Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,897 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Butler offered him out of high school and he's from Indiana so it might be hard to beat a school like them for him but could be a decent pick up
TheStorm
I just hope he wears #45 and knee high socks pulled all the way up...
Packfan8
TheStorm said:

I just hope he wears #45 and knee high socks pulled all the way up...

Guaranteed national champs if he does this. With short shorts
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Butler offered him out of high school and he's from Indiana so it might be hard to beat a school like them for him but could be a decent pick up
That progam looks like it may be heading in the wrong direction with Lavall Jordan as HC.

ETA. Different Butler staff offered.
Packfan8
Ahhhh makes sense.
Dunlow66
With the Pat Andree visit underway.....I think K State could be our main competition. They seem to have a few other players ahead of Andree on their wish list.

I hope that influences his decision and he commits to the Pack soon.
Packfan8

Looks like he's more lean
Struttingwolf96
Been saying it Keatts needs to go ahead & offer this young man.
Dunlow66
Jason JordanVerified account @JayJayUSATODAY 1m1 minute ago
More

Virginia Tech just offered 2020 PG @J15Cone, gave him the option to reclassify and come in the 2019 class.
Thunderhill
Packfan8 said:

Looks like he's more lean
A little resemblance to Ian Steere imo.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Just read where Top 100 2020 SG Matthew Murrell 6-4 TN has State in his top 4. He's a name I haven't heard mentioned before. Supposedly a really good shooter.
Never makes it out of the State of Tennesse, IMO

Murrell was the first 2020 player Hardeway offered at Memphis. Multiple 'unofficial' visits. Dad is a lifelong Memphis fan.

Tennessee has also put in a lot of time with Murrel and could pull him if Memphis doesnt.

Best thing we offer is our style of play. Fast paced gameplay is something Murell is looking for.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

hearing we have another visitor for next weekend. Post grad big man. Name should be out soon

Could be a rotational player at 7'1'' but I don't see him giving much production. Maybe someone who can alter shots around the rim
Smits does have a connection to Arizona State. He trains in Phoenix with an ASU grad(Vaughn Compton)
Dunlow66
WVU postgrad James 'Beetle' Bolden commits to Alabama
Dunlow66
Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels 1h1 hour ago
More

Source: William & Mary graduate transfer Justin Pierce has scheduled a visit to Michigan for next week.

He's finishing up a visit to Notre Dame right now. Averaged 14.9 PPG & 8.9 RPG last season.
Dunlow66
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops
FollowingFollowing @Phenom_Hoops
More

Providence is the latest to offer 5'11 2020 Jalen Cone (Team Felton) in both the 2019 and 2020 class.
Dunlow66
McKoy didnt commit on the UVA visit despite the hard sell by Bennett.

They dont usually wait long once they make an offer at UVA. Wouldnt be surprised to see McKoy visiting UNC very soon.
gopack_83
Dunlow66
gopack_83 said:

I dont think this kid has a UNC offer yet.
Dunlow66
Keeling visiting Ga Tech this weekend

Clemson next up
Packfan8
gopack_83 said:

Hope he waits until the end of May to decide because the Markell/lecque decision could really impact how we recruit him
He's from Atlanta so might just want to play his last season in front of his hometown but he can do that in Raleigh when we visit gt next season
Struttingwolf96
If I was Keatts, I might pull a Herb Sendek this year. Does anyone remember when Julius Hodge was an incoming Fr. & Damien Wilkins was suppose to come back, but thought he was good enough (dont know why) to head to the NBA(old rules then). When he wanted to come back Sendek said that's no thanks & Wilkins transferred to Georgia his Senior year I believe it was. I would do that to MJ & move on. From what's been discussed on here there is speculation that Walker, who has already graduated will move on too along with Dorn. Don't wait on McKoy either. I think Lecque will end up in Raleigh, if not hold the scholly for next year & hopefully Seabron will get his academics in order & come. So, I believe if Coach should go all in on certain transfers & the guys that WANT to be here for sure. State could have a really good team if he doesn't wait too long,
-Bryce
-(Andree)
-(Smits)
-(Keeling)
-Daniels
-Beverly
-Funderburk
-Harris
-Hellems
-Bates
-Seabron
-Lecque
-(Allen)-RS
Struttingwolf96
My lineup would be:
PF Funderburk/ANDREE
SF BRYCE/Hellems
C SMITS/Bates
PG Lecque/Beverly/Harris
SG KEELING/Daniels/Seabron
curmudgeon.zen
Struttingwolf96 said:

