Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,498 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
duran_duran said:

state95 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Would Moore be willing to wait until the 2020 class? We talk about the dog in him and how his game is similar to Markell's. There are times when Markell just takes over and becomes an assassin, does Moore have that kind of attitude or traits in him to take over or hit a big shot?

Seems to me if he was really interested in 2019, he would have already made that decision since high school is over for 2018-2019.
He may very well have preferred 2019 but if his offers aren't great I understand waiting the extra year. After VA Tech got Jalen Cone and now Seabron seems like he will qualify the takers for Moore aren't amazing. His next best offers are Cincinnati and Wake.

With the way he's trending right now, I'd expect him to be in a much stronger position with offers for 2020 when all is said and done. Obviously hope we still get him though.
Va Tech is still pushing for him in 2020. They want him but I dont think he needs to be on the same roster as Cone.
metcalfmafia
He's shown that he can do it on the defensive side. Now he needs to improve on the offensive side his senior year.

That would make him a huge addition in 2020.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

He's shown that he can do it on the defensive side. Now he needs to improve on the offensive side his senior year.

That would make him a huge addition in 2020.
He can do it on offense too....just not the way some can. Efficient and doesnt take bad shots so he doesnt score as much as some do.

Very solid at beating his man and getting into the paint. Also creats his own offense on tips and deflections. His created turnovers often lead to points.

If you saw this kid 2 years ago and then watched him this summer, you would think this was a different recruit, not the same guy he was.

Dunlow66
Jon RothsteinVerified account @JonRothstein 1m1 minute ago
More

Sources: Arizona commit Terry Williams is bypassing college to play professionally in the G League or overseas. Top-50 player in the 2019 class.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Jon RothsteinVerified account @JonRothstein 1m1 minute ago
More

Sources: Arizona commit Terry Williams is bypassing college to play professionally in the G League or overseas. Top-50 player in the 2019 class.
I think he meant Terry Armstrong
Dunlow66
JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 47m47 minutes ago
More

Virginia will host four-star junior Jabri Abdur-Rahim for an official visit on June 28th till the 30th, a source told @Stockrisers.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 47m47 minutes ago
More

Virginia will host four-star junior Jabri Abdur-Rahim for an official visit on June 28th till the 30th, a source told @Stockrisers.

Is it bad to want them to get a player of that caliber just so that we have a chance with Coleman
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Now UNC is just F'ing with us....smh
Dunlow66
For what it's worth

UNC hasnt made any move on Cam Thomas yet.

Also looks like they may land Ziare Williams at the SF position, maybe ending any pursuit of Josh Hall.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Now UNC is just F'ing with us....smh

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

For what it's worth

Also looks like they may land Ziare Williams at the SF position, maybe ending any pursuit of Josh Hall.

As long as unc duke and Kentucky stay away he's ours right?
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

For what it's worth

I hate to say this for fear of getting folks off topic but I would think NCAA dropping a heavy hammer on us could influence his decision.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

so it sounds like we may be getting good news on Seabron.....hope this one pans out.
LETS GO!!!!
Packfan8
Moore has been offered by Illinois
nryanh94
And Seabron is on campus!!!
TheStorm
PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

For what it's worth

I hate to say this for fear of getting folks off topic but I would think NCAA dropping a heavy hammer on us could influence his decision.
You just love posting this angle, don't you?

Over and over and over and over. But yet you honestly have no clue what will happen at the end of the day, do you?
WolfpackSI
Turns out you don't even have to play for NC State to go undrafted ha ha ha ha
HungryWolf92
Undrafted out of high school...gets a guaranteed 2 years. That's a great deal!
Packfan8
HungryWolf92 said:

Don't know the details of the contract but he's gonna live out his dream of making money in the nba
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Don't know the details of the contract but he's gonna live out his dream of making money in the nba
Word is he will have 2 years guaranteed at the NBA minimum and a two year team option.

1.7 million, no matter what.
HungryWolf92
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Word is he will have 2 years guaranteed at the NBA minimum and a two year team option.

1.7 million, no matter what.

Exactly. Getting paid good money to live your dream. Can't beat it.
1985 NCSU Grad
He received 1.7 million guaranteed with him (personally) receiving and pocketing about $975K for the two years after taxes, expenses, and agent fees. He now has his shot at the NBA but it will be a TOUGH road to pave.

The problem is that as he was advised by multiple teams that he would probably go undrafted but he would more than likely get a good free agent deal. But if he went to college and proved he was more than just a very athletic player and learned some of the nuances of the game against competition (and showed improvement over the course of the college season) like improving his passing, ball handling, shooting and learning to learning to lead and direct his offense - Next year he was at least mid to late 1st round bound - then he would have made what he just signed for in his 1st year of his deal (AT LEAST) with a 3-4 year guaranteed deal and would have had a MUCH better chance to make his team and get playing time.

