Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,232,665 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Ripper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Dont think the McKoy recruitment will last long. Could be running with the pack very soon.
Dunlow, is this kid a project? What do you believe is his progression as a contributor? Thanks.
Dunlow66
Antonio Lowe @CoachAntonioLow 2h2 hours ago
More

Team Loaded NC 17u Scoring 1st game.

2020 Josh Hall 28pts
2020 Justin Wright 16pts
2020 Dean Reiber 14pts
2020 Carter Whitt 12pts

Justin Wright is the PG for Farmville Central. I think he is going to blow up over this next AAU season.

Both Hall and Whitt are potential NC State targets.
Dunlow66
Ripper said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dont think the McKoy recruitment will last long. Could be running with the pack very soon.
Dunlow, is this kid a project? What do you believe is his progression as a contributor? Thanks.
Fast developing project. One thing he has that we need is outside shooting. Put this kid in the right offense and he can contribute.....but it may be a year or two before he really makes a big impact.

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Antonio Lowe @CoachAntonioLow 2h2 hours ago
More

Team Loaded NC 17u Scoring 1st game.

2020 Josh Hall 28pts
2020 Justin Wright 16pts
2020 Dean Reiber 14pts
2020 Carter Whitt 12pts

Justin Wright is the PG for Farmville Central. I think he is going to blow up over this next AAU season.

Both Hall and Whitt are potential NC State targets.

I like Hall's game before the McKoy development I was going to ask about the potential of Hall going back down in 2019 and redshirting next year
Packfan8
Packfan8
From the two games that I watched last season he really didn't take many jump shots but shot the ball well at the line. He didn't need to shoot it because he had about 5 inches on his defender. After watching some film it looks like he has a good midrange pull up
Dunlow66
Miles Masercola @MasercolaMiles 57m57 minutes ago
More

6'8 2020 Jaden Seymour of @Team_CLT is getting literally whatever he wants at the rim,
Starting to really gel with his new teammates here midway through game two. Has a chance for a major blow up this summer.

Struttingwolf96
This is a kid I hope State can get & keep in NC. Think he would be a good fit in Keatts system.
Packfan8
Someone told me he played like dorn but bigger. I've never seen him play but I have watched highlights and he looks more athletic to me
Packfan8
So does anyone know when we will here whether or not lecque declares for the draft. I'm expecting him to at least declare and then decide but I just don't know why he hasn't declared yet since his season has been done for a while
Struttingwolf96
I believe he's gonna be in a State jersey next year & start beside Markell Johnson in the backcourt next year. Haven't seen either one of them in any of the NBA mock drafts.
wolfpackjb
I think so too! And, quite frankly, that backcourt could be as fun as any to watch in the nation
Packfan8
I want to believe that too but all it takes is one team willing to take a risk or one person in his ear giving him bad info. I honestly think after watching the prep tournament where lecque and seabron played each other that seabron might be more impactful than lecque.
wufpack7
If not being expected to be drafted guaranteed that a kid would be/stay here, then we would have had some much better teams over the years than we did.
Packfan8
wufpack7 said:

If not being expected to be drafted guaranteed that a kid would be/stay here, then we would have had some much better teams over the years than we did.

Yep, just in recent years C.J. Leslie, Trevor Lacey, cat barber, maverick Rowan, Ted kapita...
Packfan8
So why is McKoy ranked so low? He looks talented and has a college ready body. I'm not saying that he is a top 100 player but barely being a top 400 player seems odd, especially since he holds multiple power 5 offers
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

So why is McKoy ranked so low? He looks talented and has a college ready body. I'm not saying that he is a top 100 player but barely being a top 400 player seems odd, especially since he holds multiple power 5 offers

A lot of these rankings are based on where you go to high school and what aau team you are on. That may have something to do with it? Panther Creek is just a regular high school in Cary not a basketball powerhouse Oak Hill
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

McKoy didnt have a strong AAU season but seems to play better in 'real games' with an actual team than in those AAU 'all star' runs.
Dunlow66
Rick Lewis

@Coach_Rick57
53s54 seconds ago
More
6'2 2021 Carter Whitt is or should see a significant rise in his stock, rank and recruiting.
Struttingwolf96
Hopefully with Keatts offering him pretty early & staying in contact with him will hopefully help State get him to comeb& play in Raleigh.
Packfan8

Hall and Whitt seem to be playing well
Packfan8

If you can bare to watch this you will get a look at max our 6'6'' walk on. He comes in the game for the first time with 15 minutes left in the first
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Referring to 6'7'' guard Jj miles at CFCC. They have two really good prospects that might could play high major basketball
Commits to ECU. Good spot for him.
Packfan8
From what I have read on here and twitter it sounds like it's not a matter of if McKoy picks the pack but when
nryanh94
Anything new on Cam Thomas or Hayes?
WolfpackSI
Rumors flying that Lecque has talking to UNC and his fam is looking to get him out of his LOI. Are you kidding me???!!?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Rumors flying that Lecque has talking to UNC and his fam is looking to get him out of his LOI. Are you kidding me???!!?

If he got out his loi he'd have to sit a year before he could play at UNC. So I'm gonna go with there's nothing to worry about

It's April fools
ClePack
WolfpackSI said:

ok. you got me. Jesus, that was scary LOL
Packfan8

I hope the staff offers soon and doesn't fall behind in his recruitment because it looks like his recruitment is about to explode this summer
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I hope the staff offers soon and doesn't fall behind in his recruitment because it looks like his recruitment is about to explode this summer
I expect our staff will watch every one of his AAU games this spring. That NC Team Loaded has a bunch of HM prospect on the roster.
Dunlow66
Pat Andree visiting NC State this weekend according to Evan Daniels

ETA...April 12th, NEXT weekend,
Dunlow66
Always a good sign when you get the first visit from a Post Grad Transfer.

I think we are in a really good spot here.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

I think we are in a really good spot here.
Sounds good to me... the tall (6'8"), stand-alone, high percentage 3 Pt. shooter would be a very welcome addition to this squad!
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Pat Andree visiting NC State this weekend according to Evan Daniels

ETA...April 12th, NEXT weekend,

A big need for next year is size and shooting he's checks both boxes. Would love to have him
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.