Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,224,136 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Engineer97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keatts has said as much that it would take a few years to get the personnel he needs to run his offense and defense. To see those in full effect.
NatePait94
Keatts is going to go after the kids he has a vision for. Whether they are 3-star or 5-star. There are kids across the nation that fit his mold and they will be all shapes and sizes. The only thing these kids need to be recruited by Keatts is a desire to work your ass off harder than anyone else in the country.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Former NC State target F Landers Nolley commits to Georgia over Va Tech. He is from Ga.
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

Former NC State target F Landers Nolley commits to Georgia over Va Tech. He is from Ga.

I have a feeling his recruitment will open up again. Mark Fox is on the hot seat and they aren't very talented. Probably part of the draw for Nolley. Could be the best player right away if the staff doesn't get fired.
stuartmcarthur5
Landers Nolley lasted a whole 18 hours as a commit. He just decomitted from Georgia
Dunlow66
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Landers Nolley lasted a whole 18 hours as a commit. He just decomitted from Georgia
kinda glad we were not on his final list.......
twentytoe
Wow, his dad probably didn't think Georgia was what he was looking for.
twentytoe
Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I have a feeling his recruitment will open up again. Mark Fox is on the hot seat and they aren't very talented. Probably part of the draw for Nolley. Could be the best player right away if the staff doesn't get fired.

Jaywolf......how the heck did you know haha haha.
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Nolley(or his dad...) have come across as quite....um....um......'out of touch', IMO.

Like I said before, kinda glad we didnt make his final list.
WarrenPeace
Dunlow66 said:

twentytoe said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Nolley(or his dad...) have come across as quite....um....um......'out of touch', IMO.

Haha you ain't kiddin

twentytoe
Dunlow66 said:

twentytoe said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I never say things like this, but they (he and his father) need to stay away from our program, just seems like trouble.
WolfpackSI
18 hours..you have gotta be kidding me. Yea glad we aren't a part of that..

Nassir Little says that Roy told him that the NCAA punishment from fake classes won't be that bad. Do you guys think he sticks around when the NCAA hands out punishment? UNC looks to be putting together their best class in years....
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolfpackfan00
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/usa-bball-bossi-s-third-session-takeaways

Keldon Johnson's recruitment looking like a toss up

"Through the spring, the summer and into the early fall the feel has always been that Texas is the clear favorite to land Johnson. He has a strong relationship with the Longhorns staff and they have been recruiting him his entire high school career. Because of that he may very well end up in Austin.

However, at this point Johnson's recruitment is looking like more and more of a tossup. Some feel Maryland has made a big run, others say it's N.C. State to watch out for and Kentucky continues to loom large as a potential destination. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson has a pick within the next week or two but I do think there's some serious jockeying for position going on behind the scenes with him and that there's going to be lots of speculation about different leaders until he announces."
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/usa-bball-bossi-s-third-session-takeaways

"Through the spring, the summer and into the early fall the feel has always been that Texas is the clear favorite to land Johnson. He has a strong relationship with the Longhorns staff and they have been recruiting him his entire high school career. Because of that he may very well end up in Austin.

However, at this point Johnson's recruitment is looking like more and more of a tossup. Some feel Maryland has made a big run, others say it's N.C. State to watch out for and Kentucky continues to loom large as a potential destination. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson has a pick within the next week or two but I do think there's some serious jockeying for position going on behind the scenes with him and that there's going to be lots of speculation about different leaders until he announces."
same as it ever was......
twentytoe
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

So Dun.......tell us how you really feel?
ClePack
WolfpackSI said:

18 hours..you have gotta be kidding me. Yea glad we aren't a part of that..

Nassir Little says that Roy told him that the NCAA punishment from fake classes won't be that bad. Do you guys think he sticks around when the NCAA hands out punishment? UNC looks to be putting together their best class in years....
Little probably has the FBI case to worry about more than UNC's NCAA case. Good chance little is ruled ineligible due to what the FBI has uncovered
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

So Dun.......tell us how you really feel?
Nobody knows who leads....we have a shot, better than many thought possible. Been saying it for a while now. We may not get him, but this one shows me the staff can make moves on big time, five star kids and hang in it til the end. Some were saying we'd never get an OV or that we were just an also ran.

