Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,187 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Referring to 6'7'' guard Jj miles at CFCC. They have two really good prospects that might could play high major basketball

Kid can put the ball in the basket
I remember him from High School. He was a great scorer but at the 1A level.
Riddickulous
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Referring to 6'7'' guard Jj miles at CFCC. They have two really good prospects that might could play high major basketball
and he is from Garysburg, NC.

Bonus points if you know where it is without looking it up

Had to take a Christmas Eve emergency bathroom break traveling back to NC from my in-laws in VA at the Burger King off of 95 in Garysburg. Won't forget that experience anytime soon.
canusrufus
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

and he is from Garysburg, NC.

Bonus points if you know where it is without looking it up
Roanoke Rapids suburb.
wolfpackfan00
Packfan8
wolfpackfan00 said:

Assuming he's a grad transfer because he's played 3 years and most players don't sit 1 to play 1. 6'8'' and a career 3 pt percentage of 41% on 454 attempts.
PackAlpha91
Hit 10 3s in a game in 2016 (I would assume his Freshman year?) Seems to be a catch and shoot guy from this video but maybe he has developed a couple of moves to create his own shot.

Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Assuming he's a grad transfer because he's played 3 years and most players don't sit 1 to play 1. 6'8'' and a career 3 pt percentage of 41% on 454 attempts.
His dad played for Notre Dame.

and he is an early graduate, so he should be immediately eligible.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

His dad played for Notre Dame.

and he is an early graduate, so he should be immediately eligible.

Went through his old tweets and he used to tweet a lot about ND seems like if they pursue they will be in the drivers seat
Dunlow66
One of the Alabama post grads we have talked about on this site in the coaching change thread(Avery Johnson gone)

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops 2m2 minutes ago
More

Alabama center Daniel Giddens (RS JR) has entered the transfer portal

Grad transfer with one year to play
Dunlow66
ECU is going to need a whole new team

#ECUBasketball players KJ Davis, Tyler Foster, DeShaun Wade, Tae Hardy and Justin Whatley have all entered the transfer portal and are expected to leave the program
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

ECU is going to need a whole new team

#ECUBasketball players KJ Davis, Tyler Foster, DeShaun Wade, Tae Hardy and Justin Whatley have all entered the transfer portal and are expected to leave the program

Damn just waiting on Gardner's name to emerge
Dunlow66
Soph guard John Petty has entered the transfer portal. Another Alabama player. Would have to sit a year but he has a LOT of potential
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Soph guard John Petty has entered the transfer portal. Another Alabama player. Would have to sit a year but he has a LOT of potential

If I'm not wrong he had like 10 3's in a game his freshman year.
Edit. Just checked and that was him. I also saw that he's make 5 or more 3s in a game 9 times in his first 2 seasons
TheWhiteWolf
Wasn't State recruiting Gidden at one point? Maybe under Gotts staff
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Wasn't State recruiting Gidden at one point? Maybe under Gotts staff
He was at Oak Hill the year after the twins graduated. Before that, he was at Wheeler High in Georgia.(JJ HIckson, Richard Howell) and Gott was recruiting him and Jaylen Brown at Wheeler.
wolfpackfan00
Struttingwolf96
I think he would be a really good fit for State, good 3-pt shooter. Hope Keatts reaches out to him. He could be the replacement for Bryce when he graduates next year.
Struttingwolf96
Probably gonna end up at unc now. Will probably start, seeing they are gonna loose 5 of their top 6 players & will have a need at SF. Wouldnt get my hopes up for Tucker to come to State. Like to see State end up with Petty & the big kid from Vermont.
WolfpackSI
Giddens stats are pretty underwelming for a 6'11 dude
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
Meant to say big man from Belmont, sorry.
Packfan8
Bama made a good hire in Nate oats. Hope he doesn't start stilling recruits/grad transfers. I wonder if this hire sways Gary one way or the other?
welppack
Packfan8
welppack said:

It'll be interesting to see if the staff goes after him or not. I wouldn't be totally against it because I understand why he decommitted but at the same time he's 6'1'' and will be on scholarship for 3 years to play 2
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

welppack said:

It'll be interesting to see if the staff goes after him or not. I wouldn't be totally against it because I understand why he decommitted but at the same time he's 6'1'' and will be on scholarship for 3 years to play 2

Probably some bad blood from last time. Never knew if Thomas just wanted to look around or if KK took away his scholly. Still think he would have been a great player for us.

I feel like coaching change should really be a qualification for hardship waiver.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Was kinda wondering the same thing when Keatts took over but I never knew and honestly forgot all about it until you brought it up lol
Packfan8
This is from a Carolina board
SherrellMcMillan
53 mins
Note in our interview with Tucker, he claimed that Roy Williams offered him during their conversation today. We were unable to independently confirm a UNC offer for Tucker, but it's immaterial at this point. UNC is clearly interested, as evidenced by the phone call from Roy Williams, and will begin the process with him next month
Packfan8
Also I just read that Tucker was arrested on marijuana charges while at fgcu and that's why Dooley gave him the boot. Would this impact whether or not a grad program accepts him or does that not really matter?
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Guys 2 or 3 players from Florida just transferred out the program and one of the players is from raleigh originally...any chance? I love this time of year
PackFansXL
Packfan8 said:

Also I just read that Tucker was arrested on marijuana charges while at fgcu and that's why Dooley gave him the boot. Would this impact whether or not a grad program accepts him or does that not really matter?
Certainly immaterial at uncch. Kid could do virtually anything and still gain and maintain eligibility over there.
Packfan8
From Keatts press conference last night he made it sound like he's expecting someone to leave. I could be reading into that too much but his tone about the transfer portal stuck with me. So if you guys had to guess who would it be? From a minutes perspective I would say Blake Harris but I doubt he will leave because of his family being close. Bryce good grad transfer but I doubt he would do that, Beverly could go closer to home and play at eastern Kentucky with Hamilton but I doubt that as well.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

From Keatts press conference last night he made it sound like he's expecting someone to leave. I could be reading into that too much but his tone about the transfer portal stuck with me. So if you guys had to guess who would it be? From a minutes perspective I would say Blake Harris but I doubt he will leave because of his family being close.

I think you might be reading a little to much into it. Jmo though, in today's game what the heck knows
Dunlow66
Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 13m13 minutes ago
More

According to Garner Road Director Dwayne West, ECU and Xavier have been in contact regarding Nebraska transfer Thomas Allen.
Dunlow66
TeamFeltonSports @TeamFeltonBBall 2h2 hours ago
More

Baylor, Stanford and UNC Charlotte were in this morning to see 2020 PG Jalen Cone @J15Cone #TFF #TeamFeltonBasketball #GBMS
Dunlow66
@Elite304Hoops
FollowFollow @Elite304Hoops
More

Elite 304 Hoops Retweeted Phenom Hoop Videos
2019 Chapmanville (WV) 6'8" F @DevinCollins_10 is a D1 player. Coaches need to come see this kid. Best used as a stretch 4, but can play the 3. Collins has good form on his shot to go along with range, a very high basketball IQ, has good vision and HAS GROWN 4" in the last year!

MarOdoxPhoenician7
Florida guards Deaundrae Ballard and Mike Okauru are transferring
Mike is originally from Raleigh
What do you guys think? Chances?
First Page Last Page
Page 126 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.