Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,228,184 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Bulldogwolf27
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think Kevin Broadus (Maryland assistant) has the family's trust . He was the key recruiter for his Keldon's brother. Plus he would be the undeniable best scorer on next years Maryland team.
Bulldogwolf27
Some guys I work with were at the game last night and saw Bey. Said he looked like he had a college ready body. I know he can shoot it. I really hope last night and this visit pushes Bey to us.
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

What happened to our chances with Keldon, I thought his father really liked the program and distance not to mention the ACC is the premier conference in B-Ball
Keldon's family lives a little over three hours from College Park....so that does fit the 'close enough to drive to all his home games' scenario that Keldon's Dad put out there.

And, as has been stated before, Maryland hired asst Broadus from Gtown. Very close to the family. Gtown fell off Keldon's list when Broadus left the program.
RowanWolf
It might be 3 hours at 3 am. His father will grow to hate that drive around DC. More times than not, it will take him 5 hours to get to College Park.
NatePait94
It will be a hard lesson learned
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
Steere makes it official
Running with the WOLFPACK
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
goosewolf
Steere & Bates made the right choice. Time well spent playing together should help when the join the pack.
NatePait94
Couldn't agree more.
NatePait94
2) Saddiq Bey
1) Jairus Hamilton
4) EJ Montgomery
3) Keldon Johnson

My out of order list for next potential commit.
goosewolf
NatePait94 said:

2) Saddiq Bey
1) Jairus Hamilton
4) EJ Montgomery
3) Keldon Johnson

My out of order list for next potential commit.

I like it! What's the official prognosticator say?
NatePait94
Unless we just rocked Bey's socks, Chris Mack is still in this thing. Pitt has been on the phone as well.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

Unless we just rocked Bey's socks, Chris Mack is still in this thing. Pitt has been on the phone as well.
Xavier also just picked up a commit from a wing and are looking good for another forward. Pitt....eh....not sweating them right now. JMO.
WOLFDAC
Glad to have Steere on board.....I'm hearing we are in good with Bey.....can things change, absolutely, but I'm betting he runs with the Pack.
ClePack
WOLFDAC said:

Glad to have Steere on board.....I'm hearing we are in good with Bey.....can things change, absolutely, but I'm betting he runs with the Pack.
woah. Now that's some good news!
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

WOLFDAC said:

so you didnt believe me when I said it?...........
Wolfblood

I would like to see the staff go ahead and lock down Bey. I watched some of his videos and he looks like a really solid player. Nice size for a wing with frame to add more strength. Good shooter from mid-range and three point range. Decent handle and driving ability. Can score in the post over taller players. Good passer and rebounder. Get's out on the break and can finish strong. He doesn't do any of those things great, but solid in all facets of the game. He would be a great addition to this class.

I would be very happy to land Bey and then turn up the heat on Hamilton. A class of Bates, Steere, Hamilton and Bey would be great first full class for Keatts and staff in the early signing period.. A great foundation for the future for the Pack.

Land those four early and then look at grad transfers and late signees if needed this spring.
Dunlow66
Bey is a VERY GOOD 3 point shooter. Dont know if the vidoes do him justice. I think he could grow a little more. Has a long frame.
Wolfblood
Dunlow66 said:

Bey is a VERY GOOD 3 point shooter. Dont know if the vidoes do him justice. I think he could grow a little more. Has a long frame.

Yeah, he had good range on his jumper. His jumper stood out. Mid-range and three point. Also like the half hook down low.

My point was more about him looking like a solid all around player that wasn't one dimensional. I probably worded that wrong. No matter, I would love to have him commit. Solid prospect that could really develop.

What's the word on Hamilton? Any other SF/PF types we're looking at besides Hamilton/Hellems? I still think we need that small ball four man like Hamilton in this class.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

WOLFDAC said:

so you didnt believe me when I said it?...........
haha, sometimes you need two different sources!
NatePait94
Wasnt trying to be pessimistic, just realistic. If we lock it up quick, awesome, if not, watch out. Hometown Hoyas on the trail too.
WOLFDAC
Gtown might struggle to win 10 games this year...if it's all about PT, they will have plenty...but if it's possible post season play and the like a recruit is looking for...Gtown might not sniff the Tourney for awhile.
Dunlow66
Wolfblood said:

Dunlow66 said:

Yeah, he had good range on his jumper. His jumper stood out. Mid-range and three point. Also like the half hook down low.

My point was more about him looking like a solid all around player that wasn't one dimensional. I probably worded that wrong. No matter, I would love to have him commit. Solid prospect that could really develop.

What's the word on Hamilton? Any other SF/PF types we're looking at besides Hamilton/Hellems? I still think we need that small ball four man like Hamilton in this class.
I think Hamilton is still in our sights. Expect his recruitment to pick up soon. Glad we got the big guys on board. That was certainly an area of need.

