Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,230,753 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Wywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New roster up on gopack.com.

https://gopack.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
TheStorm
1 - Dereon Seabron
Packfan8
Let's hope this cloud doesn't affect recruiting too much! Should we just self impose something just to get it over with?
unreal13
Packfan8 said:

Let's hope this cloud doesn't affect recruiting too much! Should we just self impose something just to get it over with?
Absolutely not, the NCAA doesn't care about self imposed sanctions. It's best to fight it.
Law of the Wolf
Gottfried sure left KK and NCSU a mess to deal with. No matter what happens with the NOA, I fear Coach will have a tough time signing a competitive class for 2020. I will certainly give him a pass if this class Is subpar. I hope this is resolved without too much impact on 2021. Clearly, this has been used against us by other schools for 2019 and will used against us in 2020 and perhaps even in 2021 of it lingers. Unfortunately, I suspect Gottfried is guilty. It is just a shame there Is not a level playing field. Arizona, LSU and others don't seem to be getting hurt in recruiting like we are.
Dunlow66
Now maybe we can see why Coach Keatts has had a difficult time on the recruiting trail
Law of the Wolf
Dunlow66 said:

Now maybe we can see why Coach Keatts has had a difficult time on the recruiting trail

No doubt
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Is it actually known if other schools have - previously to yesterday - been using it negatively in recruiting? If so, what schools?

I'll hang up and listen now...
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

Is it actually known if other schools have - previously to yesterday - been using it negatively in recruiting? If so, what schools?

I wont mention the player, but I was given some info on a recruit who had serious concerns over the NCAA/NC State situation thanks to what other coaches were telling him and his mom.

I dont think it matters what schools were doing it,IMO, as much as that it was actually being used against us.

Not talking about Saddiq Bey
TheStorm
It matters to me what schools have been doing it, but if you'd rather not comment then that's fine... no biggie.
WolfpackSI
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

I mean its pretty low hanging fruit. Why would they not tell recruits that? We certainly did when UNC got in trouble. Atleast our football program did.
Dunlow66
Prep Circuit @PrepCircuit 16m16 minutes ago
More

Top-50 2020 forward Henry Coleman (@hencoleman3) coming off his 21 point performance this morning with Team Loaded (VA) in a win @TEAMLOADED17U.
Dunlow66
twentytoe
Very ill.
Da Pack since 75.
TheWhiteWolf
Once Smith adds weight to his frame lookout, love the intensity
Packfan8
Hearing the ips podcast makes me feel a lot more comfortable about where we stand. I feel like it can help recruiting to just say here's what they have on us. It's not like the ncaa is going to give us a postseason ban for giving out too many tickets to family of players. It seems like we're going to dodge the whole gottfried/early mess too which is great if true
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Hearing the ips podcast makes me feel a lot more comfortable about where we stand. I feel like it can help recruiting to just say here's what they have on us. It's not like the ncaa is going to give us a postseason ban for giving out too many tickets to family of players. It seems like we're going to dodge the whole gottfried/early mess too which is great if true
Man I really hope so. I just hope everything gets solved soon because I don't want this hurting our 2020 class like I think it did our 2019 class.
RDUwolfpack
Our biggest concern in all of this should be keeping Keatts IMO. He's the right guy, a good fit. Other programs will want him.
Law of the Wolf

In my opinion, Coach Keatts has gotten way too much criticism on this Board and others for the 2019 recruiting class. Go back 100 pages on here and look at out situation in early Fall 2018. We were anticipating two open spots ( Dorn and Lockett).

Probably our top three targets were Wendell Moore, Patrick Williams and Jalen Lecque. Coach signed one and he went pro. It apparently was close with Moore and we are going to have tough time right now going head to head with Duke. No shame in losing that one.

I doubt we were expecting Ian Steere to leave after one game, Sacha to leave mid year and Wyatt Walker to "turn pro" early. In the midst of that, there is no doubt we were being negatively recruited against by other schools. Coach had only one season under his belt and had hardly had the time to build recruiting relationships necessary to have a lot of options.

As it turns out, Coach has a full roster that includes a pretty good, perhaps underrated freshman, a great Three point shooting grad transfer and a serviceable grad transfer Center. PLus a transfer in Thomas Allen that everyone here wanted two years ago and a JC kid that looks very promising in Atticus Taylor. It isn't an A+ class, but all things considered it is at least a B.

