Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,243 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
TheStorm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't forget everyone !!! Strutter was the first one affiliated with any NC State message boards anywhere that called the Lecque signing !!! (Even though he had been openly discussed here for months already at that point).

A Legend in his own mind if there ever was one.

And "Comic Relief" would be the more apt term that applies here... there is certainly nothing to have any animosity about.
TheStorm
Struttingwolf96 said:

All I did is state on here that I thought Brown would end up coming to State. The same way I did about Lecque. It's only of what I have read & heard from other people. I have been told not to post stuff from other sites so I dont say where I might hear stuff from & no it's not premium. A lot of experts on here had Brown going to either Georgia or Clemson, when State was still in it. So-called experts have also predicted players going to certain schools & ending up somewhere else, but never get asked about it when they are wrong. I dont know everything that goes on with recruiting, but when I do I try to share the info when I hear it. The only guy I heard State was sure to get & was wrong was Williams going to FSU. I felt pretty good on calling Lecque to State when others said he would eventually go to a blue blood school. Now I've been saying Brown to State for a minute, but now that the CB says it everyone is surprised. I don't do this with every player State is after, didn't even know about Seabron. I just want to know where has it been said on here that Brown was coming to State, other than me bringing his name back up?

You really believe yourself even... that's the most pathetic part about all of your antics.

I wouldn't trade the entertainment value for anything though...

WolfpackSI
Last night re-enforced my concern about Harris. No Markell and only 3 minutes for Blake. Blake has shown he can play the press really well but looks inept on offense.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
He will come along it does still look like he's hurting, during a timeout last night it looked like he was rubbing his hip and in previous games I have seen him with a hot pad on it.
tripchuck
Heating pad won't help his decision making. Maybe experience helps this or maybe he never gets it.
wolfpackjb
Was just looking up some recruiting related things and came across something interesting: Seabron is actually KK 3rd highest ranked recruit, behind Lecque and Bates on 247 sports. He is a little higher than Hellems. I really was not sure if Seabron would get much time next year, but based on rankings I am assuming (possibly incorrectly) that he could have a similar impact as Hellems has had so far this year. Of course they are different players, but it is exciting to know that although Seabron seemingly came out of nowhere, he very well could be ready to contribute as early as next year (reminds me a little of the pickup of Eric Lockett).
nryanh94
wolfpackjb said:

Was just looking up some recruiting related things and came across something interesting: Seabron is actually KK 3rd highest ranked recruit, behind Lecque and Bates on 247 sports. He is a little higher than Hellems. I really was not sure if Seabron would get much time next year, but based on rankings I am assuming (possibly incorrectly) that he could have a similar impact as Hellems has had so far this year. Of course they are different players, but it is exciting to know that although Seabron seemingly came out of nowhere, he very well could be ready to contribute as early as next year (reminds me a little of the pickup of Eric Lockett).

Batts was higher as well
WolfpackSI
Heres a little updated tracker I keep:

Grad transfers/Seniors (0 yr Eligibility)(2): Torin Dorn, Eric Lockett

Juniors (1 yr eligibility)(3): Markell Johnson, CJ Bryce, Wyatt Walker

Sophomores (2 yr eligibility)(4): Braxton Beverly, Derek Funderburk, Devon Daniels, Blake Harris

Freshman (3 yr eligibility)(2): Manny Bates, Jericole Hellems

Transitional Transfers(1): Sacha Killeya-Jones(2 yr eligibility)

2019 Recruits(2): Jalen Leque, Dereon Seabron

Scholarships available for 2019: 1

Guards(4): Jalen Lecque, Markell Johnson, Braxton Beverly, Blake Harris
Wings(4): Devon Daniels, CJ Bryce, Jericole Hellems, Dereon Seabron
Bigs(4): Wyatt Walker, Manny Bates, Derek Funderburk, Sacha Killeya-Jones

-----------------------

We probably have more like 2-3 scholarships available because of both Jalen and Markells' NBA status.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RDUwolfpack
WolfpackSI said:

Sophomores (2 yr eligibility)(4): Braxton Beverly, Derek Funderburk, Devon Daniels, Blake Harris

-----------------------

We probably have more like 2-3 scholarships available because of both Jalen and Markells' NBA status.

