Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,876 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
EthanBarry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
What were you hinting at then lol. Does anybody know a timeline on Bey? I've heard as early as today is possible
NatePait94
As I said, I had a brain fart and had my years mixed up, so *poof* on that hint, lol.

Bey should have decision within the next couple of days, if not already. He is going to do a PC.
Though I hope we know something by the end of next week, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he were to wait until early November to publicly announce. November 8th is first day of early signing period.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
Nassir Little made the most PERFECT move that one could dream of...
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Bulldogwolf27
Devin Dotson to Kansas. Maryland guys really thought he was gonna wear under armor again.
TriangleDreamer
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Devon Dotson announcing on Friday at 6pm
I'm going with Kansas on this one. Maryland went the distance but comes up a bit short.

Dunlow IS the crystal ball!
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
WolfpackSI
Every day is a great day to be a blue blood
Dunlow66
Look for Maryland to push for Jairus Hamilton. I think they also miss on Keldon Johnson. Wouldnt be surprised one bit to see Hamiton play for the Terps.
NatePait94
Trading blows with the turtles
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow, I honestly think it's is between us and Kentucky. A lot of 5 star kids think going to big blue will put you in the lottery of the NBA draft. Calapri is know to misuse guys. I understand why kids go, but NC state will really show the kind of offensive player Keldon Johnson is
Dunlow66
Rumor from a few months ago that may be picking up steam

OSU Bball Insider @OSUBballInsider Jul 1
More
Don't be surprised if Funderburk follows Beverly to NC State. Both played for same HS coach who is now an assistant coach there.

Derek Funderburk is a C/PF who was dismissed from OSU after redshirting as a freshman. Will play JUCO this season and probably has some academic work to do. One to watch. Played for AW Hamilton at Hargrave. Has some raw potential to be a legit scorer on the low defender and is a very solid rebounder at both ends. Plays above the rim and can get up and down the court for a big guy.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

More
Don't be surprised if Funderburk follows Beverly to NC State. Both played for same HS coach who is now an assistant coach there.

Derek Funderburk is a C/PF who was dismissed from OSU after redshirting as a freshman. Will play JUCO this season and probably has some academic work to do. One to watch. Played for AW Hamilton at Hargrave. Has some raw potential to be a legit scorer on the low defender and is a very solid rebounder at both ends. Plays above the rim and can get up and down the court for a big guy.
I like to hear this, and hearing that he has academic work to do should be fine considering the landmark decision the NCAA just made. Give him a few free A's and we're good!
Bell Tower Grey
Dunlow66 said:

More

Dunlow, any public reason why Funderburk was dismissed from OSU?
Dunlow66
Everything I have been able to find indicates grades....was warned but didnt make satisfactory progress. Might be more to it, but not that I have seen.
Dunlow66
Jairus Hamilton looks like it might come down to BC vs Maryland. I think he ends up with the Terps.
theAccused
any indication why state backed off
Law of the Wolf
Landers Nolley to Virginia Tech one week after commmitting and decommitting to Georgia.
TheWhiteWolf
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

I like to hear this, and hearing that he has academic work to do should be fine considering the landmark decision the NCAA just made. Give him a few free A's and we're good!
We can't give him free A's only the school down the road can and even then we get punished. Now if we give him free A's and John Smith a few then we are good to go
JacksonWilliford
Eric Ayala (Top 100 Combo Guard) commits to Maryland. Does that have an effect on KJ?
Why not us?

Follow me on twitter: @fj_williford
stuartmcarthur5
Looking at the crystal ball for Johnson, everything is trending towards Kentucky
NatePait94
We may have more of a shot with KJ than some think.
twentytoe
I really like our chances with Keldon. I know all the national talking heads have him going everywhere but to us, and given the events that are going on with high caliber talent committing we still have a great shot.
ClePack
I know nothing insider about KJ. I just know I want him badly. He would be perfect for Keatts. I know the ball doesn't favor us, but I hope we can pull it off.
NatePait94
We have more of an all around 'package' to offer for him and his family than other schools involved... and I am not speaking monetarily.
twentytoe
I agree, we offer more shots, playing in the premier conference and his family being able to attend all home games. I think that's a better draw than the other teams can offer.
ClePack
NatePait94 said:

We have more of an all around 'package' to offer for him and his family than other schools involved... and I am not speaking monetarily.
That is great to hear. I know his dad was saying proximity is a big plus, and KJ wants to be featured. We can definitely offer both. I wish we'd give him an in house visit or something soon
Dunlow66
JacksonWilliford said:

Eric Ayala (Top 100 Combo Guard) commits to Maryland. Does that have an effect on KJ?
Ayala was the consolation prize to missing on Devon Dotson.

Maryland would take Ayala, KJ and Jairus Hamilton if all wanted to commit. Ayala does not scare of Johnson at all.
Dunlow66
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Looking at the crystal ball for Johnson, everything is trending towards Kentucky
Something rumored to have went down over the weekend with UK/Keldon Johnson with some expecting him to pop for UK in the next day or two......something to watch out for. One very connected insider is calling KJ to Kentucky a done deal.
NatePait94
Agreed. Ayala would cede minutes to KJ. There are only about 10-15 recruits in the nation that would cut into KJ's minutes, if that.
NatePait94
As the commitments stand right now, if KJ were to commit to Kentucky, it would be him splitting minutes with Diallo. Baker would ride the bench.
twentytoe
Exactly, which is why I still think we have a chance....of course nothing is guaranteed.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

As the commitments stand right now, if KJ were to commit to Kentucky, it would be him splitting minutes with Diallo. Baker would ride the bench.
Diallo will be in the NBA, IMO.

UK missing on Barrett.....if they also miss on Grimes, KJ has the pathway he desires. He has always been rumored to favor Kentucky, but his dad has been pushing other programs.
NatePait94
NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

NatePait94 said:

I dont think that RJ goes to UK.
maybe....maybe not. I have some UK guys who think he will.

Still, my thoughts are the pursuit of Barrett could put Keldon Johnson and his family off UK just a bit. Maybe nothing to it. Just something to consider.

Might the UK guys be biased?

RJ and his Canadian bretheren beat Coach Cal and the USA boys.
I would like to think that RJ gives Coach K the better shot than the coach that he may have single-handedly beat.
This is all my loosely based opinion, but I will stick with it until further notice
Original quote Brings me back to this light. Never saw Barrett going there. No idea about Grimes though.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

NatePait94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

NatePait94 said:

I dont think that RJ goes to UK.
maybe....maybe not. I have some UK guys who think he will.

Still, my thoughts are the pursuit of Barrett could put Keldon Johnson and his family off UK just a bit. Maybe nothing to it. Just something to consider.

Might the UK guys be biased?

RJ and his Canadian bretheren beat Coach Cal and the USA boys.
I would like to think that RJ gives Coach K the better shot than the coach that he may have single-handedly beat.
This is all my loosely based opinion, but I will stick with it until further notice
Original quote Brings me back to this light. Never saw Barrett going there. No idea about Grimes though.
I just pass along what I hear and what I read. I try not to depend too much on one source, but I will post what those I consider 'in the loop' have to say, even if I think they are wrong.
NatePait94
That is the best way to do it!
twentytoe
Grimes seems to be a Kansas lean?
First Page Last Page
Page 25 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.