Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,598 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like he has taken four official visits as of his instagram, to North Texas, Vcu, Minnesota and Providence
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Looks like he has taken three official visits as of his instagram, to North Texas, Vcu and Minnesota

I'm curious if he's not on an OV to state right now, they're at Capital Grille and that's usually where they take kids on OVs
Packfan8
That's what I was wondering, maybe Keatts offers while he's here. He's listed as a shooting guard but he looks like he might be trying to be a combo guard for college
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

I'd imagine we are the team to beat if we offer. He posts all his offers and not one from us so I'd say we havent OFFICIALLY offered as of this second.
Providence should not be overlooked.

Jeff Battle(Wake) and Ivan Thomas(Boo Willimas coach for 13 years) do a great job on kids from Va and NC
Packfan8
Vcu seems to be in good position as well, they were on him pretty early and I imagine proximity to home might be a factor
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Vcu seems to be in good position as well, they were on him pretty early and I imagine proximity to home might be a factor
From Norfolk. Not really that much difference. Maybe an hour or so.
Packfan8
Does seabron get more official visits since he is now a post grad and one of his visits was to north Texas last year?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

That's what I was wondering, maybe Keatts offers while he's here. He's listed as a shooting guard but he looks like he might be trying to be a combo guard for college
kid has grown to about 6'7
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

I'd imagine we are the team to beat if we offer. He posts all his offers and not one from us so I'd say we havent OFFICIALLY offered as of this second.
I would think he gets one very, very soon.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Does seabron get more official visits since he is now a post grad and one of his visits was to north Texas last year?
yes
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

NatePait94 said:

I would think he gets one very, very soon.
picks up the NCSU offer.
Packfan8
Come run with the pack, I'll take all of the big guards we can get
Dunlow66
Dwayne West @garnerroad 6h6 hours ago
More

2020 6' 9" Garner Road/The Burlington School Mylyjael Poteat has an unofficial visit to NC State today vs Pitt.
Dunlow66
https://www.nvdaily.com/nvdaily/seabron-growing-on-and-off-the-basketball-court-at-mma/article_17578971-29c4-5e90-b3a0-a2398517811b.html
Packfan8
I haven't seen anywhere else that he has an offer, is this going to be public soon
wufpack7
I assume he's still on his visit, so since the offer just came today I would guess the offer wouldn't go "public" until sometime after the visit is over.
Packfan8
Verbalcommits is showing the offer now
Dunlow66
wufpack7 said:

I assume he's still on his visit, so since the offer just came today I would guess the offer wouldn't go "public" until sometime after the visit is over.
yep
Packfan8

Seems to enjoy his visit
nryanh94
Might be in our best interest to take Seabron and Brown, Ainge was in to see Lecque on Friday. Idk that he ever sets foot on campus
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

Might be in our best interest to take Seabron and Brown, Ainge was in to see Lecque on Friday. Idk that he ever sets foot on campus
wow....bummer
Packfan8
It's looks like the Celtics are gonna have 3 1st round picks so they can afford to gamble on a player like lecque
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I've said repeatedly that Boston could be the team to take a chance on Lecque. If all their picks convey(and right now they would) the C's have 4 first round selections.

Perfect chance to use that late first rounder on a 2 or 3 year prospect like Jalen. Have him play Gleague for 2 years and pull him up every once in a while to see what the NBA is really like.

Doesnt mean it will happen, but if Lecque does get drafted in the late first round, my money would be on Boston.
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC
I've said it before and I'll say it again...our best odds of Lecque ever suiting up for the Pack was 50/50...that may have shifted to 40/60 in the past 6 weeks...the Pack being the 40%.
Packfan8
Vcu just picked up a commitment from another guard which would fill all of their scholarships unless someone transfers

Also reading on Vcu boards that he will be making his commitment this week does anybody know if this is true
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Vcu just picked up a commitment from another guard which would fill all of their scholarships unless someone transfers

Also reading on Vcu boards that he will be making his commitment this week does anybody know if this is true
We are rumored to be in good shape on this one.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

If we pick up the commitment, he will be the first commit for Coach Robertson.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

If we pick up the commitment, he will be the first commit for Coach Robertson.
Providence worries me. They have been working that Boo Williams connection(Thomas) the last few years. Seaborn is from Norfolk.
Dunlow66
This is the year before prep school

This kid has the length to play the PF position for us after a couple of years in the system.

HungryWolf92
Dun, I thought I remember seeing you say he's grown to about 6'7"? If true he's gonna be a matchup nightmare if he grows a couple more inches with that ball handling.
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

Dun, I thought I remember seeing you say he's grown to about 6'7"? If true he's gonna be a matchup nightmare if he grows a couple more inches with that ball handling.
He is in a postgrad year, so expecting any more height may be unrealistic, but he could add a little more muscle. The kid is strong, he finishes through traffic with authority, Imagine 15 or 20 more lbs of muscle. Could be our next Dorn.
Dunlow66
I'm not saying the kid will transfer

but if he does....Jayden Gardner(from Wake Forest) is KILLING it at ECU as a freshman PF.

Had 35 points and 20 rebounds against a solid team from UCF. Averaging 19 ppg and 9.5 rpg for the season
Packfan8
I was getting ready to post this same thing, I don't know the kid but I wouldn't be surprised to see him transfer to an Acc caliber school after this season
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

He is in a postgrad year, so expecting any more height may be unrealistic, but he could add a little more muscle. The kid is strong, he finishes through traffic with authority, Imagine 15 or 20 more lbs of muscle. Could be our next Dorn.

Hes gotta get in line to be our next Dorn behind Jericho and maybe Christian Brown
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.