Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,711 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So just to confirm coach k wasted Joey bakers redshirt to play him 18 minutes this year. I hate it for the kid because he now only has 3 years to play but as a state fan I'm not complaining that we only have to see him for 3 years
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Pat Andree visiting NC State this weekend according to Evan Daniels

ETA...April 12th, NEXT weekend,
Given the teams he mentioned were in his top 3, I have to believe he will be committing here. If Notre Dame was one of the top three, then not so much.
Dunlow66
Thunderhill said:

Dunlow66 said:

Given the teams he mentioned were in his top 3, I have to believe he will be committing here. If Notre Dame was one of the top three, then not so much.
The rumored top 3 were NC State, Kansas State and TCU. Dont think it was ever confirmed.
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

WolfpackSI said:

Rumors flying that Lecque has talking to UNC and his fam is looking to get him out of his LOI. Are you kidding me???!!?
ok. you got me. Jesus, that was scary LOL
Sorry couldn't help myself
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Thunderhill
Dunlow66 said:

Thunderhill said:

Dunlow66 said:

The rumored top 3 were NC State, Kansas State and TCU. Dont think it was ever confirmed.
10-4. I like State's chances given those options. Hopefully there are no others. My concern was ND because I understand his dad went there back in the day.
PicklePacker
Need him badly
Packfan8

Speak of the devil. Keatts must read these boards lol. Kansas also reached out today
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

Speak of the devil. Keatts must read these boards lol

Could this kid possibly reclass?
Packfan8
I believe so because he reclassified into 2020 from the 2019 class in the fall
Packfan8
I'm not saying his game is similar to Patrick Williams but from what I keep reading on twitter he's about to blow up like Patrick Williams did last year around this time from outside the top 100 to a top 50-75 player
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I'm not saying his game is similar to Patrick Williams but from what I keep reading on twitter he's about to blow up like Patrick Williams did last year around this time from outside the top 100 to a top 50-75 player
Patrick Williams went even higher. Borderline 5 star
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I hope the staff offers soon and doesn't fall behind in his recruitment because it looks like his recruitment is about to explode this summer
I expect our staff will watch every one of his AAU games this spring. That NC Team Loaded has a bunch of HM prospect on the roster.
Well that didnt take long
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I was speaking about the immediate jump in rankings. I believe last year in April Williams went from 113 to in the 60s. That might be what happens to hall. Doubt Hall will be a borderline 5 star when it's all said and done but who knows
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Wow thats so damn depressing. Would have loved a 4 man class of JL+Pat Williams+Seabron+ McKoy
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
williewolf
^^ could have probably had excellent class but timing was an issue...........coaches thought they had 2 slots not 4 due to the timing of the transfers

had to wait on moore and williams to decide as they were the picks of the NC class ; and by then guys like witherspoon were not gettable but with more spaces available early then maybe

coaching staff has adjusted well it seems
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

Speak of the devil. Keatts must read these boards lol

Could this kid possibly reclass?
He needs to get bigger and stronger.

TheWhiteWolf
Packfan8 said:

So just to confirm coach k wasted Joey bakers redshirt to play him 18 minutes this year. I hate it for the kid because he now only has 3 years to play but as a state fan I'm not complaining that we only have to see him for 3 years
THIS!!! Why is this not talked about with more coaches, they got the kid to graduate early, giving up his All American status just to come ride the bench and then they burned a potential redshirt for garbage time? I can only feel so bad for the kid since he chose that but geez talk about wasted potential
Packfan8
Lecque has submitted paper work to the draft. Not surprised by this at all, still think after he gets evaluated that he comes to state
Dunlow66
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26422764/nc-state-recruit-lecque-explores-nba-eligibility
Packfan8
Lecque shot 26% from 3 this past year. Doubt that gets him drafted
Dunlow66

Josh Hall highlights with Team Loaded
NatePait94
I'd draft markell over lecque easily. With that said, if lecque goes to draft, I'd do the same if I was markell. Obviously I'm not them and obviously I have no idea what feedback they'll garner
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Packfan8
NatePait94 said:

I'd draft markell over lecque easily. With that said, if lecque goes to draft, I'd do the same if I was markell. Obviously I'm not them and obviously I have no idea what feedback they'll garner
I would too. Better shooter, similar explosiveness except Johnson is smaller.
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

NatePait94 said:

I would too. Better shooter, similar explosiveness except Johnson is smaller.