Maryland has been listed as a leader, Texas was for the longest time, UK got all the pub when they offered, but guess who is still in it despite never being considered a threat..NC State!
twentytoe
I like it.
Engineer97
NatePait94 said:

Keatts is going to go after the kids he has a vision for. Whether they are 3-star or 5-star. There are kids across the nation that fit his mold and they will be all shapes and sizes. The only thing these kids need to be recruited by Keatts is a desire to work your ass off harder than anyone else in the country.
Thanks
WOLFDAC
My camp can get no feel for the Johnson recruitment...they say it's all over the place...ask 3-4 legitimate sources and get 3-4 different responses...just have to wait and see on this one methinks.
Dunlow66
former NC State target

2018 Morgan Park - Ayo Dosunmu has narrowed it down to 2 Illinois & Wake Forest
JacksonWilliford
Dunlow66 said:

former NC State target

Illinois bound?
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
NatePait94
They were the favorite from the get-go it seems like
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
TheWhiteWolf
JacksonWilliford said:

Dunlow66 said:

former NC State target

Illinois bound?
Danny Manning is building a power house it looks like, great
Dunlow66
Zion Williamson to UK picking up some steam, same with Bol Bol
Could put UK out of the Keldon Johnson recruitment......
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Why is that? Both are bigs
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Why is that? Both are bigs

Keldon wants to be the featured guy
Dunlow66
Keldon Johnson taking some time. Dont think any decision has been reached yet and this one could stretch out to mid Nov.

This contradicts some rumors that he was about to pop for Maryland. Seems like good news to me. Gives our staff another month or so to work on KJ and Family

Still getting consistent talk of Johnson wanting to go where he will be a big part of the team's plans as a freshman. Dont think that happens at UK. Rumors the Wildcats may be able to swing Quentin Grimes(long considered a Kansas lean) to pair with Quickley.. Dont think that would be the situation Johnson is really looking for especially with UK set to add more 5star talent soon.

NatePait94
+/- Keldon Johnson, +/- Jairus Hamilton, +/- Saddiq Bey, +/- Jericole Hellems, +/- (INSERT ANY PLAYER HERE) lined up with
Ian Steere
Manny Bates
Braxton Beverley
Lavar Batts
Markell Johnson
Torin Dorn
CJ Bryce
Devon Daniels
Shaun Kirk
Darius Hicks
Throw in one or two more recruits (bey, hamilton, hellems) , and someone already on the lineup that I may have missed, and that will be a fun squad to watch.
Yurtseven is iffy of course.
Dunlow66
KJ or Bey....?

I think we land one of them.....Bey likely to be the first to decide and I think we are in a really good spot with him.

Johnson waiting for a spot at UK?....didnt commit to Maryland after that suppossed 'great visit' and likely waiting a bit to decide. I think he could go to any of his four finalist
EthanBarry
Staff
Dunlow66 said:

KJ or Bey....?

I think we land one of them.....Bey likely to be the first to decide and I think we are in a really good spot with him.

Johnson waiting for a spot at UK?....didnt commit to Maryland after that suppossed 'great visit' and likely waiting a bit to decide. I think he could go to any of his four finalist
Could we get both or is it a one or the other situation?
Bulldogwolf27
I think we should take Bey and if Johnson decides to come take him too. Doubt we get both, but we could make it work. Johnson seems to be big blue nation bound tho.
NatePait94
I agree. Bey seems to be very reclusive and private about his thoughts.

He claims to do it on purpose. Not a bad thing. We seem to be the best fitted school for him out of his final schools.

As far as KJ, I feel like we are his diamond in the rough.
EthanBarry
Staff
Jaywolf27 said:

I think we should take Bey and if Johnson decides to come take him too. Doubt we get both, but we could make it work. Johnson seems to be big blue nation bound tho.
But would Bey scare off Johnson? Obviously we'd love to take both but how would they feel about that?
NatePait94
Kentucky and Maryland have gotten better commits than Bey, and that hasn't "scared" him off from those schools. If he seriously is considering us, then I would say no.

Plus, KJ would start over Bey, so it would likely be the other way around
First Page Last Page
Page 23 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.