Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,696 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Who is Lester quinones? Just saw a pic on Instagram with a state edit? Jalen Lecque put it on his story
He is another New York kid.
TheWhiteWolf
But isn't this the recruiting board? We are loaded with guys with a couple of years left of eligibility and have experience. Chemistry will be key
WolfpackSI
This was more directed at the people concerned about there not being as much action as there was last season and thinking it has to do with the NCAA BS. KK has stabilized our program(atleast for the time being) to the point where we can focus a bit more on the guys on the roster and less on recruiting. Of course, recruiting is a year round job and KK and co are still out there trying to bring in guys. However, its a good thing that the recruiting is more focused on a few high quality recruits rather than a wide net.

NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheWhiteWolf
I'm watching the Chowan game replay right now if people would watch that how could they not be excited. We are seeing some actual defense something that we never saw in years past. These guys have so many different skill sets and can come at teams with tons of different looks. Winning will cure all and put us on the next tier
RDUwolfpack
TheWhiteWolf said:

I'm watching the Chowan game replay right now if people would watch that how could they not be excited. We are seeing some actual defense something that we never saw in years past. These guys have so many different skill sets and can come at teams with tons of different looks. Winning will cure all and put us on the next tier

Link?
gopack_83
Dunlow66
Former NC State commit

Les Johns @Les_Johns 2h2 hours ago
More

BREAKING: Wake Forest Freshman guard Jamie Lewis has been placed on "academic leave," according to a release just handed to me. He can practice during the leave, but not play in games.
Dunlow66
Kinda ironic that Christian Brown takes Chandler Lawson's spot at Oak Hill.

Doubt we have a shot at either one.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Kinda ironic that Christian Brown takes Chandler Lawson's spot at Oak Hill.

Doubt we have a shot at either one.
Lawson visiting Georgia Tech this weekend
Packfan8
A player to watch is Malique Jacobs from Hutchinson community college, played at bull city prep his junior and senior after playing at new Hanover. He took an unofficial visit last year vs Clemson. I would say he's probably a mid major prospect but who knows
nryanh94
TriangleDreamer
nryanh94 said:

TBH, nothing new here. He's been fully expected to jump straight to the NBA if he looks like a high pick. Always the risk in recruiting and signing a 5* who's also eligible to be drafted.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
nryanh94
TriangleDreamer said:

nryanh94 said:

TBH, nothing new here. He's been fully expected to jump straight to the NBA if he looks like a high pick. Always the risk in recruiting and signing a 5* who's also eligible to be drafted.

Yeah I agree, just saw an article about one of our recruits so I shared
WolfpackSI
I think we all know its a strong possibility but damn it would suck if we ended up losing Lecque
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheWhiteWolf
RDUpackfan said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Link?
Cylon posts a lot of the games bless them

HungryWolf92
Rumors of Steere transferring on Twitter....?????
TheWhiteWolf
HungryWolf92 said:

Rumors of Steere transferring on Twitter....?????
Looks like an article was floating around saying "2 reliable sources" said Ian Steere submitted a request and the staff had no idea this was coming wonder how Manny feels or if he's in a similar situation
HungryWolf92
I guess I don't really understand...If it is true there has to be more to the story. No way he's leaving because of playing time, it's only been one game.
TheWhiteWolf
HungryWolf92 said:

I guess I don't really understand...If it is true there has to be more to the story. No way he's leaving because of playing time, it's only been one game.
I'm sure one of the insiders closer to the team knows more but the rumor that was going around was Steere got up during lunch and left so this story is weird all around
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

HungryWolf92 said:

I'm sure one of the insiders closer to the team knows more but the rumor that was going around was Steere got up during lunch and left so this story is weird all around
He's gone
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

HungryWolf92 said:

He's gone
any idea why?
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

HungryWolf92 said:

He's gone
any idea why?
My guess would be falling behind Funderburk on the depth chart for a team that only plays 2 bigs and has SKJ and Manny Bates on the way.

He will probably try to get a waiver and then redshirt this year, while hoping to play next year at his new school.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

HungryWolf92 said:

He's gone
any idea why?
My guess would be falling behind Funderburk on the depth chart for a team that only plays 2 bigs and has SKJ and Manny Bates on the way.

He will probably try to get a waiver and then redshirt this year, while hoping to play next year at his new school.
Makes total sense. I was actually at the exhibition game and was thinking to myself that this team almost has too many bigs with SKJ and Manny coming in next year. Especially for Keatt's system
Struttingwolf96
Only makes sense, rumors floating around that Steere is transferring & now the rich get richer Duke just got a commitment from Top 25 CG Boogie Ellis out of CA.
Andrew4343
Good. Let them load up on players that we can't get or don't recruit.
WolfpackSI
Steere leaving puts us in a pretty bad spot at the 5. Basically we only have 1 true big. We are gonna get manhandled by UNC and the thousand bigs on their team. Screw this
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfPacker54
WolfpackSI said:

Steere leaving puts us in a pretty bad spot at the 5. Basically we only have 1 true big. We are gonna get manhandled by UNC and the thousand bigs on their team. Screw this

Or we will be way too quick/athletic for them to contain. Get that negative crap out of here!
Ripper
WolfPacker54 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Or we will be way too quick/athletic for them to contain. Get that negative crap out of here!
Whether negative or not, we will be lacking big bodies. That can't be good against top 20 competition.
MarOdoxPhoenician7
That sucks on steere but might be good down the road to both parties
Packfan8
Josh Hall is a 6'9' wing playing for Morvian who only has mid major offers right now but from the Carmel Christian tip-off classic he seems like he is blowing up. Wisconsin has reached out just this week I read on twitter
EDIT* just looked at his twitter followers and the N.C. state men's team just followed him
WolfpackSI
WolfPacker54 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Not having a 3rd big hurts us a lot against teams with lost of size. DJ is so versatile that he can slide to the 4 if needed and guard say Luke Maye who torched us twice last season. We add some size without giving up too much of what we want to do offensively. Now, if either Walker or DJ gets in foul trouble or hurt then we are forced to always play small. That will hurt us a lot in the rebounding and defense department.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
98pack
If we were counting on Steere to beat UNC, and others, we're screwed. He would've provideded maybe 5 minutes a game this year. I think you're overstating his importance. And if he was going to be a malcontent about his lack of playing time, he would've become a toxic distraction. Better to part ways now instead of let his unhappiness fester.
Ripper
98pack said:

If we were counting on Steere to beat UNC, and others, we're screwed. He would've provideded maybe 5 minutes a game this year. I think you're overstating his importance. And if he was going to be a malcontent about his lack of playing time, he would've become a toxic distraction. Better to part ways now instead of let his unhappiness fester.
We were counting on him to back up in case of foul trouble and injuries.
WolfpackSI
Any updates on Steere?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
TheWhiteWolf
WolfpackSI said:

Any updates on Steere?
He is scheduled to have a meeting with CKK later today but from most accounts, he is done only waiting to make it official.

Would we want a player back that has already turned his back on State and this team?
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.