Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,918 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
wufpack7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Struttingwolf96 said:

3Kyle Guy from UVA has decided to enter the NBA & hire an agent.
Man, the ACC will be the WIDE OPEN next year. UVA, Duke, and UNC are losing everybody. Those 3 teams return, what, a combined 2 starters? (edit: no, looks like 3, Diakite, Tre Jones, and Bolden) VT lost a ton AND lost their coach. FSU still has a lot of talent, but has some key losses. It would have been an excellent year for us to sneak up near the top of the standings, but a couple of whiffs on the recruiting trail coupled with whatever personnel losses we're going to have will likely prevent it from happening. We could still "improve" due to the drop-off by other teams, but we're just not going to have the horses to get too close to the top. Oh well.

Edited again: just saw dunlow's post and realized I had forgotten that the new rules allow agents to be used, but still can come back. Still a LOT of attrition at the top, but maybe not quite as bad as I thought.
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

PicklePacker said:

I think Tucker wanted to go to UNC and they wanted him but I don't think his grades jived with their admissions. Once he caught wind of that, he probably figured it best to enter the draft in case he can't get in to any of these other schools.
That sounds like UNC speak for 'we missed on this recruit'
Yeah I don't remember any objections to Nate Britt's 1.8 GPA while he was there
duran_duran

Not a 3 point shooter, but this could be interesting
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

Not a 3 point shooter, but this could be interesting
We discussed him a few days ago
Packfan8
Dun, have you heard about seabron qualifying? Or is this rumor not true
WolfPacker54
Packfan8 said:

You gotta get inside dude
TheStorm
PicklePacker said:

I think Tucker wanted to go to UNC and they wanted him but I don't think his grades jived with their admissions. Once he caught wind of that, he probably figured it best to enter the draft in case he can't get in to any of these other schools.
Why would anybody in their right mind ever post such a thought? I hope this is some kind of poor attempt at humor - but something strongly suggests to me that it is not...
TheStorm
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

GUYS!!! Kerry Blackshear is offically transferring do we stand a chance??
What conference does he play in?
WolfpackSI
TheStorm said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

GUYS!!! Kerry Blackshear is offically transferring do we stand a chance??
What conference does he play in?

He played at VaTech so that would be ACC
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheStorm
nm
TheStorm
TheStorm said:

Ahhh. So he must be a GRAD transfer then if we are talking about him. Like Cameron Johnson, I guess... I was originally thinking he was a traditional transfer. My bad.
Edited to add: Doesn't look to me like we even have a shot at him. A&M (Buzz), Kentucky... watch the Holes name pop up next...
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

TheStorm said:

Ahhh. So he must be a GRAD transfer then if we are talking about him. Like Cameron Johnson, I guess... I was originally thinking he was a traditional transfer. My bad.
Edited to add: Doesn't look to me like we even have a shot at him. A&M (Buzz), Kentucky... watch the Holes name pop up next...
I'd guess Tennessee and Flordia would also be in this
Packfan8
Virginia tech has now offered josh hall
Packfan8
WolfPacker54 said:

Packfan8 said:

You gotta get inside dude

Just got the trial to see how much I like it
Dunlow66

The Upward Stars Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina hosted the adidas Qualifier over this past weekend and it was loaded with talented teams and players. Here is a rundown of the event and some of the top performers and my breakout players from the event.

17U

Josh Hall (Team Loaded NC)-Probably on the short list of the most attractive college prospect in the Southeast right now is the 6-foot-9 Hall. He recently picked up an offer from Kansas University after watching him workout at his high school Moravian Prep in Hickory, North Carolina.
For the weekend, Hall averaged right at 14 points per game as Team Loaded NC dropped two games while winning one. What stands out about Hall is his ability to stretch the floor with his shooting and his length. He alters and blocks shots down low and can defend on the perimeter all while on offense he is able to pull the defenders outside because of his shot making ability.

Justin Wright (Team Loaded NC)-The 6-foot-1 lead guard for Team Loaded NC is one of the best facilitators in the region and is a winner, an attribute I strongly consider when evaluating a player. Wright recently led Farmville Central High School to a NCHSAA 2-A state title. Over the weekend, Wright averaged 14 points and dished out 2.3 assists per game.