We have a great coach here. I think he will be successful. We need to give him time and support him. He knows what he is doing.
wolf01
Law of the Wolf said:

BYIn my opinion, Coach Keatts has gotten way too much criticism on this Board and others for the 2019 recruiting class. Go back 100 pages on here and look at out situation in early Fall 2018. We were anticipating two open spots ( Dorn and Lockett).

Probably our top three targets were Wendell Moore, Patrick Williams and Jalen Lecque. Coach signed one and he went pro. It apparently was close with Moore and we are going to have tough time right now going head to head with Duke. No shame in losing that one.

I doubt we were expecting Ian Steere to leave after one game, Sacha to leave mid year and Wyatt Walker to "turn pro" early. In the midst of that, there is no doubt we were being negatively recruited against by other schools. Coach had only one season under his belt and had hardly had the time to build recruiting relationships necessary to have a lot of options.

As it turns out, Coach has a full roster that includes a pretty good, perhaps underrated freshman, a great Three point shooting grad transfer and a serviceable grad transfer Center. PLus a transfer in Thomas Allen that everyone here wanted two years ago and a JC kid that looks very promising in Atticus Taylor. It isn't an A+ class, but all things considered it is at least a B.

We have a great coach here. I think he will be successful. We need to give him time and support him. He knows what he is doing.

Great points. In spite of these NCAA issues over his head, we still have a serviceable team that won't suck. Keatts can definitely put together a roster that will be competitive. Not likely to compete for a championship right now. Now let this NCAA stuff pass and Keatts will have had time to build more in roads and I think this guy can put together top 25 teams that can compete in the top 4 of the ACC. But, it's going to take some time.
Packfan8
Let's hope this doesn't affect cam Thomas thoughts. He's a must get
duran_duran
Packfan8 said:

Let's hope this doesn't affect cam Thomas thoughts. He's a must get
Keatts has been recruiting Thomas since he was in 9th grade, if coach tells him the allegations are not a big deal I'm inclined to think Thomas will trust him.

We should be thankful that Keatts has put in so much work with him to build a good relationship
Packfan8
Farrar has been offered by Rutgers
PicklePacker
I've been watching Cam Thomas on the live stream at Peach Jam. Obviously he's a really good scorer. Reminds me of a guard version of TJ Warren. He's struggling with his outside shot atm but he's really good at getting to the FT Line where he's automatic.
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

I've been watching Cam Thomas on the live stream at Peach Jam. Obviously he's a really good scorer. Reminds me of a guard version of TJ Warren. He's struggling with his outside shot atm but he's really good at getting to the FT Line where he's automatic.

Would be nice to get him, hows his defense? I've really only seen highlights and they obviously don't show any defense in those.
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

PicklePacker said:

Would be nice to get him, hows his defense? I've really only seen highlights and they obviously don't show any defense in those.
Not real good on D. He ain't got time for defense.
Dennis Smith III
I really like Nick Farrar and Jaylon Gibson as developmental four-year prospects. They both have a ton of potential and are being offered by or looked at by multiple high majors. A 2020 class consisting of like Cam Thomas, Shakeel Moore, Farrar and Gibson would be outstanding imo
Struttingwolf96
Agree, I would not mind bringing in a class like that, but check with the other posters first they seem to think, maybe Keatts as well, Farrar & Gibson aren't worthy of offers yet.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Agree, I would not mind bringing in a class like that, but check with the other posters first they seem to think, maybe Keatts as well, Farrar & Gibson aren't worthy of offers yet.

Here we go again...
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Here we go again...
I could just start deleting his post when he does that if you guys want me too....I hate to edit opinions but post like this do nothing to improve the content here.
TheStorm
Be careful, 97 says you never know who these people might be in real life...
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Be careful, 97 says you never know who these people pretend to be in real life...
fxd
Engineer97
TheStorm said:

Be careful, 97 says you never know who these people might be in real life...

Goosfrabaaaaaaaaa
Struttingwolf96
It the truth buddy.
Struttingwolf96
Part of the cool, bully clique from the old site I bet.
First Page Last Page
Page 186 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.