Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,015 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kid shot 43 percent on three pointers over three seasons. 6'5 guard. Pretty much just a shooter but would be a nice option off the bench for some HM team

Evan DanielsVerified account @EvanDaniels 8m8 minutes ago
More

William & Mary guard Matt Milon is exploring a graduate transfer option. Averaged 13 PPG & 3.2 RPG last season.
Packfan8
We might keep him on the radar as a contingency plan for lecque, Johnson or both going pro
Struttingwolf96
I think the staff might need to get him on campus for a visit. Looks like he is a good 3-pt shooter like Andree. Didn't Milon play at Bost.Col as a Freshmen?
Dunlow66
Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria
FollowingFollowing @AdamZagoria
More

Sources: St. John's AD Mike Cragg met with the players today and informed them they could get releases if they want to transfer. Expect some transfers forthcoming.
williewolf
regarding McKoy and Uva; will be interesting to see if Bennett sees him being worth a slot as a developmental (possible redshirt) or whether he keeps the scholarship available to try to take advantage of his new status of championship coach and land a premier class next cycle

Packfan8
Ian Steere lol
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

regarding McKoy and Uva; will be interesting to see if Bennett sees him being worth a slot as a developmental (possible redshirt) or whether he keeps the scholarship available to try to take advantage of his new status of championship coach and land a premier class next cycle

Also a rumor that UVA wants McKoy but would prefer he do a year of prep school.

UNC still kicking the tires
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

Hard to imagine a school getting a player on an official visit and not offering. Have schools done this in the past?
ClePack
we recruiting jaden springer? Because we should be
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

Hard to imagine a school getting a player on an official visit and not offering. Have schools done this in the past?

They give a circumstantial offer where he has to redshirt that he may not be willing to do
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

We started recruiting Springer over a year ago but he moved to Flordia to go to IMG Academy and his recruitment has exploded since then. Springer has been on campus before. Coach Keatts watched him play as recently as December.

Think this could be a UNC/Tennessee battle.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

williewolf said:

UVA is one school that does things differently. Bennett will withhold the actual offer until he thinks a player will commit. Then they put on the hard sell, make the offer and get the commit all in a short timeframe.

Packfan8
Dun, what are your thoughts on Farrar? I saw on a free post by pp that we are his dream school. He's had some big numbers lately in aau
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dun, what are your thoughts on Farrar? I saw on a free post by pp that we are his dream school. He's had some big numbers lately in aau
Has to keep working on his body. Carried some extra weight but he has started reshaping himself and it shows.

Faraar looks a lot like McKoy did a year ago.
Struttingwolf96
I heard a podcast talking about Jaden Seymour. Heard the staff wants him as well, thinks he could be an outstanding defensive player. From what I heard they are prioritizing Seymour, Josh Hall, Cam Thomas, Mark Williams, Henry Coleman, & Cam Hayes(if he re-classifies). Nick Farrar is someone the coaches really like as well, could become next years Justin McKoy. Now that transfer Thomas Allen is aboard, I don't now how much it will change these players & there interest in State.
Wolfnate77

Great video interview of Justin McKoy
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

We started recruiting Springer over a year ago but he moved to Flordia to go to IMG Academy and his recruitment has exploded since then. Springer has been on campus before. Coach Keatts watched him play as recently as December.

Penny Hardaway extends a Memphis offer to Springer

Penny is stacking some serious talent at Memphis. Wonder what he can do with it.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Penny Hardaway extends a Memphis offer to Springer

Penny is stacking some serious talent at Memphis. Wonder what he can do with it.

Lose thanksgiving day lol
Dunlow66
Antonio Lowe @CoachAntonioLow
FollowFollow @CoachAntonioLow
More

Coaches Moravian Prep will be having workouts Thursday at 7:30pm

NC State staff likely to be there
Dunlow66

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

What're your thoughts on why we haven't offered
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Other guards are higher on our wish list.

Cam Thomas, Cam Hayes, Carter Whit

I think Cone would add a lot to our team. Plays so much 'bigger' than his listed height.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I think Cone would add a lot to our team. Plays so much 'bigger' than his listed height.

I'm slowly starting to not feel as good about this being overly selective approach that Keatts is doing with recruiting. I understand not wanting to go with the shotgun offer approach that Gott did, but being selective to the point you don't offer kids like Gantt, Cone, etc. until it's to late is gonna start hurting if we can't real in these 1st options
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I'm slowly starting to not feel as good about this being overly selective approach that Keatts is doing with recruiting. I understand not wanting to go with the shotgun offer approach that Gott did, but being selective to the point you don't offer kids like Gantt, Cone, etc. until it's to late is gonna start hurting if we can't real in these 1st options

I will wait to see what the 2020 class brings. Three years is long enough to build the relationships necessary to recruit at a higher level if it is going to happen, IMO.
WolfpackSI
I kind of like UVa's approach of withholding the offer until late. Makes the kid earn it in a recruiting world where kids are pretty much given whatever they want. Of course its gonna cost us some players and it did for UVa. But hey, its been working out pretty well for them.

Any chance we can take Steere back? Would he still have to sit out a year? I still like that kid a lot. Think he just got bad advice, got overwhelmed by the number of bigs on the roster, and made a emotional decision. We took Allen back and I will gladly take Ian back if he doesn't have to sit out a year.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

I kind of like UVa's approach of withholding the offer until late. Makes the kid earn it in a recruiting world where kids are pretty much given whatever they want. Of course its gonna cost us some players and it did for UVa. But hey, its been working out pretty well for them.

Any chance we can take Steere back? Would he still have to sit out a year? I still like that kid a lot. Think he just got bad advice, got overwhelmed by the number of bigs on the roster, and made a emotional decision. We took Allen back and I will gladly take Ian back if he doesn't have to sit out a year.

No shot in hell we take a kid back who quit on the team after 1 game
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

We took Allen back because his departure was a lot more understanding, he was released from his letter of intent after the coaching change and clearly there were no hard feelings between he and Keatts. If Steere were to come back that would not go over well with many fans. I wish him the best with his basketball career but doubt he ever wears an N.C. state uniform again
WolfpackSI
Eh we all make stupid mistakes when we are 18/19. Let bygones be bygones. If he comes in and kicks ass then fan base will forget all lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Eh we all make stupid mistakes when we are 18/19. Let bygones be bygones. If he comes in and kicks ass then fan base will forget all lol

And you're allowed to make mistakes, but that would be terrible for team chemistry and culture of the program. "Hey let's bring back a kid who quit on his teammate 1 game into the season" yeah that'd go over well
Struttingwolf96
Do NOT bring Steere back.
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

To be honest with you, I agree. It seems this approach has burned us is Keatts' first full recruiting year. Anymore blunders, and we could end up with a team with very little depth and talent.
Packfan8

Another grad transfer option. Hit 109 3s this year in the horizon
Struttingwolf96
Keatts needs to go ahead & offer 2020 PF Nick Farrar & C Jaylon Gibson out of NC now as well & quit waiting.
TheStorm
WolfpackSI said:

It doesn't really matter because there is no way in hell that it would ever happen... but go ahead and keep justifying it to yourself and pontificating about it anyway.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Keatts needs to go ahead & offer 2020 PF Nick Farrar & C Jaylon Gibson out of NC now as well & quit waiting.
Gibson could be an option based on potential, but I think he should be willing to redshirt if he goes HM. Dont think Farrar has done enough yet.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.