Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,877 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfpackfan00 said:

he gone
Packfan8
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Florida guards Deaundrae Ballard and Mike Okauru are transferring
Mike is originally from Raleigh
What do you guys think? Chances?

I would doubt okauru gets a look other than a walk-on spot. He's a former 3star who averaged just over a point a game this year
Packfan4life
Big graduate transfer name hit the transfer portal this morning, sources told ESPN: Charleston Southern guard Christian Keeling.

18.7 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 38.0 3PT%. First-team All-Big South.
IseWolf22
Packfan8 said:

From Keatts press conference last night he made it sound like he's expecting someone to leave. I could be reading into that too much but his tone about the transfer portal stuck with me. So if you guys had to guess who would it be? From a minutes perspective I would say Blake Harris but I doubt he will leave because of his family being close. Bryce good grad transfer but I doubt he would do that, Beverly could go closer to home and play at eastern Kentucky with Hamilton but I doubt that as well.
I did not get that at all from his presser. He simply said he'd sit down with everyone and see what they're thinking. I think he was only acknowledging that tons of guys transfer now and nothing is impossible. I doubt coaches know about every transfer before the season ends. I'm guessing a lot of guys don't talk much about it during the season, similarly how most people don't let their boss know they are unhappy while looking for another job.
jbwbubba
Dunlow66 said:

@Elite304Hoops
FollowFollow @Elite304Hoops
More

Elite 304 Hoops Retweeted Phenom Hoop Videos
2019 Chapmanville (WV) 6'8" F @DevinCollins_10 is a D1 player. Coaches need to come see this kid. Best used as a stretch 4, but can play the 3. Collins has good form on his shot to go along with range, a very high basketball IQ, has good vision and HAS GROWN 4" in the last year

Has Pack shown interest?
Packfan8
Packfan8

Big news
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Big news

According to verbal commits which might not be right, it shows TCU with 2 scholarships available for next year, we have 2 available but what's interesting is that KSU does not have a scholarship available so the coaching staff there must be expecting someone to turn pro or transfer out.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Packfan8 said:

Big news

According to verbal commits which might not be right, it shows TCU with 2 scholarships available for next year, we have 2 available but what's interesting is that KSU does not have a scholarship available so the coaching staff there must be expecting someone to turn pro or transfer out.
My understanding is KState still wants to add 2 players for next season. Not sure who is out but they are actively recruiting HS players and transfers right now for 2019-20
Dunlow66
Coach Keatts taking the lead role in this recruitment according to Andree.

ClePack
this guy honestly sounds perfect for Keatts' system
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Official visit to Oklahoma State in progress.
Dunlow66
G.Hyman @hymanprofitness 21h21 hours ago
More

UConn is visiting 2019 Derrick Quansah, a 7' Center out of Village Christian Academy and Garner Road. (Via @JustinByerly )

Dont be surprised to see UConn hitting up more and more guys from our area. They have former NCSU staff member Kenya Hunter on staff. He was at Nebraska when kids like Anton Gill, Thomas Allen and Isaac Copeland headed west.
Dunlow66
3 star SF Justin McKoy(Panther Creek HS) has decommitted from Penn State.

We showed some interest in the past. He attended NCSU bball camp this summer.
Packfan8

Packfan8
Sorry I posted the same thing without seeing your post
welppack
I see that we offered... is this guy an ACC level player (or could he develop to be)?
Packfan8
welppack said:

I see that we offered... is this guy an ACC level player (or could he develop to be)?

I watched him play vs Hoggard twice and I was kinda in between on him. I think he has potential but not there yet even though he had big numbers for panther creek
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

3 star SF Justin McKoy(Panther Creek HS) has decommitted from Penn State.

We showed some interest in the past. He attended NCSU bball camp this summer.
Might want to keep an eye on this one.
Dunlow66
@PhenomExposure
FollowFollow @PhenomExposure
More

6'8 2019 Justin McKoy of Panther Creek (NC) has de-committed from Penn State #PhenomHoops
NC State has also now offered McKoy
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

@PhenomExposure
More

6'8 2019 Justin McKoy of Panther Creek (NC) has de-committed from Penn State #PhenomHoops

Someone told me his brother or someone who he's related to works for pack pride. Is this true?
TheStorm
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

@PhenomExposure
More

Someone told me his brother or someone who he's related to works for pack pride. Is this true?
See icon at top of post.
Packfan8

Knew he had a good year but dang those are good numbers.
Packfan8
TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

@PhenomExposure
More

See icon at top of post.

