Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,550 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
NatePait94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When it rains, it pours
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
wolfpackjb
HungryWolf92 said:

Sheesh some of y'all are miserable

And that's putting it nicely...
IseWolf22
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I really want the Neveda 5* transfer forward
But I don't think we get him since we spent it on thomas instead and need the other scholly for next year

What you guys think?

Use every scholarship. Guys will transfer unexpectedly. Fill the roster
Struttingwolf96
Two more talented NC kids in the 2021 class are G Elijah Jamison & F Jalen McDonald. I hope Coach Keatts is already recruiting these guys to go along with Smith.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Two more talented NC kids in the 2021 class are G Elijah Jamison & F Jalen McDonald. I hope Coach Keatts is already recruiting these guys to go along with Smith.

McDonald went on an unofficial this year to the bc game i believe
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

McDonald went on an unofficial this year to the bc game i believe
Pack Pride @PackPride
FollowFollow @PackPride
More

Pack Pride Retweeted HighSchoolOT.com
NC State 2021 target Jalen McDonald visited during win over Boston College
Dunlow66
Jason JordanVerified account @JayJayUSATODAY 16m16 minutes ago
More

Tennessee offered 2020 PG @J15Cone, gave him the option to reclassify and come in the 2019 class.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

More

Tennessee offered 2020 PG @J15Cone, gave him the option to reclassify and come in the 2019 class.

Now that would be an interesting option if Lecque or Markell are gone
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

You know I been begging for a shot at Cone playing in this offense. WIsh we would make a similar offer.
Packfan8
We need to offer now so that this could be an option
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

You know I been begging for a shot at Cone playing in this offense. WIsh we would make a similar offer.
Have we not offered him at all? He's super tough and has a wicked cross over pull up. Looks like a great defender too. We better not snooze on him.
Struttingwolf96
Been snoozing on him, just like other recruits. Coach is being to picky.
pack1502
Struttingwolf96 said:

Been snoozing on him, just like other recruits. Coach is being to picky.

Too*
Dunlow66
Jason JordanVerified account @JayJayUSATODAY 2m2 minutes ago
More

Wake Forest just offered 2020 PG @J15Cone, gave him the option to reclassify and come in the 2019 class.
Luke12321
Maybe the staff feels confident that Markell will be back and Lecque is coming in for sure. And the other freshman will qualify?

Hopefully it all works out, pulling for KK.

It could end up being a mess.
PackAlpha91
I know y'all who are criticizing KK's recruiting strategy would do so much better. With that said, im trusting coach. We will be fine.
Packfan8
I could be wrong but wasn't cone a vt lean? So with no Buzz Williams it seems like any team could emerge for him so we need to hurry up and offer if Keatts feels like he can play in his system
PicklePacker
Cone is prime for the taking. Looks like Tennessee might have the slight edge atm.
Dunlow66
UVA offers McKoy
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

UVA offers McKoy

If we land him then we land him. It's hard to compete with those two programs but I think this is validation enough that Keatts is going after the right guys even if they are barely top 400 players (clearly he's better than his ranking suggests)
gopack_83
ClePack
Luke12321 said:

Maybe the staff feels confident that Markell will be back and Lecque is coming in for sure. And the other freshman will qualify?

Hopefully it all works out, pulling for KK.

It could end up being a mess.
You may be right. I hope you are right. If not and they both don't show up next season. oh boy. We may be looking back at this being the moment KK lost his job
Packfan8
There is a lot of talent between the 2020 and 2021 class that we are in pretty well with. If we fail to land our top targets in those two classes i will begin to feel worried about our recruiting but for now i have no problem with what Keatts is doing. It seems like he wants to add high school kids that fit his system and mix in a grad player each year that allows the team an opportunity to stay old.
Dunlow66
hearing we have another visitor for next weekend. Post grad big man. Name should be out soon
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

hearing we have another visitor for next weekend. Post grad big man. Name should be out soon

Could be a rotational player at 7'1'' but I don't see him giving much production. Maybe someone who can alter shots around the rim
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Could be a rotational player at 7'1'' but I don't see him giving much production. Maybe someone who can alter shots around the rim
Our offense doenst depend on a center giving much offensive production. Solid rebounder and rim protector who had his PT limited by fouls.

If we could get 20 minutes per game out of a guy like this, we are a better team, IMO.
Packfan8
Was kinda thinking the same thing, he averaged a block a game last year but I'm sure he altered more than he blocked
wolfpackjb
Hmm interesting on Smits. If we were to land both him and Andree, I wonder if that means someone like Walker would be moving on? That's alota big dudes
sf59
Rick Smits son?
1985 NCSU Grad
Smits is perfect for this current team make up. Good shot blocker/alter/rim protector. He is the type of big guy to give 18-22 minutes a game and gives our other defenders the chance to take chances and cover mistakes by patrolling the lane. He will get rebounds and on the offensive end a good passer who will help with put backs with offensive rebounds. He makes those around him better with the small things. He is a much, much taller Wyatt Walker.
1985 NCSU Grad
Yes it is his son.
Struttingwolf96
Now, with the staff looking at Smits as well to go along with Andree does that mean the staff doesn't feel as good about Andree or maybe the think Walker might be going ahead a moving on from basketball? I know last year everyone was talking about having enough pt for Walker, Bates, Funderburk, & Steere. Then as the year started it sorted itself out & it was an issue for Keatts who needed more big guys. State could have Walker, Funderburk, Andree, Smits, & Bates to make sure we have enough guys to play when refs get whistle happy.
nryanh94
Just to note: Smits averaged something like 17 and 7 against the 3 P5 teams they played this year. Wake, WVU, and T A&M
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Just to note: Smits averaged something like 17 and 7 against the 3 P5 teams they played this year. Wake, WVU, and T A&M

Also averaged 2 blocks per game vs p5 competition. Had 5 blocks at wvu this year. We need someone who can block/alter shots around the rim even if he doesnt give you 25 minutes a game. My expectations is that if he comes he will give 15 minutes a game to us.
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.