IMO, we definitely need a small ball 4. Issues with Hamilton seem to have more to do with his motor/attitude than his talent. I think Coach Keatts and Co. can work with him on that.

Hellems, IMO, stays in the Midwest. Still love to have him.
NatePait94
WOLFDAC said:

Gtown might struggle to win 10 games this year...if it's all about PT, they will have plenty...but if it's possible post season play and the like a recruit is looking for...Gtown might not sniff the Tourney for awhile.
Who knows what Mr. Ewing can pull out of his hat
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

Not really hearing the 'Gtown buzz' with Saddiq right now.....dont think that happens.
twentytoe
I think we really need that sg Mr Keldon is needed in wolfpack red! I will be happy with saddiq bey though.
WOLFDAC
Dunlow66 said:

WOLFDAC said:

Not really hearing the 'Gtown buzz' with Saddiq right now.....dont think that happens.
I'll just say...from what I'm hearing I'd be shocked if Bey does not play for the Pack....things happen...that I know. I won't say 100%, but I'd feel comfy at 85%...maybe a tad more...time will tell.
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

Dunlow66 said:

WOLFDAC said:

I'll just say...from what I'm hearing I'd be shocked if Bey does not play for the Pack....things happen...that I know. I won't say 100%, but I'd feel comfy at 85%...maybe a tad more...time will tell.
Thanks for confirming...This one is lining up for us nicely, IMO.

still wonder if Bey can be that Stretch 4 we need or if he will settle in as a true wing. Not quite as athletic as some wing players, not quite as big as most PFs, but he has some room to grow and is pretty solid.
RowanWolf
Bates is ranked #78 on ESPN. Doesn't make top 100 on Rivals. Steere and Bey aren't top 100 on either. Don't expect much from these kids as freshmen. You get north of top 75, it's second half of sophomore seasons before the game really starts slowing down for them.

Still, solid first class for CKK. Foundation players. Guys that will definitely not be going pro early. As juniors and seniors, will be tough.

Allows staff to get after top 50 guys in classes of '19 and '20.
WOLFDAC
RowanWolf said:

Bates is ranked #78 on ESPN. Doesn't make top 100 on Rivals. Steere and Bey aren't top 100 on either. Don't expect much from these kids as freshmen. You get north of top 75, it's second half of sophomore seasons before the game really starts slowing down for them.

Still, solid first class for CKK. Foundation players. Guys that will definitely not be going pro early. As juniors and seniors, will be tough.

I agree...the plus is building the foundation of the program with this class,,,that in and of itself will be huge moving forward in the Keatts era.
Dunlow66
WOLFDAC said:

RowanWolf said:

I agree...the plus is building the foundation of the program with this class,,,that in and of itself will be huge moving forward in the Keatts era.
and I think Keatts can develop this level of recruit into solid ACC talent. Both Steere and Bates have the ability to be key contributors as upperclassmen. I look forward to following these first two classes when they become Juniors/Seniors
state95
Dunlow66 said:

Wolfblood said:

Dunlow66 said:

I think Hamilton is still in our sights. Expect his recruitment to pick up soon. Glad we got the big guys on board. That was certainly an area of need.

IMO, we definitely need a small ball 4. Issues with Hamilton seem to have more to do with his motor/attitude than his talent. I think Coach Keatts and Co. can work with him on that.

Hellems, IMO, stays in the Midwest. Still love to have him.

All of the recent crystal ball predictions have gone to us for Hamilton.
Engineer97
Dac, Dun,

Is Keatt's philosphy to recruit 4 star guys that he can develop and fit his system much like UVA, or is the ultimate goal to sign top 25-50 players eventually and run said system?

In any way, running and having what he had at Wilmington with even 4 stars (as opposed to 2 and 3 stars) will be a site to behold. It will take a few years to get it going, but when he does..........wew mercy.
WPCHRIS
Maybe you recruiting guys can help me understand this. How/Why does little commit to the idiots when if he just waited 1 week he would know whether or not he would be able to play in post season? Why not wait one week just to see what happens.

Bell Tower Grey
WPCHRIS said:

Maybe you recruiting guys can help me understand this. How/Why does little commit to the idiots when if he just waited 1 week he would know whether or not he would be able to play in post season? Why not wait one week just to see what happens.

I don't think the commitment means a whole lot, other than to stoke their egos some. He's not signed anything to anyone's knowledge, so he could certainly change his mind after the hammer of Thor slams their programs Unless of course he just wants to be a true hole..
jwpack
This idea that it takes 2 to 3 years to build a good basketball team is not true in every case. Good coaches can have good teams their first year & continue to build the culture & system they employ.

Just look at what coach Keatts did at uncw. The key is can you sustain your program over time.
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.