Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,227,970 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe he wanted to come on an official visit & wanted to wait instead of taking the unofficial at that time. Maybe he has no interest at State at all since Keatts backed off? Let's see how this plays out, you've been saying there's no chance Brown comes to Raleigh & all I'm saying is I believe by Brown attending Oak Hill now State may be back in the running.
TheWhiteWolf
None of this makes the bit of sense. Why would Brown going to Oak Hill help State at all? Does Smith only have a relationship with Keatts? That school has so much talent come through, every coach in the country is "friends" with Smith
WolfPacker54
TheWhiteWolf said:

None of this makes the bit of sense. Why would Brown going to Oak Hill help State at all? Does Smith only have a relationship with Keatts? That school has so much talent come through, every coach in the country is "friends" with Smith
This dude is always talkin crazy, just ignore him. He has no idea what he's talking about.
TheStorm
Someone might need some more "glue"...
Struttingwolf96
I see all the CB predictions have been taken off of Cristian Brown's profile now. Looks like no one knows where he is going to end up, not Georgia, not Clemson. Looks like his recruitment is back open again & that's why I think State can get back in with him, IMO.
Struttingwolf96
Just like a lot of posters on here thought for sure Lecque was going to a blue blood school.
Struttingwolf96
People on here act as if I said Brown was coming to State, calm down. All I said is I believe State is back in it with him again even though they backed off earlier & by him going to Oak Hill in VA, where Keatts is well liked & respected could be a good thing for the Pack instead of attending a HS in GA or SC where the so-called favorites to land him Clemson & Georgia are. Looks like Keatts may get a chance at a redo with Brown.
Struttingwolf96
That may be your opinion, but I for one do not think Keatts would recruit a player with questionable academics or character. None of the players he has brought in as Freshmen seem to be a question mark. That's why I think neither of them may be the reason he's headed to Oak Hill. Plus, Keatts recruited Brown pretty early & should know a few things about him, so why would he recruit him again if there are suppose red flags?
TheStorm
Struttingwolf96 said:

Just like a lot of posters on here thought for sure Lecque was going to a blue blood school.
LOL. I'd love to see all these posts that you are referring to (maybe you are talking about Moore instead and can't keep your **** straight) because I saw little to none of that here...

Or maybe that was something that your "Carolina Guy" told you when he came into your office that day smiling (no, that was about Moore too - 35/35/35/5 Baby!)... or probably one of your other sites that you post on and "read"... cause it wasn't the case here, I can promise you that much.
WolfPacker54
Throw enough crap at a wall and some of it is bound to stick
nryanh94
WolfPacker54 said:

Throw enough crap at a wall and some of it is bound to stick
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Anddddd the Lebanese is back If somehow we truly are in the race for brown...would hr be a better fit then moore or williams?
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Anddddd the Lebanese is back If somehow we truly are in the race for brown...would hr be a better fit then moore or williams?

I would've rather had Moore or Williams then Brown, I think the staff probably had that same view since they went all in on the other 2
PackFansXL
"Then" implies a sequence. If this happens, then this other thing happens.
"Than" implies a choice. Other than my Cowboys, I pull for teams with former Pack players.

If we could get only one player, then I would like to have this guy rather than that guy.
Event 1: we can only have one player has been determined.
Event 2: we now have to make a choice

I'm neither an arse nor a grammar expert. I just want to help folks understand when to use "then" versus "than". It seems to be confusing many people, both on this site and other places I frequent. Please forgive the digression. Carry on.
Willies1
Yeah I remember lecque was blue blood bound. And bam was a lock. No guarantees. And a blue blood was not in lecque final 5
Willies1
And who cares if the kid has went to 4 high schools. We have as many transfers on our team as we do kids that we have recruited out of high school.
Struttingwolf96
Exactly, I agree with all your saying there.
TriangleDreamer
Lord help us all
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
TheStorm
I have just one very important question that I want to ask... have Strutter and Cedar ever been seen at the same time in public (or even posted here at the same time)? wink, wink...

(and yes, before anyone gets overly upset... the above is just a joke - plus, I have too much respect for Cedar to really think such a thing )
TheStorm
PackFansXL said:

"Than" implies a choice. Other than my Cowboys, I pull for teams with former Pack players.

If we could get only one player, then I would like to have this guy rather than that guy.

I'm neither an arse nor a grammar expert. I just want to help folks understand when to use "then" versus "than". It seems to be confusing many people, both on this site and other places I frequent. Please forgive the digression. Carry on.
LOL. First time over here to the "Light It Red" Basketball Recruiting thread I take it?

(*Brother, just let me tell you that you have missed out royally on some high quality entertainment sprinkled in here and there with mostly some highly excellent Basketball Recruiting information).
Dunlow66
Willies1 said:

And who cares if the kid has went to 4 high schools. We have as many transfers on our team as we do kids that we have recruited out of high school.
A kid that goes to three different HS's in less than 6 months doesnt cause any concern?