PackAlpha91
Per Phenom Hoops Report:

"In terms of on-court ability, McKoy is quite intriguing and could fill a variety of different roles at
the college level. Though slimmer, he still possesses a nice amount of strength, but now has the
necessary quickness to frequently take opponents off the dribble. McKoy has built his foundation
as a faceup/stretch forward, but can also do damage on the low block. He truly fits the mold of a
three-level scorer, which is likely his best attribute. However, McKoy has done a terrific job of
building other areas of his game. His strides as a passer and playmaker have been noticeable, and
he emerged as one of the most unselfish guys on Team Loaded. He isn't going to force the action
on offense and displays a great feel for the game. McKoy's overall patience and IQ make him a
significant threat with or without the ball. Multi-tool players are becoming an increasingly
popular commodity in today's basketball, and that's where McKoy comes into play, especially
given his size. Prospects that can generate their own offense and stretch defenses without the ball
are very useful nowadays. Add in McKoy's size, and opponents are going to continue to struggle
with his offensive arsenal."

Sounds like a good fit for KK's system.

Struttingwolf96
Looking as if 2020 is gonna be a big 5 man class for the Pack & Keatts I was trying to find what kids the NC State staff might be after. If I miss someone just add them.

Offered
-SG Cameron Thomas 6-3 VA
-C Mark Williams 7-0 VA
-SG Jaden Springer 6-4 NC (goes to HS in FL)
-SF Henry Coleman 6-6 VA
-SF Jabri Abdur-Rahim 6-6 GA
-SF Jaden Seymour 6-7 NC
-PF Isaiah Todd 6-10 VA (goes to HS in NC)
-PF Terrance Williams 6-7 D.C.
-C Cliff Omoruyi 6-10 NJ
-PG Cam Hayes 6-2 NC (May reclassify?)

Not Offered yet?/Evaluating
-SG Tristan Maxwell 6-3 NC
-SG Ryan Myers 6-3 NY
-SG Marcus Bennett 6-4 ?
-PF Nick Farrar 6-7 NC
-CG Joe Bamisile 6-3 VA
-SG Earl Timberlake 6-5 MD
-C Justice Ahogbor 6-9 NC
-PG Jalen Cone 5-10 NC
-PF Josh Hall 6-9 NC
-PF/SF Cameron Stitt 6-7 NC
-PG Jacobi Wood 6-0 TN
-C Jaylon Gibson 6-10 NC
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Looking as if 2020 is gonna be a big 5 man class for the Pack & Keatts I was trying to find what kids the NC State staff might be after. If I miss someone just add them.

Offered
-SG Cameron Thomas 6-3 VA
-C Mark Williams 7-0 VA
-SG Jaden Springer 6-4 NC (goes to HS in FL)
-SF Henry Coleman 6-6 VA
-SF Jabri Abdur-Rahim 6-6 GA
-SF Jaden Seymour 6-7 NC
-PF Isaiah Todd 6-10 VA (goes to HS in NC)
-PF Terrance Williams 6-7 D.C.
-C Cliff Omoruyi 6-10 NJ
-PG Cam Hayes 6-2 NC (May reclassify?)

Not Offered yet?/Evaluating
-SG Tristan Maxwell 6-3 NC
-SG Ryan Myers 6-3 NY
-SG Marcus Bennett 6-4 ?
-PF Nick Farrar 6-7 NC
-CG Joe Bamisile 6-3 VA
-SG Earl Timberlake 6-5 MD
-C Justice Ahogbor 6-9 NC
-PG Jalen Cone 5-10 NC
-PF Josh Hall 6-9 NC
-PF/SF Cameron Stitt 6-7 NC
-PG Jacobi Wood 6-0 TN
-C Jaylon Gibson 6-10 NC

As long as the class includes cam Thomas I'm fine with whatever other players the staff fills it with.
NatePait94
Packfan8 said:

TheStorm said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

@PhenomExposure
More

See icon at top of post.

Sucks that she is an intern at PP. That whole family is gonna think we're all bat**** crazy.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
TheDireWolf33
As far as Andree and Pierce is everyone of the general consensus that Pierce would be a much better get then Andree but Andree would still be a solid score?
Dunlow66
TheDireWolf33 said:

As far as Andree and Pierce is everyone of the general consensus that Pierce would be a much better get then Andree but Andree would still be a solid score?
Not me.

Andree is a better shooter and committed fewer turnovers than Pierce. Pierce is a little better rebounder and better 'playmaker'.

Pierce, IMO, is a guy who needs the ball in his hands more than Andree does to be effective.

Andree may actually be a better fit for our team needs.
Struttingwolf96
Just read where DJ Harvey is transferring from Notre Dame, kind of surprising to me. Thought he was gonna be a starter there this coming up year.
TheDireWolf33
I want to say he was a target during Gotts last year. Interested to see, if he transfers, if an inconfernce move to State would be in play. Would be a great shooter from the Wing after a year sitting out
TheDireWolf33
I like this take. I think a big part of this is Markelle staying or going. Without Markelle we may need more of a play maker which would be great for Pierce if he stays, I think Andree would be a great stretch forward addition.
Dunlow66
JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 5h5 hours ago
More

Tennessee has extended an offer to Four-star junior Jalen Cone, a source told Stockrisers.
Dunlow66
Dont think the McKoy recruitment will last long. Could be running with the pack very soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.