Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,596 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
wolfpackjb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not gonna pretend to be all riled up over McKoy. I think he could be a good player in a couple of years, but I have always been under the impression that we need more help for next year. On to the next one!
Dunlow66
Adding insult to injury

Rayjon Tucker will visit Auburn....leaving open the possibility of returning to college.

Now that would be kind of funny if they dont lose Tucker to the league but to Bruce Pearl.
Thunderhill
duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

WOLFDAC said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WOLFDAC said:

Most say McKoy will end up at UNC...and many think he'll be recruited over the very next recruiting cycle as well.
Who is unc projected to land in next years class?

Not so much who...but the fact that at the time of the offer he was a 3 star recruit...but it looks like UVA has him and it's a better fit for him
I guessing UNC now offers Keeling. They want to bring in five players this year.
This will probably be the most cobbled together team Roy has had in a long time. It may not mean anything but I'm enjoying all the turnover they're going to have while we only lose two guys.
How many of the uNC kids are leaving early?
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Adding insult to injury

Rayjon Tucker will visit Auburn....leaving open the possibility of returning to college.

Now that would be kind of funny if they dont lose Tucker to the league but to Bruce Pearl.

Carolina fans are losing their minds on twitter about missing on a kid who they offered a week ago and was publicly scrutinized by many fans. If they miss out on Cole Anthony as well it will get ugly.
nryanh94
Thunderhill said:

duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

WOLFDAC said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WOLFDAC said:

Most say McKoy will end up at UNC...and many think he'll be recruited over the very next recruiting cycle as well.

Not so much who...but the fact that at the time of the offer he was a 3 star recruit...but it looks like UVA has him and it's a better fit for him
I guessing UNC now offers Keeling. They want to bring in five players this year.
This will probably be the most cobbled together team Roy has had in a long time. It may not mean anything but I'm enjoying all the turnover they're going to have while we only lose two guys.

2 (white and little) but they also lose 3 seniors (Johnson, Maye, and Williams)
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

WOLFDAC said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WOLFDAC said:

Huffman might see the court lol
Dunlow66
Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels 12m12 minutes ago
More

William & Mary graduate transfer Justin Pierce has scheduled a visit to North Carolina for the 28th, he tells 247Sports.
Packfan8
Any chance that Cam Thomas graduates this summer
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

More

William & Mary graduate transfer Justin Pierce has scheduled a visit to North Carolina for the 28th, he tells 247Sports.
Thought that he was a lock to play somewhere in the Midwest / Mideast? (ie. B1G)
gopack_83
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Thought that he was a lock to play somewhere in the Midwest / Mideast? (ie. B1G)

Shows how desperate UNC is right now
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

TheStorm said:

I just hope he wears #45 and knee high socks pulled all the way up...

Guaranteed national champs if he does this. With short shorts
Pretty sure we were already past the short shorts era when Smits played in the 90's...
TheStorm
Struttingwolf96 said:

If I was Keatts, I might pull a Herb Sendek this year. Does anyone remember when Julius Hodge was an incoming Fr. & Damien Wilkins was suppose to come back, but thought he was good enough (dont know why) to head to the NBA(old rules then). When he wanted to come back Sendek said that's no thanks & Wilkins transferred to Georgia his Senior year I believe it was. I would do that to MJ & move on.

Pretty sure that Damien Wilkins only played at State for two (2) years, transferred to Georgia, had to sit out a year and then played two (2) years for the 'Dawgs... believe he played in the NBA for somewhere around eight (8) years or so - definitely remember him being with the "Save Our Sonics" for a little bit.

Edited to add: Definitely bounced around a lot... here's the list from wiki.

