Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,213,639 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

welppack said:

wow!

Out of no where???? So who doesn't come McKoy or Andree? Unless someone leaves one of them can't come
If coach wants them and vice versa, they will be here.

Packfan8

At first I thought why? But the more I think about it the more sense it makes for our roster
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

welppack said:

wow!

Out of no where???? So who doesn't come McKoy or Andree? Unless someone leaves one of them can't come
I'd rather have McKoy than Andree. Bringing in developmental talent should be our main goal right now as we continue to program build.

Roster is still pretty fluid. We have 9 returnees + 2 recruits + 1 transfer. That leaves us with one open scholarship but Lecque and Markell are still exploring the NBA draft. Would very well have 3 open spots. Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up taking both..
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

welppack said:

wow!

I'd rather have McKoy than Andree. Bringing in developmental talent should be our main goal right now as we continue to program build.

Roster is still pretty fluid. We have 9 returnees + 2 recruits + 1 transfer. That leaves us with one open scholarship but Lecque and Markell are still exploring the NBA draft. Would very well have 3 open spots. Wouldn't be surprised if we ended up taking both..
I'd rather have Andree in 2019 and then fill that spot with Josh Hall in 2020(or 2019) if we are talking development talent.
MBS
Somewhere along the way, I read someone's speculation that McKoy might be willing to redshirt. I wonder if that is a legit possibility . . .
wufpack7
Redshirting doesn't open up another scholarship. He would still be using one.
Packfan8

He's grown to 6'4'' now
Packfan8
McKoy has an interview for (I think) ball is life, where he was asked what schools were recruiting him and he said "N.C. state, uva and some other acc schools."
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

McKoy has an interview for (I think) ball is life, where he was asked what schools were recruiting him and he said "N.C. state, uva and some other acc schools."
C'mon lets lock him up before he goes to UVA and is All-ACC in 3 years!
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
Think he ends up at UVA if they win the title Monday. Believe Hunter will go pro, but if they lose I don't think UVA will lose anyone. So let's hope Tex.Tech wins the title. McKoy will end up at State then. It's also not good that Dixon is staying at TCU & that Andree is visiting there last. I hope we get one of these, would be really bad to miss on both.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 12h12 hours ago
More

Virginia, North Carolina and Wake Forest have all recently contacted unsigned senior big man Justin McKoy of Panther Creek HS/Team Loaded NC.
PackFansXL
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 12h12 hours ago
More

Virginia, North Carolina and Wake Forest have all recently contacted unsigned senior big man Justin McKoy of Panther Creek HS/Team Loaded NC.
UVA has not offered but some say he goes there if they do.

I dont think UNC or Wake have offered either.

Tennessee also lurking

And people were calling this a 'reach' just a few short days ago. 'Spring Recruiting' is always interesting and full of surprises. Every damn year.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Think he ends up at UVA if they win the title Monday. Believe Hunter will go pro, but if they lose I don't think UVA will lose anyone. So let's hope Tex.Tech wins the title. McKoy will end up at State then. It's also not good that Dixon is staying at TCU & that Andree is visiting there last. I hope we get one of these, would be really bad to miss on both.
No it wouldnt.

It is not "really bad to miss" on a kid who is ranked outside the top 150 and a PostGrad from Leheigh who we were not even aware of just a month ago

Perspective.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

No it wouldnt.

It is not "really bad to miss" on a kid who is ranked outside the top 150 and a PostGrad from Leheigh who we were not even aware of just a month ago

Perspective.

Is it a real possibility that we could get hall to reclassify back down to 2019 or is that not really an option?
Struttingwolf96
To me it is. Would rather miss on a kid in the top 50, than 150. Plus for State to lose a local recruit to TCU is bad imo.
Packfan8
Andree is not a local recruit, McKoy is the local recruit who is also being pursued by other local schools. Not that bad to miss on either
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

To me it is. Would rather miss on a kid in the top 50, than 150. Plus for State to lose a local recruit to TCU is bad imo.
LOL

Who gives a damn who you 'lose to' on a postgrad we had no previous connection with....it is a 'one year' player from the Patriot League, not Zion Williamson

Damn son, you worry too much
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Andree is not a local recruit, McKoy is the local recruit who is also being pursued by other local schools. Not that bad to miss on either
The 'miss' on McKoy is kind of funny to me.

No one has this kid pegged as anything more than a rotational player with some developmental talent. I'd like to have him but if not, oh well......."Hey Josh Hall, How you doin!"
Packfan8

Not sure how accurate this is but if it is the it continues shows that you win by finding players that fit your system and staying old
Packfan8
According to Josh Hall's Instagram he will not reclassify into 2019 but "will see about the second part" ( someone said to go reclassify and go to state)
nryanh94

Seems unlikely he comes
NatePait94
It is what it is
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Seems unlikely he comes
What does that tweet even mean.
NatePait94
I mean.... in the video it is him going through workouts in the "process" of NBA aspirations
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
ClePack
McKoy is like a ton of UNC fan tweets on twitter, assuming he'd like to end up there. Not sure if we're still recruiting him, but it seems UNC is his preferred destination.
ClePack
Yeah, I highly doubt Lecque ever plays at NC State
PicklePacker
NatePait94 said:

I mean.... in the video it is him going through workouts in the "process" of NBA aspirations
Says "Page doesn't exsist" for me.
PicklePacker
ClePack said:

McKoy is like a ton of UNC fan tweets on twitter, assuming he'd like to end up there. Not sure if we're still recruiting him, but it seems UNC is his preferred destination.
Damn sure is. ***. I thought we had him all but locked up. Oh well. We'll see if UNC even offers him.
WolfpackSI
A hype video most likely made by Lecque's team doesn't really tell me much. A academy coach saying hes first round talent doesn't really say much either. I'll start being concerned when he starts showing up in mock drafts as a first rounder. Hes barely showing up in the late second now. I'm still optimistic
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
IseWolf22
ClePack said:

Yeah, I highly doubt Lecque ever plays at NC State
I'll believe it when I see it. He shot under 30% from 3 in highschool last year. Most sites rank him around #30 in the highschool class. That's not really one and done range, so I can't see him being drafted this year.

Maybe a team will be willing to promise guaranteed money on low 2nd round pick to stash him in the G-league for 2-3 years. That's the only way I see him not going to college.
wufpack7
WolfpackSI said:

I'm still optimistic
3 words no long-time State fan should ever say. Just leads to heartbreak.
WolfPacker54
Ya'll are reading way too much into things...
dogplasma
From what I've read, Lecque's performance at several combines/camps this spring are likely to shape his path forward. He may or may not get drafted as it stands right now, but if he performs well at these events, that could definitely improve his standing.
Law of the Wolf
Would you rather have Lecque as a one and done or Andree as a one and done?
It may come to that.
(And perhaps McKoy as a traditional recruit).
First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.