Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,234,541 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Wywolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Phenom hoop report posted new rankings for NC class of 2020. Jaylon Gibson (6-10) made a big jump. Wonder if the staff is pursuing him. Shakeel Moore also made a nice jump.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/rankings/2020-north-carolina-rankings/
Dunlow66
Jaylen Gibson, UC27 Dreamchasers 17U-

I was interested to watch Gibson after the amount of calls I received after the April live period. For the most part, the calls were spot on. The most used word in those conversations was potential. Gibson has only been playing three years and that shows in some of his game. He does things that a player of his stature normally does not do. He can handle the ball in transition and made a few defenders miss. The 6-foot-11 big man has a huge wingspan and extra large hands. He spent the live period in April playing with Team Wall but has since moved back to his hometown team coached by DeShannon Morris. He will be able to progress at his own pace and work on fundamentals more with the level of competition not being so fierce night in and night out. Gibson is one to keep an eye on, as Providence, Houston, Temple, Rutgers, and South Florida.

https://hoopseen.com/news/event/201905/three-best-players-we-saw-north-carolina-2019-bob-gibbons-tournament-champions
Struttingwolf96
Remember some posters said Keatts should wait before offering this young man, just like with Farrar. Two NC kids who I think are gonna blow up & then State fans are gonna be saying why didn't we offer them earlier or at all.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Remember some posters said Keatts should wait before offering this young man, just like with Farrar. Two NC kids who I think are gonna blow up & then State fans are gonna be saying why didn't we offer them earlier or at all.

you've beaten this dead horse, then beat his poor bones, then beat the dust those bones turned into.

for what?
HungryWolf92
Struttingwolf96 said:

Do you rehearse these lines before getting on here each day? Lmao
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops 1h1 hour ago
More

6'10 2020 Jaylon Gibson (Grace Christian) is on an unofficial visit to Elon today
metcalfmafia
Like clockwork.
Packfan8
Seabron posted on Instagram that he's packing up to leave. Summer session 2 starts next Monday so maybe he qualified?
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

Seabron posted on Instagram that he's packing up to leave. Summer session 2 starts next Monday so maybe he qualified?

Yeah I'm pretty sure he qualified.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

Anybody follow Danny Dixon's instagram to see where he is?
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

Hasn't posted anything since he commited. Maybe we're only offering Moore for 2020, or maybe someone else is gonna leave????
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

Hasn't posted anything since he commited. Maybe we're only offering Moore for 2020, or maybe someone else is gonna leave????
or maybe Seabron is packing up for JUCO???

no clue. No one spilling the beans on this one yet.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

Or maybe he's just going on vacation lmao
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

Or maybe he's just going on vacation lmao

Hate when people use logic instead of going with the assumptions that are hopeful lol. We'll see in a few days which it is because he's pretty loud on his Instagram story and shows everything
nryanh94
I'm just waiting for someone to ask him on Instagram when he's getting to state
WolfpackSI
Danny Dixon isn't active on the gram and hasn't posted anything since he committed to us
HungryWolf92
LMAO the "vacation" post got me good
Dunlow66
so it sounds like we may be getting good news on Seabron.....hope this one pans out.
Packfan8
That's great news. Would seabron qualifying mean the staff doesn't offer Moore for 2020 as well?
Struttingwolf96
I hope they still decide to offer Moore for 2020, he would fit great in Keatts system.
Packfan8
Mississippi state offered Moore
WolfpackSI
Man I wish we didn't pull the trigger so early on Danny Dixon. I'm sure hes a great kid but I just feel like we could have used that on a more talented long-term player a la Shakeel Moore. I don't think Danny is gonna get much PT.
metcalfmafia
WolfpackSI said:

Man I wish we didn't pull the trigger so early on Danny Dixon. I'm sure hes a great kid but I just feel like we could have used that on a more talented long-term player a la Shakeel Moore. I don't think Danny is gonna get much PT.
Danny fits a depth need for next year. Shakeel does not fit a depth need for next year.
TheWhiteWolf
Would Moore be willing to wait until the 2020 class? We talk about the dog in him and how his game is similar to Markell's. There are times when Markell just takes over and becomes an assassin, does Moore have that kind of attitude or traits in him to take over or hit a big shot?
WolfpackSI
metcalfmafia said:

WolfpackSI said:

Danny fits a depth need for next year. Shakeel does not fit a depth need for next year.
Yea I get that. It just sucks to lose out on Shakeel just because we didn't have enough room. Shakeel gives me Fred VanVleet vibes. One of those situations where hes gonna be a important piece on a championship team in a few years and we are gonna wonder why we didn't lock him up when we had the chance. Hes on the brink of blowing up it seems.
mddocisa
Looks like Seabron has qualified? Keatts says he will be in summer session II.
WolfpackSI
mddocisa said:

Where did Keatts say that?
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

mddocisa said:

The caravan
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

mddocisa said:

The caravan
Awesome! Guess thats as close to hearing it from the horses mouth as we can get. Welcome Dereon!
Packfan8
mddocisa said:

Great to get him in with the guys 2 months before the fall semester starts. Allows him time to learn the system and put some weight on.
mddocisa
WolfpackSI said:

mddocisa said:

https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina-state/Article/Wolfpack-Club-Coaches-Caravan-wrap-up-Doeren-Keatts-Corrigan-132983922/
state95
TheWhiteWolf said:

Would Moore be willing to wait until the 2020 class? We talk about the dog in him and how his game is similar to Markell's. There are times when Markell just takes over and becomes an assassin, does Moore have that kind of attitude or traits in him to take over or hit a big shot?

Seems to me if he was really interested in 2019, he would have already made that decision since high school is over for 2018-2019.
state95
WolfpackSI said:

metcalfmafia said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yea I get that. It just sucks to lose out on Shakeel just because we didn't have enough room. Shakeel gives me Fred VanVleet vibes. One of those situations where hes gonna be a important piece on a championship team in a few years and we are gonna wonder why we didn't lock him up when we had the chance. Hes on the brink of blowing up it seems.
How have we lost out on him? As of now, he is a 2020 recruit.
duran_duran
state95 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Seems to me if he was really interested in 2019, he would have already made that decision since high school is over for 2018-2019.
He may very well have preferred 2019 but if his offers aren't great I understand waiting the extra year. After VA Tech got Jalen Cone and now Seabron seems like he will qualify the takers for Moore aren't amazing. His next best offers are Cincinnati and Wake.

With the way he's trending right now, I'd expect him to be in a much stronger position with offers for 2020 when all is said and done. Obviously hope we still get him though.
Dunlow66
state95 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Why?

He is just starting to get a lot of HM offers.

He is originally a member of the 2019 class and reclassed to develop and get better offers. Now that is happening. No need to rush.
First Page Last Page
Page 181 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.