Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,105 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
NatePait94 said:

Kentucky and Maryland have gotten better commits than Bey, and that hasn't "scared" him off from those schools. If he seriously is considering us, then I would say no.

Plus, KJ would start over Bey, so it would likely be the other way around
Interesting. Hopefully Keatts can pull it off. That would be quite the start
Dunlow66
wkdbigpckfan said:

Jaywolf27 said:

I think we should take Bey and if Johnson decides to come take him too. Doubt we get both, but we could make it work. Johnson seems to be big blue nation bound tho.
But would Bey scare off Johnson? Obviously we'd love to take both but how would they feel about that?
Bey could play with Johnson. Some feel like Bey will be most effective as a stretch 4 in a '4 out - 1 in' offense.

Love to have both, but dont think it happens
Gravis

We are recruiting Bey as a stretch 4 and that was the pitch while he was here.

We want both & see them at different positions.
TheWhiteWolf
Wonder if KJ sees himself as a one and done? If he does I dont see why he thinks uk would be good for him since he would lose a ton of touches and spotlight
NatePait94
I dont believe that anyone sees kentucky as a leader, but kentucky is kentucky.

One and Dones dont grow on trees. He may have aspirations to be that, but he isn't in my opinion.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Wonder if KJ sees himself as a one and done? If he does I dont see why he thinks uk would be good for him since he would lose a ton of touches and spotlight
His dad made it known that he would not push KJ to be 'one and done'.

If it happens, they would be thrilled, if not, back to work on another season of College BBall.
Dunlow66
Maryland turning up their interest in Jairus Hamilton......always looked at him as a Terps backup plan to Keldon Johnson. Think NCSU/Hamilton may be on the back burner for now. Other programs moving forward in his recruitment including a couple of SEC teams.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

If it happens, they would be thrilled, if not, back to work on another season of College BBall.
Respect to the dad sounds like he's letting his son make the decision. Dun I know you said it KJ was pushing back his timeline are there any other recruits besides Bey looking to wrap things up soon?
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Respect to the dad sounds like he's letting his son make the decision. Dun I know you said it KJ was pushing back his timeline are there any other recruits besides Bey looking to wrap things up soon?
as mentioned above, Jairus Hamilton
NatePait94
Hopefully Wiggins and Smith keep Hamilton away from the Terps.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
If Texas could pull Cunningham, Liddell, and KJ, that would be a top 10 natl class and shakas best probably
wolfpackfan00
NC State visited with Devon Dotson last night
NatePait94
He is favored to Maryland. Seems like we are going back and forth with Turgeon.
NatePait94
Keatts and Co. are attracting some of the nations top wings and prolific scorers. The only thing missing is an actual CKK product on an NC State floor. We will get to see it for the first time this upcoming season.

If CKK executes according to his gameplan, within the next 2 years I believe that NCSU will be THE premier destination for the elite wings.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

He is favored to Maryland. Seems like we are going back and forth with Turgeon.
Kansas is also deep in this one. Maryland and Kansas also visiting Dotson today.
Dunlow66
Keldon Johnson looking for a team that will provide him a lot of shot attmepts as a freshman.........I think Coach Keatts has an offense that can provide that for him. If 'Dad' has his way, we offer the opportunity. Think he would have to come of the bench at UK.
wolfpackfan00
Devon Dotson announcing on Friday at 6pm
goosewolf
NatePait94 said:

Keatts and Co. are attracting some of the nations top wings and prolific scorers. The only thing missing is an actual CKK product on an NC State floor. We will get to see it for the first time this upcoming season.

If CKK executes according to his gameplan, within the next 2 years I believe that NCSU will be THE premier destination for the elite wings.
That will be fun bball to watch.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Devon Dotson announcing on Friday at 6pm
I'm going with Kansas on this one. Maryland went the distance but comes up a bit short.
wolfpackfan00
https://instagr.am/p/BaIO_R3B54r
NatePait94
Won't be too long until kids like him have NCSU front and center in their selection/thought process.
Glad to see our jersey in there.

Our future is so **** bright
WOLFDAC
We are just window dressing in Dotson ' s recruitment...but we were in the window. My camp believes it's Kansas as well.
metcalfmafia
Dang really wanted Dotson. He is going to be a great pg in college.
Dunlow66
Bey recruitment winding down. Think we have a great shot at landing him. Likely a two team race with Xavier.
wolfpackfan00
Jairus Hamilton has set official visits to Maryland (Oct 13-15) and Mississippi State (Oct 20-22). Has already had official visit to Boston College on weekend of October 4th.
ClePack
Appears Jairus is trending away from NC State now?
NatePait94
I figured Bey and Jairus would eat into each others minutes and be playing, roughly, the same position in our offense. Bey shoots much better, would be better fit. Jairus is more versatile.
With that said, if we get hot with one on the recruiting trail, we will get colder on the other.

Just my opinion though. No facts there.
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Appears Jairus is trending away from NC State now?
Yep......
WolfpackSI
Seems like a lot of schools are trending away from Jarius Hamilton
RunningWithThePack
This! I think it's more teams backing off than anything else.
goosewolf
NatePait94 said:

I figured Bey and Jairus would eat into each others minutes and be playing, roughly, the same position in our offense. Bey shoots much better, would be better fit. Jairus is more versatile.
With that said, if we get hot with one on the recruiting trail, we will get colder on the other.

Just my opinion though. No facts there.
So that might be a telling sign then.
dogplasma
WolfpackSI said:

Seems like a lot of schools are trending away from Jarius Hamilton
Why?
NatePait94
If the Braxton Beverley judgement sticks, that would open up some more PT for a Mr. Lavar Batts, and potentially any extra recruits we may sign. hint hint.
wufpack7
Not sure how the Beverly decision affects any recruits. It just means he'll sit this year and be a redshirt-freshman next year.
NatePait94
You're correct. My misunderstanding, mixing up years here. It will give Batts more PT though.
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.