I'd still like to know if it happened or not - and if so, to what extent.

I mean it's simple common sense in understanding that this has not been allowable over these last two months.

(and Daviewolf has posted as such again last night on the Premium Football Board "Football Activities to potentially resume June 1" thread on Page 1)
Packfan8

Love the logos
ClePack
Incredibly interesting stuff. Thank you for posting this. Sorry for bogging down the BB recruiting thread, but this is very interesting and definitely not out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't be shocked AT ALL if it has been happening... anything to bend the rules to an advantage for them.
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Love the logos

Most concerned about Memphis and Kansas. Both are recruiting at a high level right now. Maryland and LSU are sneaky picks
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Love the logos

Most concerned about Memphis and Kansas. Both are recruiting at a high level right now. Maryland and LSU are sneaky picks

Memphis has slowed way down. Just 1 3 star commit the last time I checked
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Love the logos
The Strutting Wolf nonetheless?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Love the logos

Memphis has slowed way down. Just 1 3 star commit the last time I checked
They dont have many scholarships open.

Just picked up Landers Nolley as a transfer.
WolfpackSI
When is the NCAA committee voting on the transfer rule? Wasn't that supposed to be in may?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
ClePack
WolfpackSI said:

When is the NCAA committee voting on the transfer rule? Wasn't that supposed to be in may?
It was denied. They will try again next year
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

WolfpackSI said:

Ohhh gotcha, I didnt realize that was the final vote. Thought it was just a recommendation
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8

Local kid getting more and more offers
TheStorm
WolfpackSI said:

ClePack said:

WolfpackSI said:

Ohhh gotcha, I didnt realize that was the final vote. Thought it was just a recommendation
It just happened within the last 2-3 days.
WolfpackSI
Ok then I just missed it completely.

Regardless, I am happy with our current roster. To me, looks like a similar team to KK's first Year. Scrappy team that will tire out teams and win some big games. We will have more star power with DD and DJ and much more depth.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RDUwolfpack
WolfpackSI said:

Ok then I just missed it completely.

Regardless, I am happy with our current roster. To me, looks like a similar team to KK's first Year. Scrappy team that will tire out teams and win some big games. We will have more star power with DD and DJ and much more depth.

I predict we will miss Kel a lot more than what has been alluded to here.
Statefan62
Hi guys ....new to the site but have been big state fan since 73 David Thompson days when I was about 10 years old....Love the great recruiting info that is provided here......I also like the team this upcoming year....RDU who is the Kel player your referring to? Thanks
First Page Last Page
Page 299 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.