If I was Keatts, I might pull a Herb Sendek this year. Does anyone remember when Julius Hodge was an incoming Fr. & Damien Wilkins was suppose to come back, but thought he was good enough (dont know why) to head to the NBA(old rules then). When he wanted to come back Sendek said that's no thanks & Wilkins transferred to Georgia his Senior year I believe it was. I would do that to MJ & move on. From what's been discussed on here there is speculation that Walker, who has already graduated will move on too along with Dorn. Don't wait on McKoy either. I think Lecque will end up in Raleigh, if not hold the scholly for next year & hopefully Seabron will get his academics in order & come. So, I believe if Coach should go all in on certain transfers & the guys that WANT to be here for sure. State could have a really good team if he doesn't wait too long,
-Bryce
-(Andree)
-(Smits)
-(Keeling)
-Daniels
-Beverly
-Funderburk
-Harris
-Hellems
-Bates
-Seabron
-Lecque
-(Allen)-RS

Man, you've really outdone yourself with this one, Fomby...bless your heart.
Log off. Go outside.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
There are no star transfers we can get?
TheStorm
NatePait94 said:

When it rains, it pours
Not sure anyone else did, but I knew exactly what you were talking about when I first read this...

(Obviously someone else did as well because only one of those stars is mine)
NatePait94
Lol
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
WolfpackSI
Struttingwolf96 said:

I would do that to MJ & move on.
I just gonna assume you're trolling at this point bc no one can possibly think this is a good idea. I mean I say some stupid stuff on here but damn man.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

-Bryce
-(Andree)
-(Smits)
-(Keeling)
-Daniels
-Beverly
-Funderburk
-Harris
-Hellems
-Bates
-Seabron
-Lecque
-(Allen)-RS

Yeah that's a no for me. I don't want this program run like it's an nba team waiving players. Sure if a player is so bad that he can't compete at a d1 level but like are you serious
TheStorm
^ That's only about his twentieth different version of his Basketball "list" in the last two (2) months... and don't worry there will be many more before he's done... and then at the end, he'll chortle about how he was the first to call it! (He's purely here for entertainment purposes as far as I am concerned, and it's really not even entertaining anymore at this point if I'm being completely honest)
Packfan8
Some of us stress out way too much about things that are not in our control. NC State athletics has be a passion of mine since I was a little kid but I try not to get stressed about it. At the end of the day if players transfer then they transfer if players go pro then they go pro. That's the good thing about having Keatts as our coach because he has a ton of experience of making a team last minute if need be. We have a lot of options with grad transfers if things go side ways.
Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

^ That's only about his twentieth different version of his Basketball "list" in the last two (2) months... and don't worry there will be many more before he's done... and then at the end, he'll chortle about how he was the first to call it! (He's purely here for entertainment purposes as far as I am concerned, and it's really not even entertaining anymore at this point if I'm being completely honest)
Packfan8
Friend of mine sent a screenshot of what is going on with pp vip boards and man I thought we had some crazy people on this site but they've out done you strutting
WolfPacker54
Tell MJ to kick rocks? That's the dumbest thing I've read on this website. And that's saying something.
WOLFDAC
Man...it's getting crazy up in here!!! We'll be just fine once all the dust settles...thanks for the chuckles though.
wolfpackjb
WOLFDAC said:

Man...it's getting crazy up in here!!! We'll be just fine once all the dust settles...thanks for the chuckles though.

Haven't been seeing you much around here WOLFDAC. Stick around...we need as many sane people as we can get.
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.