But you cannot fault the guy and all is good. Hope it all works out for him. He did get a guaranteed contract and this will help them push for him to have a good shot with the team...
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

He received 1.7 million guaranteed with him (personally) receiving and pocketing about $975K for the two years after taxes, expenses, and agent fees. He now has his shot at the NBA but it will be a TOUGH road to pave.

The problem is that as he was advised by multiple teams that he would probably go undrafted but he would more than likely get a good free agent deal. But if he went to college and proved he was more than just a very athletic player and learned some of the nuances of the game against competition (and showed improvement over the course of the college season) like improving his passing, ball handling, shooting and learning to learning to lead and direct his offense - Next year he was at least mid to late 1st round bound - then he would have made what he just signed for in his 1st year of his deal (AT LEAST) with a 3-4 year guaranteed deal and would have had a MUCH better chance to make his team and get playing time.

But you cannot fault the guy and all is good. Hope it all works out for him. He did get a guaranteed contract and this will help them push for him to have a good shot with the team...
Go look at the production of 'three year guards' like Ky Bowman(BC), Shamarie Ponds(St John) and Jared Harper(Auburn).

All had very good college careers for three seasons. All were consistent producers. All went undrafted, just like Lecque.
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

Go look at the production of 'three year guards' like Ky Bowman(BC), Shamarie Ponds(St John) and Jared Harper(Auburn).

All had very good college careers for three seasons. All were consistent producers. All went undrafted, just like Lecque.

I didnt watch the draft but Ky Bowman didnt get drafted?!?!?!
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
1985 NCSU Grad
Ky Bowman(BC), Shamarie Ponds(St John) and Jared Harper(Auburn)... 2 had a problem of with major concerns about being short and all had concerns with their play in college translating to the NBA. All had concerns on consistency and having those concerns still 3 years later - none are as athletic as Jalen.. For every guy above you can list three that benefitted. Cody Martin would have never been drafted without returning last year while PJ Washington would have never been drafted no where near #12 without returning. Zion would never had been #1 without his year at Duke.

What I am telling you is what Jalen was told by many NBA scouts/execs. They said he would have greatly benefitted from the college game and training and the workouts. He would have improved his athletic ability and strength - remember he only did one rep on the bench press. But he got to the NBA and got his goal.

I could really care less in what he did and does. Just passing along info. that I have been told. I care about those who are at State and are truly committed to Staye.
pack1502
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Ky Bowman(BC), Shamarie Ponds(St John) and Jared Harper(Auburn)... 2 had a problem of with major concerns about being short and all had concerns with their play in college translating to the NBA. All had concerns on consistency and having those concerns still 3 years later - none are as athletic as Jalen.. For every guy above you can list three that benefitted. Cody Martin would have never been drafted without returning last year while PJ Washington would have never been drafted no where near #12 without returning. Zion would never had been #1 without his year at Duke.

What I am telling you is what Jalen was told by many NBA scouts/execs. They said he would have greatly benefitted from the college game and training and the workouts. He would have improved his athletic ability and strength - remember he only did one rep on the bench press. But he got to the NBA and got his goal.

I could really care less in what he did and does. Just passing along info. that I have been told. I care about those who are at State and are truly committed to Staye.

If you could really care less would you have posted paragraphs about this lol? Maybe, just maybe, him and his family know what's better for their situation than you do?
mddocisa
https://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-basketball/2019/6/21/18701502/nc-states-non-conference-basketball-schedule-includes-road-trip-to-unc-greenboro
mddocisa
Dunlow66
pack1502 said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

If you could really care less would you have posted paragraphs about this lol? Maybe, just maybe, him and his family know what's better for their situation than you do?
It easy to pick and chose, I would wager just as many kids drop from going to college as rise. Seems like that someone has to drop if someone else goes up

Naz Reid
Nas Little
Cam Reddish
Keldon Johnson
Bol Bol

all lost millions by being required to go to college for one year.

Packfan8
We had an coach at James Madison team camp today. Wonder who all is playing there?
Not jmu but Virginia live event
Packfan8

Keatts watching hayes I imagine
PicklePacker
TheStorm said:

PicklePacker said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

For what it's worth

You just love posting this angle, don't you?

Over and over and over and over. But yet you honestly have no clue what will happen at the end of the day, do you?

aside from the post you quoted, i've mentioned the NCAA 1 other time in a recruiting thread. If that's "over and over and over" i apologize. And please find one example where i've said the NCAA will do anything to us. They might not. But if you think it's not effecting recruiting already you're as clueless about that as you are about what i've been posting.
1985 NCSU Grad
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/preps-blog/article231745798.html

My best friends sister's son. Finally landing in a good spot. Has dramatically improved over the past 2-3 months.
Struttingwolf96
2020 C target Dain Dainja out of MN is off the board, committed to Baylor.
First Page Last Page
Page 182 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.