Seattle SuperSonics / Oklahoma City Thunder

Minnesota Timberwolves

Atlanta Hawks

Detroit Pistons

Philadelphia 76ers

Beijing Ducks

Indios de Mayagez

Iowa Energy

Indios de Mayagez

Guaros de Lara

Greensboro Swarm

Brujos de Guayama

Indiana Pacers

Greensboro Swarm
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Notre Dame and Michigan, are the other two finalist
PicklePacker
Hopefully Cole Anthony pulls the ultimate shocker and goes to Oregon.
Thunderhill
nryanh94 said:

Thunderhill said:

duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

WOLFDAC said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

WOLFDAC said:

That's surprising. Did uNC have their payroll cut?
Packfan8
Pretty odd that we haven't seen anything about Andrees visit anywhere. Does anyone know how it went?
TheWhiteWolf
So we are content with not offering Cone? He's going to be one of those players that torches us
WolfpackSI
Is Raylon NBA caliber talent? Man if so then I really underestimated that dude.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

He's considered the number 1 available transfer, so maybe
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I think I have just really been underimpressed with grad transfers from lower divisions. Most of them come in and are solid role players but I can't think of anyone that had a 'Cam Newton at Auburn' effect where they came in and completely changed the outlook of the team.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I think I have just really been underimpressed with grad transfers from lower divisions. Most of them come in and are solid role players but I can't think of anyone that had a 'Cam Newton at Auburn' effect where they came in and completely changed the outlook of the team.

Grad transfers have multiple roles. Most aren't going to be your go to option or your best player but they come in and add leadership/experience. If we can add a solid role player or starter to fill out our roster that will be huge. But I agree with your point about mid major grad transfers, the only ones that I can think of in the past few years that have been a teams best player/go to guy is al freeman, cam Johnson and Reid Travis. All of these coming from power 5 schools
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Grad transfers have multiple roles. Most aren't going to be your go to option or your best player but they come in and add leadership/experience. If we can add a solid role player or starter to fill out our roster that will be huge. But I agree with your point about mid major grad transfers, the only ones that I can think of in the past few years that have been a teams best player/go to guy is al freeman, cam Johnson and Reid Travis. All of these coming from power 5 schools

But the other argument to this is Sam Hunt, he didn't have the biggest role on our team a year ago but he was very important to our success. Had it not been for him we could've lost many games especially during his stretch in the middle of conference play where he was lights out from 3. I think it's important that we find a player like Andree that can come in and do his role for our team.
WOLFDAC
At the least a grad transfer should be a reliable player in your rotation...or the scholly is wasted imo.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
GUYS!!! Kerry Blackshear is offically transferring do we stand a chance??
Packfan8
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL KEATTS NEEDS TO REEL HIM IN. I know he could just follow buzz to A&M but that's not what I want lol
WolfPacker54
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Probably not. Basically the equivalent of a top 5 one and done.
WolfpackSI
Man, he would be so good for us.

MJ + Lecque + Bryce + Funderburk + Blackshear is a lineup that could compete with anyone in the country.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
Kyle Guy from UVA has decided to enter the NBA & hire an agent.
Packfan8
Honestly Kentucky will probably pursue. Just plug and play the same role that Reid Travis has this year
duran_duran
WolfpackSI said:

Maybe he is talented enough, but I doubt he's shown enough in college to merit being drafted. My money is still on him transferring somewhere next season (hopefully not UNC)
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

WolfpackSI said:

Maybe he is talented enough, but I doubt he's shown enough in college to merit being drafted. My money is still on him transferring somewhere next season (hopefully not UNC)
Memphis and Auburn pushing hard for Tucker
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Kyle Guy from UVA has decided to enter the NBA & hire an agent.
He can still come back to UVA
PicklePacker
I think Tucker wanted to go to UNC and they wanted him but I don't think his grades jived with their admissions. Once he caught wind of that, he probably figured it best to enter the draft in case he can't get in to any of these other schools.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

I think Tucker wanted to go to UNC and they wanted him but I don't think his grades jived with their admissions. Once he caught wind of that, he probably figured it best to enter the draft in case he can't get in to any of these other schools.
That sounds like UNC speak for 'we missed on this recruit'
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

duran_duran said:

WolfpackSI said:

Memphis and Auburn pushing hard for Tucker

Well I hope he's NBA bound. Don't want to play against him
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.