Carter Whitt (Team Loaded NC)-Already sporting offers from NC State, Ole Miss and Virginia, Carter Whitt is playing up an age group with the 17's. Effective and efficient are the words to describe Whitt's game. He doesn't "wow" anyone with ultra-athleticism or flashy plays, he just facilitates and makes the right passes. He averaged 8.1 points and 4.3 assists per game at the qualifier.

16U

Jalen McDonald (Team Loaded NC)-Considered by many to be the most athletic player in the class, McDonald showed glimpses of what has caused the commotion around the high praise. He has a really quick second jump and almost seems to hang in the air longer than anyone else on the floor. He uses this ability to get a lot of easy baskets off tip-ins and follows. He runs the floor very good for a 6-foot-5 slasher that can also take defenders off the dribble and get into the paint where his athleticism prevails.

Elijah Jamison (Team Loaded NC)-The sturdy-built guard looks like he would also be a bear on the football field. He gets downhill in a hurry and he is a natural scorer. He has a really solid looking jumper and can score from all spots on the floor. He is a bulldog with the ball in his hands and isn't afraid of a challenge.

More from Hoopseen
Packfan8

Interesting
Dunlow66
That sounds like a kid who is going pro.

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Hope Keatts is going after keeling really hard
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Personal opinion, but Keeling will give us more in 1 year than Lecque would.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I feel the same way, watching his live stream from the prep championships he didn't really impress me that much. He looked like a guy who needed 2 years in college.
Dunlow66
Chad Myers Retweeted

More

@MMAPGBasketball's Dereon Seabron (NC State), Brandon Suggs (ECU) and Jarvis Vaughan (Monmouth) signed their national letters of intent today

Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Need to get Keeling in for a visit. Has anyone confirmed our offer?
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Would expect him to visit his top 5 so maybe it will be soon.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Already visited Tech, at Clemson this weekend. Evaluation period only, next weekend(NCAA), other than that visits can take place until May 15th, then 'dead period' for 10 days.

So any visits would likely occcur before May 15th, IMO.

UNC also making a push for Keeling. Think they are going to meet with him before the Clemson visit.
Packfan8
Worth a look?
Andrew4343
Does this mean he is qualified and good to go?

Dunlow66 said:

Chad Myers Retweeted

More

@MMAPGBasketball's Dereon Seabron (NC State), Brandon Suggs (ECU) and Jarvis Vaughan (Monmouth) signed their national letters of intent today

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Already visited Tech, at Clemson this weekend. Evaluation period only, next weekend(NCAA), other than that visits can take place until May 15th, then 'dead period' for 10 days.

So any visits would likely occcur before May 15th, IMO.

UNC also making a push for Keeling. Think they are going to meet with him before the Clemson visit.

Will visit unc next week assuming us the following and Purdue after
Dunlow66
Andrew4343 said:

Does this mean he is qualified and good to go?

Dunlow66 said:

Chad Myers Retweeted

More

think he still has some work to do.
Dunlow66
Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels 23m23 minutes ago
More

Source: Landers Nolley has withdrawn his name from the NCAA transfer portal and will return to school at Virginia Tech.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Worth a look?
not likley. Probably head back West
Dunlow66
Former UVA player. Depth type 'big man'

Jon RothsteinVerified account @JonRothstein 2m2 minutes ago
More

George Mason's Jarred Reuter will graduate and transfer, per release. Immediately eligible.
NatePait94
Glad to see you #GetInside. I imagine you'll stick with it. Not sure if you like football but they kill it big time on football news. Not saying this to diminish the bball and baseball news but fball updates are relentless.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Question about premium; if I pay that 1 dollar for 1 month thing does it lock me in another month for the 10$ and then i cancell? Or can i just get 1$ for 1 month and cancel after? And if i like it I'll get for 2 years
NatePait94
You dont get locked in
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Okay then sounds great gonna get it now
First Page Last Page
Page 139 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.