Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,116 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Abdur-Rahim visit to UVA reportedly went extremely well. Looks like they may be leading in this one right now.

If they do land him, I have to think that along with Sam Hausser being eligible may put a damper on the Henry Coleman recruitment for Bennett and Co.

Would we lead at this point or would it be vt if this happens in your opinion?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Abdur-Rahim visit to UVA reportedly went extremely well. Looks like they may be leading in this one right now.

If they do land him, I have to think that along with Sam Hausser being eligible may put a damper on the Henry Coleman recruitment for Bennett and Co.

Would we lead at this point or would it be vt if this happens in your opinion?
Not hearing anything about us leading.

remember, Coleman's Dad went to Va Tech.
Packfan8

Packfan8
Dunlow66
Devion Smith is a 2020 PG from Georgia. Top 50 player with Georgia, G Tech and Alabama targeting him. Smaller player who may be 5'10 or so.

Nnanna Njoku is a 2021 Center

Dunlow66
Dunlow66
D1 CircuitVerified account @D1Circuit 2m2 minutes ago
More

Nike EYBL Offensive Player of the Year: Cam Thomas

Boo's star averaged a highly-efficient 29.5 points, shooting 48% from the floor & 89% from the line.

"Nothing he does on the offensive end of the floor ever surprises me." -@OHACoachSmith

https://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/1031809
nryanh94
Jalen Johnson to Duke might help us out with Coleman
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Jalen Johnson to Duke might help us out with Coleman
I dont think Coleman was going to get the Duke offer anyway

Mark Williams though, different story. I think he also ends up at Duke.
Engineer97
Williams sister played for Duke.

Elizabeth I believe. She plays for Atlanta.
HungryWolf92
Any shot with Sisoko??
Struttingwolf96
So will Mady Sissoko, DJ Steward, Zach Loveday, Earl Timberlake, or Terrence Williams be added to the Watchlist? From reading & interviews from some stories State may be in better shape with some of these guys than some already on the Watchlist.
Struttingwolf96
Also, what about Nick Farrar, Justin Thomas, Jaylon Gibson, AJ James, Chris Moore, Deivon Smith, & Javarziah Belton?
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

So will Mady Sissoko, DJ Steward, Zach Loveday, Earl Timberlake, or Terrence Williams be added to the Watchlist? From reading & interviews from some stories State may be in better shape with some of these guys than some already on the Watchlist.
I doubt we land any of those guys.
RowanWolf
Who do we have a shot at? Seems like every time a name appears on here, it doesn't take long before we're informed that "we don't have a shot" or "he'll end up elsewhere".

Eight scholarships available and tons of playing time to offer over the next two years and we can't attract any top high school players?

Don't interpret this as desperation...but, this is truly perplexing.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Who do we have a shot at? Seems like every time a name appears on here, it doesn't take long before we're informed that "we don't have a shot" or "he'll end up elsewhere".

Eight scholarships available and tons of playing time to offer over the next two years and we can't attract any top high school players?

Don't interpret this as desperation...but, this is truly perplexing.
all those listed are more secondary targets right now, IMO....we might want them but others have put in more work. Doesnt mean things cant change.

Right now I'd say Shakeel Moore, Cam Thomas, Josh Hall, Henry Thomas would be our top options. Of course a lot can change and I would expect us to look at a big man, maybe a developmental type who might redshirt and a traditional transfer as other potential targets.
RowanWolf
Getting Thomas to sign would be a tremendous breakthrough to start the ball rolling. Many of the Crystal Ball's are predicting him to State, but when is Thomas expected to pull the trigger? The longer he waits, the more our chances waiver.
Dunlow66
Top UVA guy now projecting Abdur-Rahim to UVA.

Sounds like Rahim is closing in on a decision and it's looking like UVA. Could impact Coleman
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Jaden Springer eliminates NC State from his top 5

Struttingwolf96
So can we go ahead & take everyone after Springer on the Watchlist off since he was #8 & has already eliminated the Pack surely the guys 9 & above aren't really considering State? Isn't that how the Watchlist has been put together?
HungryWolf92
Struttingwolf96
The only guys you hear when it comes to State being of high interest is 1-4,6, & 14. That is basically it.
Dunlow66
We have four open scholarships in 2020.

Doubt we take 4 HS players. I think we get a couple of guards and a PF in the HS class. Maybe a Post Grad center.

If we lose others, I could see an extra HS/Juco recruit but wouldnt be shocked to see the staff go after another traditional transfer
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Doubt we take 4 HS players. I think we get a couple of guards and a PF in the HS class. Maybe a Post Grad center.

If we lose others, I could see an extra HS/Juco recruit but wouldnt be shocked to see the staff go after another traditional transfer

I like the idea of a sit out player each year because it's not realistic to hve a 13 man rotation but 12 is a lot easier to keep everyone happy in my opinion
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I like the idea of a sit out player each year because it's not realistic to hve a 13 man rotation but 12 is a lot easier to keep everyone happy in my opinion
Yea agreed. Its hard to keep 13 guys happy. KK likes to go 2-deep at each position so we should have a 10-11 man rotation(3 Ball-handlers; 4 Wings; 4 Bigs) Ideally, that means we have 2-3 RS/transfers each year that can sit. I think that really helps with retention of players because a player is much less likely to leave if they are a RS player.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Yea agreed. Its hard to keep 13 guys happy. KK likes to go 2-deep at each position so we should have a 10-11 man rotation(3 Ball-handlers; 4 Wings; 4 Bigs) Ideally, that means we have 2-3 RS/transfers each year that can sit. I think that really helps with retention of players because a player is much less likely to leave if they are a RS player.
UVA has been using this stategy for years.

The redshirt at least one kid(usually a big), sometimes two per year.
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Still think it will be UVA. Have since the OV was announced.
HungryWolf92
Some solid P5 offers coming in for Farrar...

Lobbing one in here for you, Strut! Lol
TheStorm
Dumb question: Abdur-Rahim?

as in Shareef's son? Former Cal and multiple team NBA player and current executive?
TheStorm
HungryWolf92 said:

Some solid P5 offers coming in for Farrar...

Lobbing one in here for you, Strut! Lol
Oh no!
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Dumb question: Abdur-Rahim?

as in Shareef's son? Former Cal and multiple team NBA player and current executive?
Yes....and Nephew of former Texas A&M and UGA asst Amir Abdur Rahim

His uncle leaving UGA helped open the door for others on this one.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
First Page Last Page
Page 185 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.