Those are the types of kids that transfer as soon as things get a little 'tough'. Also word is that Brown was having trouble with eligibility in Ga, thus the move to a private school like Oak Hill.

Blake Harris went to 8 different high schools. Guess what he did after his first semester at Missouri.

Has anyone on this board heard we have any shot at Brown?

There were plenty of rumors we led for Lecque months before he committed. None with Brown.

Dunlow66
TheStorm said:

PackFansXL said:

LOL. First time over here to the "Light It Red" Basketball Recruiting thread I take it?

(*Brother, just let me tell you that you have missed out royally on some high quality entertainment sprinkled in here and there with mostly some highly excellent Basketball Recruiting information).
Sometimes I go back and read the 'deleted' post when I feel down just for a good laugh.
Dunlow66
Willies1 said:

Yeah I remember lecque was blue blood bound. And bam was a lock. No guarantees. And a blue blood was not in lecque final 5
They stopped recruiting him.

Both Duke and UK passed on Lecque.

also no guarantee he ever puts on an NC State uniform either. Several people with WAY more info than I have feel like it is still 'up in the air'
Dunlow66
Willies1 said:

Bam's handler told any and everyone who would listen that Bam was coming to NCSU. Parlayed that into a job with Adidas AAU(and that guy was no BBall coach) and got paid.

Honestly, Bam going to UK was probably the best thing that happened to State during that timeframe or we would have been under the FBI investigation for two kids, instead of just one(IMO)

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Willies1 said:

Bam's handler told any and everyone who would listen that Bam was coming to NCSU. Parlayed that into a job with Adidas AAU(and that guy was no BBall coach) and got paid.

Honestly, Bam going to UK was probably the best thing that happened to State during that timeframe or we would have been under the FBI investigation for two kids, instead of just one(IMO)

That and Gottfried probably would still be here if that had happened, since we likely would've gotten Rawle as well.
AtlWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Willies1 said:

also no guarantee he ever puts on an NC State uniform either. Several people with WAY more info than I have feel like it is still 'up in the air'
Dun- Do you think concerns about potential sanctions are pouring cold water on our recruiting efforts?

It certainly seems things have significantly cooled from this time last year. I understand the young roster we have may play a part in that but I have to think the 4 & 5 star players are hearing all about the NCAA from other coaches.
TriangleDreamer
AtlWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Willies1 said:

Dun- Do you think concerns about potential sanctions are pouring cold water on our recruiting efforts?

It certainly seems things have significantly cooled from this time last year. I understand the young roster we have may play a part in that but I have to think the 4 & 5 star players are hearing all about the NCAA from other coaches.
Not Dun obviously but IMO recruiting "significantly cooling" is more a fan perception than reality. We focused pretty hard on just 3 players: Lecque, Moore, and Williams, throughout the summer. Most pundits thought we'd get Williams, were in contention for Lecque, and were long shots for Moore. We won the battle for Lecque (assuming he actually attends school vs going straight to the NBA) but were surprised when we lost Williams.

Take away Moore who was pretty much a Duke lean from the get-go and we went 50/50 in our efforts. And there's been zero evidence that losing Williams was due to rumors about NCAA issues. And if you want to include Nickleberry then obviously NCAA sanctions wasn't his concern as he opted for that NCAA violations cesspool known as Louisville.

FWIW, I think our staff was feeling pretty confident about Williams and really didn't put too much energy in anyone else. KK is far pickier about who he offers than his predecessor. I believe we are in good hands and Keatts will find someone (freshman, transfer, or grad) that will be the right fit for our team.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
Willies1
I was just pointing out what was said by you. And I will leave it up to kk if he decides to go after brown I am a for it.
TheWhiteWolf
Are we in a dead period? If so when does that end, I'm missing the recruiting news
gopack_83
Unfortunately with only 1 scholarship open now, getting Lecque and our other 2 prospects going elsewhere, and with the season starting up, I think it'll be quiet until atleast the spring. I think then we will look at the transfer market and also any late bloomers in the '19 class
WolfpackSI
Ya I dont get all the concern about recruiting. There was a lot more action last year because we had a lot more open scholarships. The season is about to start and our roster is loaded with young talent right now. The focus should be on that and not recruiting
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
Who is Lester quinones? Just saw a pic on Instagram with a state edit? Jalen Lecque put it on his story
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Who is Lester quinones? Just saw a pic on Instagram with a state edit? Jalen Lecque put it on his story

Top 100 kid, plays for IMG. Really good shooter, he's OVing to LSU soon
Packfan8
So like are we actually recruiting him?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

So like are we actually recruiting him?
no
First Page Last Page
Page 102 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.