Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,671 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Glad to have you aboard!
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Packfan8
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Question about premium; if I pay that 1 dollar for 1 month thing does it lock me in another month for the 10$ and then i cancell? Or can i just get 1$ for 1 month and cancel after? And if i like it I'll get for 2 years

That's what I just did, I like the option of being able to turn off auto renew. Unlike other sites that make you sit on the phone for a while to cancel. I see Khadim sy releases his top 5. Did we ever reach out to him?
Packfan8
The only team that I could see drafting lecque in the first round would be Boston who showed up to some of his games this year. They have 3 first round picks but not sure he'll go at 21 which is their last first round
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

The only team that I could see drafting lecque in the first round would be Boston who showed up to some of his games this year. They have 3 first round picks but not sure he'll go at 21 which is their last first round

Boston is very likely to trade those 3 picks
duran_duran
Packfan8 said:

I don't get where this talk of him going in the first round is coming from. From the projections I've seen his best case scenario is late second round with most not even projecting him to be drafted.
nryanh94
welppack
nryanh94 said:

Big get that we really needed.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Hell yes
Dunlow66
Great pickup by NC State

Finally get to see Keatts system with a true stretch 4
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Pretty odd that we haven't seen anything about Andrees visit anywhere. Does anyone know how it went?
Remember this for the next time.... patience grasshopper.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

With the Pat Andree visit underway.....I think K State could be our main competition. They seem to have a few other players ahead of Andree on their wish list.

I hope that influences his decision and he commits to the Pack soon.
Bulldogwolf27
Coach keeps stuff under wraps. You don't get a lot of info out of ppl
ncstats
I see that Seabron signed his LOI today. I read somewhere he may have a few hiccups getting to State. Does this signing indicate that all issues are cleared up?
Dunlow66
ncstats said:

I see that Seabron signed his LOI today. I read somewhere he may have a few hiccups getting to State. Does this signing indicate that all issues are cleared up?
not yet
wolfpackfan00
ncstats said:

Dun answered this question of previous page. He said he still has some work to do
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

ncstats said:

not yet

Any reason why state hasn't announced the signing or does that take awhile because of paperwork
Acb0110
Big get!! If coach can get 10-11 guys that can legitimately contribute, you will see what he can do. Especially with a few shooters. Go keep Kellz coach!!! The biggest piece to the puzzle IMO.
Struttingwolf96
CG Joe Bamisile of VA, in the 2020 class just committed to N'Western. I believe he came to visit Raleigh a few weeks ago & got an offer from Keatts.
WolfpackSI
MJ, Harris, Bev, Thomas, Bryce, Daniels, Lecque, Hellems, Seabron, Dj, Walker, Andree, Bates

All scholarships are accounted for next season. How we recruit the next few weeks will give us good insight on how things play out. My gut feeling is Lecque is gone and Markell comes back. We go hard after Kneeling

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
unreal13
WolfpackSI said:

MJ, Harris, Bev, Thomas, Bryce, Daniels, Lecque, Hellems, Seabron, Dj, Walker, Andree, Bates

All scholarships are accounted for next season. How we recruit the next few weeks will give us good insight on how things play out. My gut feeling is Lecque is gone and Markell comes back. We go hard after Kneeling

Does anybody know if there's any legitimacy to the rumors about Wyatt Walker possibly moving on from the program? Or is that just wishful thinking? Because I would prefer that over losing Lecque and/or Markell.
Engineer97
Dun,

I'm an ole football guy, so excuse my ignorance - but for you basketball guys...........doesn't having a new roster every year just Groundhogs Day team chemistry and continuity? This is a national trend, I get that - but damn. I also know Keatts did this regularly at Hargrave. He did say several times this year that they "are still learning to play together".

I just wonder at times. I honestly don't know or understand it.
state95
Engineer97 said:

Dun,

I'm an ole football guy, so excuse my ignorance - but for you basketball guys...........doesn't having a new roster every year just Groundhogs Day team chemistry and continuity? This is a national trend, I get that - but damn. I also know Keatts did this regularly at Hargrave. He did say several times this year that they "are still learning to play together".

I just wonder at times. I honestly don't know or understand it.

Most of the team returns next year. As of now, we've only lost 2 and they exhausted eligibility. Now we might lose a couple more, but still return a lot of players.
wolfpacker7
unreal13 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Does anybody know if there's any legitimacy to the rumors about Wyatt Walker possibly moving on from the program? Or is that just wishful thinking? Because I would prefer that over losing Lecque and/or Markell.
I am also curious about this.

Love landing Andree, though. Can you imagine this system with 4 guys on the floor who can all shoot around 40% from deep?
Packfan8
wolfpacker7 said:

unreal13 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I am also curious about this.

Love landing Andree, though. Can you imagine this system with 4 guys on the floor who can all shoot around 40% from deep?

That would be great but at least one of those would need to be able to attack the rim and create for others because then it would be easy to guard 4 guys who only shoot. An ideal situation for next season is to have 2-3 guys shoot 40+% if Markell comes back and shoots like he did this year, if Andree shoots like he has in his first 3 seasons, and if Beverly shoots better than he did this season then it's attainable.
Packfan8
Was becoming more informed and I believe that we will still get one of Markell or lecque based on this new rule that I found on the ncaa website.
"College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren't drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft"
TheStorm
So far (as far as I can tell anyway) the Wyatt Walker rumor is Strutter initiated... until I see someone credible comment I will be forced to assume it's just normal delusion...
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

So far (as far as I can tell anyway) the Wyatt Walker rumor is Strutter initiated... until I see someone credible comment I will be forced to assume it's just normal delusion...
it goes deeper. Maybe it's Walker, maybe not.....but we are targeting Smitts for a reason.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

it goes deeper. Maybe it's Walker, maybe not.....but we are targeting Smitts for a reason.
is there any intel on Manny Bates recovery? Is he feeling 100% and expected to be ready to go or is there some concern with him moving forward in terms of the shoulder?
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

Well someone credible just commented.
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheStorm said:

is there any intel on Manny Bates recovery? Is he feeling 100% and expected to be ready to go or is there some concern with him moving forward in terms of the shoulder?

I believe he was practicing by the end of the season. I know there were pictures of him warming up about an hour before one of the games this past year
pack1502
Heard outside of here that Walker may be leaving as well.
1985 NCSU Grad
Walker has played in the ACC Barnstorming tour (and was listed in their initial roster release). That usual means the guy is not playing next year and since the tour is for "Seniors" and guys that are not playing next year. Rumor at one of the Barnstorming events was he appears to have elected to not play college ball next year.

But as they say - kids change their minds - the door is open to leave or returns for any of the guys and we are active for more players for a reason.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Would it be worth basically to "trade" walker for smitts?
And what about the same said for leque and kneeling?
Packfan8
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Would it be worth basically to "trade" walker for smitts?
And what about the same said for leque and kneeling?

I think if you were guaranteed smits then yeah trade him for walker and the same could be said about keeling but there are no guarantees with either. Hell it doesn't sound like we lead for either of them as well
RDUwolfpack
Why haven't we kicked the tires on Jayce Johnson
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.