Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,232 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Dun, I thought I remember seeing you say he's grown to about 6'7"? If true he's gonna be a matchup nightmare if he grows a couple more inches with that ball handling.
He is in a postgrad year, so expecting any more height may be unrealistic, but he could add a little more muscle. The kid is strong, he finishes through traffic with authority, Imagine 15 or 20 more lbs of muscle. Could be our next Dorn.

Hes gotta get in line to be our next Dorn behind Jericho and maybe Christian Brown
Could play 4 positions for us. Postgrad year has helped his strenght and decision making. I love how he draws contact and then still scores.

You dont often see kids who win POY and a State title decide to take the extra year and work on their game. Shows a certain level of maturity.
nryanh94
And Seabron Commits!
welppack
Its through another site and I don't think I'm supposed to post those links here, but they just said Dereron committed to State
welppack
Lol you got me by like half a second
nryanh94
welppack said:

Haha, VCU fans are about to start hating Keatts
wolfpackjb
Really like a big ball handler like Seabron! Welcome! Also do we still take Christian Brown if he wants to come?
Struttingwolf96
Definitely yes. Brown is a very talented player who would fit in Keatts' system easily. Has gotten healthier & maybe a little better after going to Oak Hill. Reminds me of Hellems with how hard he competes, think some say he has the best motor in the 2019 class. Think he would be the icing on the cake in a 3 man class of Lecque, Seabron, & Brown. Future looking very bright if Johnson leaves.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Vcu just picked up a commitment from another guard which would fill all of their scholarships unless someone transfers

Also reading on Vcu boards that he will be making his commitment this week does anybody know if this is true
We are rumored to be in good shape on this one.
guess we get one right every once in a while
wolfpackjb
Good to hear SW. Not sure if you are one of the guys with inside knowledge on this one (not putting you down, I just really don't know), but do you think we end up getting Brown?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

welppack said:

Haha, VCU fans are about to start hating Keatts
Good. I always liked the way the recruited
wufpack7
Struttingwolf96 said:

Definitely yes. Brown is a very talented player who would fit in Keatts' system easily. Has gotten healthier & maybe a little better after going to Oak Hill. Reminds me of Hellems with how hard he competes, think some say he has the best motor in the 2019 class. Think he would be the icing on the cake in a 3 man class of Lecque, Seabron, & Brown. Future looking very bright if Johnson leaves.
Screw the future, I'm hoping for the unlikely event that both Lecque and Johnson suit up for us next year. It's probably not very likely, but if they do I'll tell you right now that I'm going to have some pretty unrealistic expectations. That would be a stacked team.
Struttingwolf96
In my opinion, yes. Things have been looking good for State to get him, just hope things don't change with Seabron committing now.
Struttingwolf96
Illinois is coming hard after Brown now. Since his teammate C Kofi Cockburn committed to them a few weeks back. I hope State & Keatts can still bring him in.
Dunlow66
wolfpackjb said:

Good to hear SW. Not sure if you are one of the guys with inside knowledge on this one (not putting you down, I just really don't know), but do you think we end up getting Brown?
anybody saying they know what Christian Brown will do is just guessing, IMO. The kid has been all over the place with this recruitment and it isnt over yet.

and we do have the security of getting Seabron on board. He may be slimmer than Brown, but I think he is longer and maybe even a bit taller.

Seabron and Hellems could be tough at the SF/PF position for the next few years.
pack1502
How ready to contribute next year is Seabron? Similar to Hellems this year?
Dunlow66
pack1502 said:

How ready to contribute next year is Seabron? Similar to Hellems this year?
A lot more ready tham most HS players. That prep year makes a difference...but probably not quite as advanced as Hellems but a higher BBall IQ
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Illinois is coming hard after Brown now. Since his teammate C Kofi Cockburn committed to them a few weeks back. I hope State & Keatts can still bring him in.
Seems like I have read this somewhere before........
gopack_83
HIs recruitment seemed similar to that kid who committed to UVA, Shedrick, in that we had interest and he wasn't ranked on hardly any services. Other schools took notice and then his ranking shot up super high and super fast.
Struttingwolf96
Is he still gonna choose from his top 2 of Georgia or Clemson?
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Is he still gonna choose from his top 2 of Georgia or Clemson?
if you read the thread, you would see that Illinois was listed as a legit contender once they added Cockburn and Georgia was not being thought of as a threat at this time.

sometimes I wonder why I even worry with this stuff when it comes to you and a few others on this site.
twentytoe
Dunlow66
or maybe you could read the post about this recruitment being very strange with mulitple leaders being named and even(according to some) a near commit to Clemson.