Johnson is explosive but he is not Lecque explosive. Throw in Lecque is about 3 inches taller and has a 6"8 wingspan, and you see why he has a higher draft potential
TheStorm
NatePait94 said:

Neither one would get drafted right now. But both should go through the free process to gain feedback on what they need to work on to get drafted the next season.
RyanMB
With it looking like Jerry Stackhouse will become the new coach at Vanderbilt, what kind of impact on recruiting do you think this will have on the area? It worries me honestly.
Law of the Wolf
So , according to Jeff Goodman, State is recruiting at least four grad transfers:

Pat Andree, 6-8, 225, F, Lehigh
Stats: 12.9 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 42% 3-pointers
Schools: NC State, TCU, Kansas State, USC, Duquesne, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Illinois.

Christian Keeling, 6-4, 175, G, Charleston Southern
Stats: 18.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 38% 3-pointers
Schools: Louisville, Texas Tech, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Memphis, NC State, Maryland, Ole Miss, Colorado, Georgetown, Nevada, Butler, Arizona, Cincinnati, Boston College, Tennessee, Texas, Charleston Southern, Gonzaga

Justin Pierce, 6-7, 215, F, William & Mary
Stats: 14.9 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 4.1 apg
Schools: Notre Dame, Ohio State, North Carolina, Michigan, Northwestern, Stanford, NC State, Gonzaga

Rayjon Tucker, 6-5, 210, SG, Little Rock
Stats: 20.3 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 41% 3-pointers
Schools: Louisville, South Carolina, Memphis, NC State, Auburn, North Carolina, Auburn, Oregon, Texas Tech, Nevada, Iowa State, Gonzaga, Grand Canyon, Ole Miss, USC, Tennessee, West Virginia

We may be looking at others as well

And, it appears we have offered McCoy.

Question: are we better off taking two graduate transfers or one and a HS player who may not play much and might even redshirt. Taking two grad transfers probably makes us stronger next year but continues a pattern of living year to year. But, it also gives us an additional scholarship for 2020 where we are apparently recruiting well. And, if Lecque comes to State as I suspect he will, his scholarship is likely open in 2020.

To my knowledge no one from State has yet indicated they are transferring or putting their name in the NBA (except Lecque), so that is positive. I would expect players transferring want to get their name in the portal early to maximize opportunities. Yet, we seem to be recruiting like their might be 3 scholarships available instead of 2.

Packfan8
Not to speculate about Juwan Gary but from reading twitter every other Bama commit has confirmed their commitment to Alabama but Gary has yet to say anything about his commitment to them
wolfpackfan00

Official
WolfpackSI
Juwan Gary VS Thomas Allen...who would you take?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
unreal13
Juwan Gary hands down
WolfpackSI
unreal13 said:

Juwan Gary hands down
Yea agreed, he can play immediately and can make a big impact. Hellems and Gary would be a nightmare to handle on the wings with their athleticism.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
I would take Gary but if he doesn't ask out of his LOI then it doesn't matter. If he were to ask out I would bet that it becomes a battle between us and USC
ge_traveler
Anything available with Buzz Williams headed to Texas A&M?
Dunlow66
ge_traveler said:

Anything available with Buzz Williams headed to Texas A&M?
Only kid we could really take(not that we have a shot) is a Post grad transfer. Kerry Blackshear fits the bill.

Recruits have signed LOI's. ACC hasnt approved any appeals in the past on that conference rule, even with a coaching change.

Most of their real talent will be moving on as seniors(Robinson, Hill, Outlaw) or to the NBA (Nic Walker). That leaves Blackshear
First Page Last Page
Page 129 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.