Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,308 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
wufpack7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lecque not even considered one of the top 32 in his class, and he's looking to be picked in the top 32 of ALL draft eligible guys? Screw Danny Ainge and his 10 first round picks. Would Lecque be the lowest rated high schooler/5th year guy to ever be drafted in the first round? Fantastic. Heck, I'd bet even money that no matter what Ainge promises Lecque, someone unexpected will be available in that spot and Jalen falls to the second round with no guaranteed contract.
ClePack
wufpack7 said:

Lecque not even considered one of the top 32 in his class, and he's looking to be picked in the top 32 of ALL draft eligible guys? Screw Danny Ainge and his 10 first round picks. Would Lecque be the lowest rated high schooler/5th year guy to ever be drafted in the first round? Fantastic. Heck, I'd bet even money that no matter what Ainge promises Lecque, someone unexpected will be available in that spot and Jalen falls to the second round with no guaranteed contract.
yeah, it just doesn't add up for him jumping straight to the NBA right now. Like you said, there are proven college guys that will be more appealing to an NBA GM than a skinny college kid. Also, Ainge's team is loaded with talent. There's not much room for anyone, let alone a young kid trying to prove himself
Dunlow66
If drafted, Lecque would probably be sent to a Gleague affiliate for at least one...maybe two years.

I dont think anyone feels like he is ready to be on an active NBA roster.
gopack_83
ClePack said:

wufpack7 said:

yeah, it just doesn't add up for him jumping straight to the NBA right now. Like you said, there are proven college guys that will be more appealing to an NBA GM than a skinny college kid. Also, Ainge's team is loaded with talent. There's not much room for anyone, let alone a young kid trying to prove himself

Lots of valid points but then again last year Anfernee Simons was selected in the late first round by Portland and he was a good bit skinnier than Lecque.
98pack
Here is a link to the aggregate draft rankings. Lecque is ranked 60.

https://hoopshype.com/2019/01/22/nba-mock-draft-big-board-rumor-update-prospects/
Packfan8
https://ncstate.rivals.com/news/hoophall-classic-four-star-christian-brown-finding-his-groove
Law of the Wolf
Wasn't Luke Maye projected in the draft last year? I don't see him here. Has Roy coached another player right out of the draft? Any UNClayer projected should learn a lesson and go now before Roy coaches him up.
wufpack7
Dunlow66 said:

If drafted, Lecque would probably be sent to a Gleague affiliate for at least one...maybe two years.

I dont think anyone feels like he is ready to be on an active NBA roster.

Oh, I'm not arguing about what decision any player or team should make, mostly just venting frustration that OUR guy who is ranked where no one in their right mind would typically think had a shot at getting drafted, seems to have a shot at getting drafted and we are likely to suffer for it. I don't typically buy into "NC State ****", but if it does exist this is a prime example.
Dunlow66
Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 5h5 hours ago
More

Five-star junior Isaiah Todd considers a move into the 2019 class, potential visit to Kentucky in the works, sources tell @Rivals
RDUwolfpack
Dunlow66 said:

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 5h5 hours ago
More

Five-star junior Isaiah Todd considers a move into the 2019 class, potential visit to Kentucky in the works, sources tell @Rivals
Wow.
NatePait94
Is Todd the guy that even last year they were saying he would be #1 in his class no matter which one it ended up being?
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Is Todd the guy that even last year they were saying he would be #1 in his class no matter which one it ended up being?
top 10 talent. Not #1 overall.
NatePait94
Gotcha
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
pack1502
He is not considering state, right?
nryanh94
pack1502 said:

He is not considering state, right?

Don't think we're recruiting him because of the Eric Leak connection
Packfan8
Wichita state has offered Christian Brown, have to think they have no chance right?
NatePait94
Packfan8 said:

Wichita state has offered Christian Brown, have to think they have no chance right?

Not as good of a chance they would've had if they had stayed in the other conference
Packfan8
Pitt pages seem to believe that Illinois is no longer in the running for brown does anyone know how accurate this is
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Pitt pages seem to believe that Illinois is no longer in the running for brown does anyone know how accurate this is

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/01/29/pitt-panther-talk-news-on-mj-devonshire-pitt-football-and-hoops-recruiting/
At the 7:35 mark in the video is where this guy says that Christian brown is down to Pitt and state, I don't know who he is or how much knowledge he has but thought it was interesting
Packfan8
Josh Hall who I mentioned a few months ago is slowly gaining some attraction with high majors now that he reclassified to 2020. He's a big guard/wing like Keatts likes. Just picked up an offer from wake and Rutgers to go with his offer from Providence a few weeks back
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Josh Hall who I mentioned a few months ago is slowly gaining some attraction with high majors now that he reclassified to 2020. He's a big guard/wing like Keatts likes. Just picked up an offer from wake and Rutgers to go with his offer from Providence a few weeks back

And now Oklahoma state is added to his list of offers
nryanh94
Cone is visiting today
Packfan8
https://cbbtoday.com/now/north-carolina-state-wolfpack-to-host-2020-4-star-jalen-cone/
Packfan8
Cam Hayes will also be at today's game
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Cone is visiting today
FINALLY.

This guy has been one of my favorites for a couple of years now.

Great potential and rising up the rankings with each update.
Dunlow66
Miles Masercola @MasercolaMiles 2h2 hours ago
More

6'7 2020 Nick Farrar of Apex Friendship tells me that he will be going on an unofficial visit to NC State today.
Packfan8
So I assume cone and Hayes never step foot on campus again lol jk
ClePack
what an insanely bad game for recruits to come to. Man this sucks
Packfan8
Help is on the way, it seems like a long shot for lecque to enter the draft since he's not even showing up on any draft boards
Dunlow66
Jalen Cone will be visiting Tennessee on March 2nd. He says he wants to make a decision before his senior season

https://stockrisers.com/2019/02/03/jalen-cone-plans-visit-to-tennessee-discusses-recruitment-and-potential-commitment-timeline/

also scored his 2000th point in HS ball a couple of days ago.

Harold Cone @CoachCone15
FollowFollow @CoachCone15
More

Proud of this young man scoring his 2000 high school point tonight against Atkins. Walkertown is Ballin.

Dunlow66
Very good 'read' on Jalen Cone

http://jmbrooks17.blogspot.com/2018/12/jiant-purpose.html?m=1
Struttingwolf96
Wish State would offer this young man, if they dont gotta feeling he's gonna make us regret it like Devonte Graham & Chris Clemmons. Cone, though not as athletic, reminds me of Terrell McIntyre from Radford who played at Clemson years back.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Wish State would offer this young man, if they dont gotta feeling he's gonna make us regret it like Devonte Graham & Chris Clemmons. Cone, though not as athletic, reminds me of Terrell McIntyre from Radford who played at Clemson years back.

I remember watching clemmons at millbrook and just wondering how the hell he committed to campbell
Ripper
Can Cone hit a jumper? If yes, sign him up quick.
Struttingwolf96
Meant to say *Raeford.
First Page Last Page
Page 112 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.