But then again, a kid who changes AAU programs like hats and transfers HS every year would be a bit hard to pin down.

The kid can play but this recruitment has been anything but predictable. Maybe we get him, maybe we dont. If this is the one you want to hang your hat on. have at it.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Seems like I have read this somewhere before........
Of course you have.
WolfpackSI
Dun please don't let the few speak for the masses.

I don't get the animosity? We are all on the same team here.

Speaking of guys that like to jump ship, I'm starting to worry a bit about Blake Harris. Hes been riding the pine even when Markell is out for long periods. Given his history, Doesn't seem like the type of kid to wait his turn. He still has his redshirt available to him. Anyone else worried?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
MBS
I think he's injured. Hip pointer, maybe?
Struttingwolf96
I knew that, just being a wise***. Cockburn posted it on Twitter I believe about Brown coming there with him. So now it looks like Illinois is State's main competition, with Georgia still hanging on. If you notice the State is always mentioned. Just saying a few months back I heard State was still in good shape with him & it was a plus he went to Oak Hill, but some people still said he was probably headed to one or the other still in Clemson or Georgia & didn't see State as a team for his services. Also, that going to Oak Hill wouldnt make a difference when it comes to State. Don't underestimate the coaching relationships Keatts has in VA. Has been looking good for Brown, but the Seabron recruitment & commit, didn't know about.
Sure hope it doesn't affect Brown, would like to see him in a State uniform.
Struttingwolf96
Agree, I dont get the animosity either.
WolfPacker54
WolfpackSI said:

Dun please don't let the few speak for the masses.

I don't get the animosity? We are all on the same team here.

Speaking of guys that like to jump ship, I'm starting to worry a bit about Blake Harris. Hes been riding the pine even when Markell is out for long periods. Given his history, Doesn't seem like the type of kid to wait his turn. He still has his redshirt available to him. Anyone else worried?
No, Markell leaves this year and he and Braxton are our only PGs next year. Plenty of pt without having to sit a year, and he gets to play for one of the best coaches in the best conference.
TriangleDreamer
Struttingwolf96 said:

Agree, I dont get the animosity either.

TBH, Strutting, the frustration that others often feel with many of your posts is that you appear to be directly repeating or parroting information that's already been shared by some of the actual insiders. You could go a long way in helping this perception by simply acknowledging where you "heard" it from, which typically is Dunlow or one of the other truly connected few.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
TriangleDreamer
WolfpackSI said:

Not worried about transfers due to lack of PT. CKK clearly likes to play a lot of players. Any player that leaves wanting more PT is simply not a good fit here. Give me a Lockett who won't pout and will take advantage when he gets to play to a Steere who leaves because he isn't getting major minutes in his first FRESHMAN game.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
Struttingwolf96
All I did is state on here that I thought Brown would end up coming to State. The same way I did about Lecque. It's only of what I have read & heard from other people. I have been told not to post stuff from other sites so I dont say where I might hear stuff from & no it's not premium. A lot of experts on here had Brown going to either Georgia or Clemson, when State was still in it. So-called experts have also predicted players going to certain schools & ending up somewhere else, but never get asked about it when they are wrong. I dont know everything that goes on with recruiting, but when I do I try to share the info when I hear it. The only guy I heard State was sure to get & was wrong was Williams going to FSU. I felt pretty good on calling Lecque to State when others said he would eventually go to a blue blood school. Now I've been saying Brown to State for a minute, but now that the CB says it everyone is surprised. I don't do this with every player State is after, didn't even know about Seabron. I just want to know where has it been said on here that Brown was coming to State, other than me bringing his name back up?
Struttingwolf96
All I see posted is stuff off of other people's Twitter account sometime that someone else has already shared.
NatePait94
Just keep doing you boo boo. They're just mad that there isn't two of ya.
HungryWolf92
I appreciate all info given. I get a little excited each time I see a new post in this thread. Lol
WolfPacker54
Oh lord
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.