Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,137 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To me it seems like if lecque doesn't go to the draft this year then he will need two years in college to improve his game enough to get drafted. He shot horribly this year from 3 in high school, unless he improves that to above 35% in one year it will be hard for an nba team to pull the trigger on a first round pick. (Unless they have multiple late 1st round picks then it's a risk some teams will be willing to take)
wolfpacker7
Josh Hall is the "can't miss" prospect to me right now. If he wants to reclass to 2019, we gotta find a way to make room. If not, I really believe he should be the 2020 priority. I know there are some higher rated guys we're after in 2020, but in terms of positional needs and style of play fit....he's a "can't miss".
nryanh94
wolfpacker7 said:

Josh Hall is the "can't miss" prospect to me right now. If he wants to reclass to 2019, we gotta find a way to make room. If not, I really believe he should be the 2020 priority. I know there are some higher rated guys we're after in 2020, but in terms of positional needs and style of play fit....he's a "can't miss".
Think Hall stated the other day he was staying in 2020
IseWolf22
IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

Yeah, I highly doubt Lecque ever plays at NC State
I'll believe it when I see it. He shot under 30% from 3 in highschool last year. Most sites rank him around #30 in the highschool class. That's not really one and done range, so I can't see him being drafted this year.

Maybe a team will be willing to promise guaranteed money on low 2nd round pick to stash him in the G-league for 2-3 years. That's the only way I see him not going to college.
Well I've now seen him as high as #41.

https://www.nbadraft.net/2019mock_draft

I guess we will see what happens
WolfPacker54
IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

I'll believe it when I see it. He shot under 30% from 3 in highschool last year. Most sites rank him around #30 in the highschool class. That's not really one and done range, so I can't see him being drafted this year.

Maybe a team will be willing to promise guaranteed money on low 2nd round pick to stash him in the G-league for 2-3 years. That's the only way I see him not going to college.

Seems like a pretty terrible idea to skip college to be a 2nd round pick but what do I know?
nryanh94
WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

Seems like a pretty terrible idea to skip college to be a 2nd round pick but what do I know?
Well, Jarred Vanderbilt was the 41st pick in last years draft and his current salary is $838,464, and has a guaranteed contract for 3 years totaling $3,919,177. If someone offered that to you your senior year of HS would you have gone to college?
WolfPacker54
nryanh94 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

Well, Jarred Vanderbilt was the 41st pick in last years draft and his current salary is $838,464, and has a guaranteed contract for 3 years totaling $3,919,177. If someone offered that to you your senior year of HS would you have gone to college?
Yes, that's possible. It's also possible you don't make the team and flame out or spend a few years in G-league purgatory. 2nd round is super risky and most of those guys don't land on an NBA roster.
nryanh94
WolfPacker54 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

Yes, that's possible. It's also possible you don't make the team and flame out or spend a few years in G-league purgatory. 2nd round is super risky and most of those guys don't land on an NBA roster.
Well there's also the possibility you go to school and don't improve and then never get paid to play. So I guess either way you're gambling pretty hard on yourself
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

Most second round picks get guaranteed money. Doesnt matter where they end up.

Vanderbil will get 2.2 million guaranteed, even if he is cut tomorrow.

Same with the guy drafted after him, Bruce Brown. His guarantee is 2.5 million
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

Damn I had no clue that second round picks would get this kind of money. I take back what I said ealier. You can't tell me that if you were in this kids shoes that you wouldn't take a quick 2 million guaranteed even if you don't pan out
WolfPacker54
Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

When did that start happening. I was under the impression that most 2nd round guys got cut/never saw real money.
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

When did that start happening. I was under the impression that most 2nd round guys got cut/never saw real money.
When the NBA started expanding the Dleague into a real minor league. Maybe 5 years ago.

ClePack
IseWolf22 said:

IseWolf22 said:

ClePack said:

He gone. Seriously. We have little chance of keeping Lecque. Him showing up in this mock is a bad, bad sign. Combine this with the upcoming showcases he will have a chance to display himself at, and he won't be stepping foot on PNC arena's court.
TheStorm
Law of the Wolf said:

Would you rather have Lecque as a one and done or Andree as a one and done?
It may c9me to that.
(And perhaps McKoy as a traditional recruit).
Lecque... and he will play here next year... I'm not stressing over it.
TheStorm
How much $$$ does PJ still have left from his contract? Serious question.
ClePack
TheStorm said:

Law of the Wolf said:

Would you rather have Lecque as a one and done or Andree as a one and done?
It may c9me to that.
(And perhaps McKoy as a traditional recruit).
Lecque... and he will play here next year... I'm not stressing over it.
I hope so. I'm just so jaded from the million early departures we've had
Packfan8
RDUwolfpack
Packfan8 said:

that mean he can play immediately?
Packfan8
No clue, I don't even know if he would be allowed to go within conference but he should be a hot name
Struttingwolf96
I know a lot has been said about 2020 G Cam Thomas & Coach Keatts recruiting him to come to State, but is Coach Keatts still targeting 2020 G Jaden Springer from NC who is playing ball down in FL at IMG Academy?
nryanh94
Think he's still recruiting Springer, but the level of interest from Springer seemed to die down when he moved to Florida. If rick Barnes leaves Ut for UCLA you may see his interest in us pick back up though
Struttingwolf96
Thanks, I think he would be a great get. I know Thomas is a really good player, but Springer looks like he has that IT factor State has been needing.
Thunderhill
nryanh94 said:

Think he's still recruiting Springer, but the level of interest from Springer seemed to die down when he moved to Florida. If rick Barnes leaves Ut for UCLA you may see his interest in us pick back up though
Good point. UCLA is reportedly offering Barnes $5 million base salary per year not counting incentives and bonuses. Barnes is like 65 years old so if he does go, it's probably his last hurrah. His buyout at Tennessee is $5 million.He makes like $3.5 million per year there so he can eat out at any Cracker Barrel he wants either way. It would be better for State I think if he goes west.
Packfan8
WolfPacker54
Playing basketball at Bama is like playing football at UNC or Duke.
wolfpackfan00
Packfan8
He's got 4 visits available, have to think we get one, unc gets one and maybe wake gets the last
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

He's got 4 visits available, have to think we get one, unc gets one and maybe wake gets the last

Idk why he'd waste an official on schools he lives 30 minutes from
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I would imagine the perks associated with an 'official visit ' could be a part of it.

If UVA offers, I think McKoy could end up there.
TheDireWolf33
When do we think we are in the clear as far as players leaving the program via transfer?
NatePait94
Beginning of June
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Packfan8
As of now I'm taking it as a good sign that no one has announced that they're transferring. It has been weeks since our season ended and I'm sure that the staff has sat down with each player to see where they stand. But who knows someone might just wait until the semester is over to then decide
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I would imagine the perks associated with an 'official visit ' could be a part of it.

How likely are they to offer this weekend? As of now they are 1 over the scholarship limit for next year so a spot won't open up unless two players leave. Everyone expects Hunter to be gone, maybe Jerome and Guy leave but those two aren't as highly rated in the eyes of many mock drafts
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

How likely are they to offer this weekend? As of now they are 1 over the scholarship limit for next year so a spot won't open up unless two players leave. Everyone expects Hunter to be gone, maybe Jerome and Guy leave but those two aren't as highly rated in the eyes of many mock drafts
Thats the question....will they offer?

I think Ty Jerome is gone.
wufpack7
Jerome was a likely first round pick before last weekend. Now, I have to assume that he has played himself up close to being a lottery pick. I could easily see him leaving.
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.