I just won't see WW having a role next year behind DJ/SKJ/Bates. Would he transfer again?
Packfan8
I believe that you have to have a waiver to grad transfer twice but I could be wrong
PicklePacker
He could retire. The way Fundy fouls there will likely be some minutes for WW.
WolfpackSI
RDUpackfan said:

WolfpackSI said:

-----------------------

I just won't see WW having a role next year behind DJ/SKJ/Bates. Would he transfer again?
Bates is recovering from shoulder surgery and is still raw
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
Wyatt Walker will get minutes. Big men dont have the stamina as a smaller guy. I dont think it is possible. I think we will see our bigs rotated more than we do now. I'd think the most minutes one of our bigs will get next year is around 20 minutes a game, if that. Maybe closer towards 17-18 minutes. Depending on how Manny Bates heals up and performs, I could see him averaging sub-10 minutes per game.
williewolf
WolfpackSI said:

-----------------------

wouldn't Bates still have 4 yrs of eligibility?
NatePait94
Yes. Bates has 4 years to play if he wants it. IF he is here his 4th year, you would assume that he would be a MONSTER
PackDaddy
I'm going to use that line with the ladies. It might not be big but it will last!
bigred
PackDaddy said:

I'm going to use that line with the ladies. It might not be big but it will last!
Pack31
WolfpackSI said:

-----------------------

Markell nba status? I'd be shocked if he's drafted. Maybe overseas, if he's intent on leaving, but, unless he drastically improves (becomes consistent), I can't see him being drafted. Jmo though.
WolfpackSI
Pack31 said:

WolfpackSI said:

-----------------------

Markell nba status? I'd be shocked if he's drafted. Maybe overseas, if he's intent on leaving, but, unless he drastically improves (becomes consistent), I can't see him being drafted. Jmo though.
Wouldn't be the first player to leave too early. Doesn't mean we won't go,

Ya Bates has 4 years of eligibility left technically. I was gonna add a footnote but forgot
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Seabron's team will be playing Monday vs unc jv if anyone wanted a look at him in person
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Seabron is still rising in the rankings

This is from Eric Bossi

DEREON
SEABRON
RANK
N/A
6'4" | 180 LBS | PG
MASSANUTTEN MILITARY ACADEMY
NORFOLK, VA
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
1/14/2019
NC STATE
Why he is on the rise: Seabron has impressed this winter because of size and athleticism. He's a quick ball-handler who can get downhill in a hurry and he's got the potential to become a defensive stopper at the point, shooting guard and small forward positions at the college level.

Recruitment: Committed to NC State.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

This is from Eric Bossi

DEREON
SEABRON
RANK
N/A
6'4" | 180 LBS | PG
NORFOLK, VA
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
1/14/2019
NC STATE
Why he is on the rise: Seabron has impressed this winter because of size and athleticism. He's a quick ball-handler who can get downhill in a hurry and he's got the potential to become a defensive stopper at the point, shooting guard and small forward positions at the college level.

He's technically 1 year removed from high school, right? Hope he doesnt rise too much and we have another Anfernee Simon/Jalen Lecque situation on our hands lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

This is from Eric Bossi

DEREON
SEABRON
RANK
N/A
6'4" | 180 LBS | PG
NORFOLK, VA
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
1/14/2019
NC STATE

He's technically 1 year removed from high school, right? Hope he doesnt rise too much and we have another Anfernee Simon/Jalen Lecque situation on our hands lol

You don't have to worry about that lol
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackjb said:

This is from Eric Bossi

DEREON
SEABRON
RANK
N/A
6'4" | 180 LBS | PG
NORFOLK, VA
CLASS OF 2019

VERBAL COMMIT
1/14/2019
NC STATE

You don't have to worry about that lol
I know, I know..do you see what being an NC State fan has done to me?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
We picked up another cb for Christian brown today, looks to be another piggyback pick
Packfan8
https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/01/21/pitt-heavily-recruiting-4-star-forward-christian-brown/
Looks like Pitt is getting an ov
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2019/01/21/pitt-heavily-recruiting-4-star-forward-christian-brown/
They got McGowens from us last year. He was one of the kids I felt would excel in Keatts system.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

They got McGowens from us last year. He was one of the kids I felt would excel in Keatts system.

He has been a stud so far for Pitt, vs us he didn't have his best game but he has definitely shown his ability to score in bunches
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

some crystal ball coming in for Christian to Pitt. Considering he hasn't even take a visit to us, you would have to think Pitt holds more momentum, right now.
Packfan8
As dun has said many times his recruitment is a roller coaster and is far from over
Packfan8
Paul biancardi while calling the oak hill game last night said that Brown told him in the hotel that he likes state, kinda gives me more hope because it's coming from many experts not just Evan Daniels
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Paul biancardi while calling the oak hill game last night said that Brown told him in the hotel that he likes state, kinda gives me more hope because it's coming from many experts not just Evan Daniels
that's good to hear...anyone know if he will visit us?
Packfan8
Looking at oak hills schedule if he does visit it would have to be Feb 8-10, or after the season in March
Struttingwolf96
Just as long as State gets the last visit, they may not even need to get a visit.
Dunlow66
2020 Pack target and current Oak Hill SG, Cam Thomas, is now a '5 star' recruit(22nd overall) in the new ESPN top 60. Jaden Springer 11th overall. Henry Coleman at 41, Mark Williams 57

Christian Brown ranked 60th in 2019. Lecque at 34
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.