Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,215,894 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
twentytoe said:

Grimes seems to be a Kansas lean?
Kansas and UK landing PG's already, so that kind of evens things up IMO.
NatePait94
Sure doesn't help having Quickley in his ear constantly. Hell, they even visited and roomed together.

Maybe I am biased, but I still believe we have the better offering. Kids will be kids though, and the heart wants what the heart wants.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
TheWhiteWolf
Kentucky sports radio is saying expect a KJ to Uk commitment in the coming day/s
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Kentucky sports radio is saying expect a KJ to Uk commitment in the coming day/s
from the previos page

Dunlow66
In reply to stuartmcarthur5 6:22p, 10/16/17
V

Quote:

stuartmcarthur5 said:
Looking at the crystal ball for Johnson, everything is trending towards Kentucky
Something rumored to have went down over the weekend with UK/Keldon Johnson with some expecting him to pop for UK in the next day or two......something to watch out for. One very connected insider is calling KJ to Kentucky a done deal.
xlax1306
Has anybody heard anything more about what is going on with Bey?

I would have thought a decision would come pretty quickly after he visited this past weekend.
NatePait94
He is pretty tight-lipped. Wants to have press conference in order and some dates squared away before any thing public is announced. Could be early November.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
WolfpackSI
NatePait94 said:

Maybe I am biased, but I still believe we have the better offering. Kids will be kids though, and the heart wants what the heart wants.

We offer a nice opportunity but are still a big question mark. UK and Cal offer a clear path to the NBA that has been copy and paste for virtually all their 5* recruits. Lets not act like its a dumb decision to go to UK. We have to prove ourselves before we can say that we offer more opportunity.
NatePait94
WolfpackSI said:

NatePait94 said:

We offer a nice opportunity but are still a big question mark. UK and Cal offer a clear path to the NBA that has been copy and paste for virtually all their 5* recruits. Lets not act like its a dumb decision to go to UK. We have to prove ourselves before we can say that we offer more opportunity.
I don't think it would be dumb, per se, but I do think it is possible to play here, on a winning or losing team, be the spotlight in the show, be close to home, have your parents make all the games, get as many minutes as you can handle, play in best conference in the nation, play in the best offensive scheme a wing/guard could ask for, and still go to the NBA if that is the goal.

Ask Ben Simmons and Dennis Smith Jr about their clear cut paths. Is UK going to dominate their conference? Absolutely.
Are they going to make it to the big dance in march? Absolutely.
Does a kid have to prove his worth on the basketball court, no matter who he plays for? Absolutely.

There is research that has been done specifically on 5* recruits and whether or not the team they play for in the NCAA has any effect on their outcome in the NBA. The answer is no.
PackFansXL
Well said, Nate!
desiwolf
NatePait94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

NatePait94 said:

I don't think it would be dumb, per se, but I do think it is possible to play here, on a winning or losing team, be the spotlight in the show, be close to home, have your parents make all the games, get as many minutes as you can handle, play in best conference in the nation, play in the best offensive scheme a wing/guard could ask for, and still go to the NBA if that is the goal.

Ask Ben Simmons and Dennis Smith Jr about their clear cut paths. Is UK going to dominate their conference? Absolutely.
Are they going to make it to the big dance in march? Absolutely.
Does a kid have to prove his worth on the basketball court, no matter who he plays for? Absolutely.

There is research that has been done specifically on 5* recruits and whether or not the team they play for in the NCAA has any effect on their outcome in the NBA. The answer is no.

Going to NBA I agree. What if they want to win something in college AND go to NBA?
NatePait94
Then they can go to UK and then hope and pray that they get drafted by the Cavs or Warriors. If that is what winning has come down to...

These 5* kids have choices. They can choose to go to a Blue blood and be part of a collective monster of a team, Space Jam comes to mind, or they can go to a team and be under the spotlight and truly separate themselves on the stat sheet and get a lot more recognition in my opinion.
Dunlow66
2019 5star PF Armando Bacot will cut his list to 10

Armando BacotVerified account @iget_buckets35 8m8 minutes ago
More

Top 10 tommorow at 6pm
NatePait94
McClung will be in his ear about the Hoyas.

Interesting that we didn't send someone to officially visit him.
Glasswolf
BTTT
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

NatePait94
Check out @iget_buckets35's Tweet:
NatePait94
It would seem that we didnt put in too much effort on Bacot
NatePait94
5* 2018 Emmitt Williams arrested this morning for felony sexual battery. He had not committed yet but had just visited LSU last weekend and HAD plans to visit Florida this weekend.
twentytoe
Just saw where this kid Herro decommited from Wisconsin, kid has game.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

It would seem that we didnt put in too much effort on Bacot
Once Duke and UNC offered....we became a bit of an afterthought.
wolfpackfan00
mds22
Bulldogwolf27
twentytoe said:

Just saw where this kid Herro decommited from Wisconsin, kid has game.

Saw a crystal ball tonight that shows him going to Kentucky. Don't know if that means anything positive for us with KJ. I know the rumors about KJ being a lock to U.K., but maybe this changes things
twentytoe
I surely hope so.
wolfpackfan00

Jericole Hellems announcing his commitment tomorrow
twentytoe
Do we get him, or does he stay in the Midwest?
Dunlow66
twentytoe said:

Do we get him, or does he stay in the Midwest?
South Carolina also in this
WolfpackSI
Whats your prediction Dun?
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Not much floating. Think Missoui and South Carolina. Some said Mizzou backed off, but I am not so sure about that. Probably goes with the home team and picks Missouri.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Not much floating. Think Missoui and South Carolina. Some said Mizzou backed off, but I am not so sure about that. Probably goes with the home team and picks Missouri.
Just looking at his twitter the Mizzou fans are very active on it
TheWhiteWolf
Looks like Jahvon Quinerly has decommitted from UofA would he be someone State would look at or stay away because of the FBI (not that ncaa matters anymore)
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Looks like Jahvon Quinerly has decommitted from UofA would he be someone State would look at or stay away because of the FBI (not that ncaa matters anymore)
Didnt seem to bother UNC when the accepted a commit from Nassir Little.
NatePait94
3 things to note with Hellems.

1) 2 OV's to NCSU and SC. Very quiet on my end regarding these two.

2) Ayo committed to the fighting illini. Hellems decides to announce shortly after.

3) Hellems is announcing his decision at 5 pm. Mizzou's homecoming is at 7 pm. Just in time to make an appearance if he chooses.

No OV to Mizzou, but he knows the school better than NCSU and SC.

P.S. Sorry I am late to the party
TheWhiteWolf
We have Prime Time with the Pack tonight is there a list of the recruits we can expect? Would love to get Isaiah Todd back on campus with Baker and Lecque
Dunlow66
Ian Steere @notorious21_ 46m46 minutes ago
More

Catch me and @MannyBat35 at Primetime with the Pack tonight
Dunlow66
State getting some buzz with Hellems......
First Page Last Page
Page 26 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.