Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,122 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ripper said:

Can Cone hit a jumper? If yes, sign him up quick.
Very good shooter

Averaging 26 PPG and 6.5 APG as a junior
HungryWolf92
I know this doesn't deal with recruiting...but damn I hope we beat the holes by 24 or 25 lol
Thunderhill
HungryWolf92 said:

I know this doesn't deal with recruiting...but damn I hope we beat the holes by 24 or 25 lol
Given the VT game, that might require a shutout.
Packfan8
Can we please get these recruits on campus now
ClePack
need shooters. Daniels can't shoot. Lecque can't shoot. Hellems can't shoot. Our roster construction as it stands is poor
Struttingwolf96
Please no more transfers after Kilkeya-Jones next year. Would rather have Keatts build the team another way. Bryce & Daniels had WAY to much hype to them & have been disapponiting.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Please no more transfers after Kilkeya-Jones next year. Would rather have Keatts build the team another way. Bryce & Daniels had WAY to much hype to them & have been disapponiting.

Agreed Daniels was way overhyped during his redshirt season, maybe he can get it together but we're 20+ games into the season and he's maybe played well in 3-4 games. I think if they miss on brown they will target a sharp shooter in the grad transfer market.
Dunlow66
Some rumors that Christian Brown will visit Illinois this weekend.Nothing confirmed yet.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

never going to happen.

Transfers are a big part of the recruiting landscape rignt now and I doubt Keatts changes his approach.
TheStorm
Oh, good god. Just when you thought it might be safe to get back in the water...
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Agreed Daniels was way overhyped during his redshirt season, maybe he can get it together but we're 20+ games into the season and he's maybe played well in 3-4 games. I think if they miss on brown they will target a sharp shooter in the grad transfer market.

Lets not put all the blame the transfers when Markell looks like he can't even play ACC caliber ball anymore. Idk what happened to that dude but somethings off. Maybe its the back injury or maybe it's something else.

Starting to think we aren't gonna make the tourney if Markell doesn't get himself right
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TriangleDreamer
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Lets not put all the blame the transfers when Markell looks like he can't even play ACC caliber ball anymore. Idk what happened to that dude but somethings off. Maybe its the back injury or maybe it's something else.

Starting to think we aren't gonna make the tourney if Markell doesn't get himself right

Agree with this assessment. Kells is not playing at all like he did pre-injury and as he goes, so seems to go our team. If he cannot shake off whatever is going on then I fear we will struggle.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
Packfan8
TriangleDreamer said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Agree with this assessment. Kells is not playing at all like he did pre-injury and as he goes, so seems to go our team. If he cannot shake off whatever is going on then I fear we will struggle.

Hope Markell gets it together but I did like what I saw from Harris yesterday, he's not as gifted offensively but he can defend the ball really well. If he gets his offense clicking over the summer that would be huge
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

TriangleDreamer said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Hope Markell gets it together but I did like what I saw from Harris yesterday, he's not as gifted offensively but he can defend the ball really well. If he gets his offense clicking over the summer that would be huge
I wasnt that impressed with Harris before we picked him up.....less impressed now.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

TriangleDreamer said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I wasnt that impressed with Harris before we picked him up.....less impressed now.
good thing we let saddiq bey go for him...? Jesus, what a mistake
wufpack7
What? Bey and Harris had nothing to do with each other. We absolutely wanted to keep Bey, but he wanted out.
Packfan8
wufpack7 said:

What? Bey and Harris had nothing to do with each other. We absolutely wanted to keep Bey, but he wanted out.

Yep Bey would have been huge for this team, I believe he wanted out because Hamilton took the job for eastern Kentucky and he was afraid that nc state would get punished by the ncaa. The coaches knew that and picked up Lockett in the grad transfer market to replace that available scholarship
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

wufpack7 said:

Yep Bey would have been huge for this team, I believe he wanted out because Hamilton took the job for eastern Kentucky and he was afraid that nc state would get punished by the ncaa. The coaches knew that and picked up Lockett in the grad transfer market to replace that available scholarship
seriously? Didn't know that. Lame as hell that he feared NCAA sancrions...NCAA can't do anything anymore.
Packfan8

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Some rumors that Christian Brown will visit Illinois this weekend.Nothing confirmed yet.
Official or unofficial?
Packfan8

Dunlow66
Illinois looking like more of a threat to land Christian Brown than Pitt right now.....
Packfan8
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I hear the rumors of the intials rumors being unfounded are just rumors at this time.

Packfan8
His recruitment has been a roller coaster to say the least
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I hear the rumors of the intials rumors being unfounded are just rumors at this time.

Packfan8
I have no inside info but I would think that if he doesn't visit either Pitt or Illinois this weekend that it's a good sign for state. I believe that this is his last free weekend before March but I could be wrong
metcalfmafia
Struttingwolf96
He has officially visited UNLV, Georgia, Clemson, & is rumored to be visiting Illinois this weekend, who has really pushed hard for him since his Oak Hill teammate Kofi Cockburn committed to them a month or two back. If he does he still will have one visit left & it's been talked about either Pitt or State are the ones that will get it. I would rather be the last school to his final visit, since he reminds me of JR Walker in his recruitment. Remember, he has already unofficially visited State back in September of 2017. That has been a while back, but he has been on campus so he has a little knowingness of Raleigh. Still think he ends up coming to the Pack.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

He has officially visited UNLV, Georgia, Clemson, & is rumored to be visiting Illinois this weekend, who has really pushed hard for him since his Oak Hill teammate Kofi Cockburn committed to them a month or two back. If he does he still will have one visit left & it's been talked about either Pitt or State are the ones that will get it. I would rather be the last school to his final visit, since he reminds me of JR Walker in his recruitment. Remember, he has already unofficially visited State back in September of 2017. That has been a while back, but he has been on campus so he has a little knowingness of Raleigh. Still think he ends up coming to the Pack.

Honestly think he'll use both OVs for Illinois and Pitt and take and unofficial here. Oak Hill is 6 hours from Pittsburgh, 10+ from Illinois and only about 3 from Raleigh.
TheWhiteWolf
What kind of style does Illinois play? Not sure if he really fits in with Pitt does he?
PackFansXL
TheWhiteWolf said:

What kind of style does Illinois play? Not sure if he really fits in with Pitt does he?
Anyone can learn to undercut, flop, or flail. Practice your FTs and you're good to go at Pitt.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Honestly think he'll use both OVs for Illinois and Pitt and take and unofficial here. Oak Hill is 6 hours from Pittsburgh, 10+ from Illinois and only about 3 from Raleigh.
Latest on Brown is 'coming to Illinois in a couple of weeks' but no definite timetable. I would agree thate he likely OVs because of the distance.
Packfan8

Packfan8

Lol and it gets even crazier
I believe that he's from Columbia or near there so he might just be visiting while he's home but it's interesting for this to come out of nowhere
Struttingwolf96
Remember he had SC in his Final 7 at the time back in 2018. A little bit more troubling to me even if it is an unofficial visit, it is an in-State school from SC though. This worries me more than him going visit Pitt or Illinois. Still believing that Keatts can get him to Raleigh.
First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.