Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,099 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Would be nice to get an early 2020 commit
Packfan8
Corey Evans from rivals made a prediction for us
Dunlow66
SportsTalk @sportstalksc 5h5 hours ago
More

#STRecruiting: 6-7 Christian Brown of Columbia, now of Powder Springs, GA, had planned to visit NC State tonight but said that visit has been postponed.
Struttingwolf96
Hopefully that's a good thing. Maybe Keatts talked Brown into coming on an official visit instead of just coming on an unofficial one?
WolfpackSI
Awesome, I thought Brown committed to Georgia already. He would be a monster at the 4 in our system.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Awesome, I thought Brown committed to Georgia already. He would be a monster at the 4 in our system.
I think he ends up at UGA
nryanh94
Any word on how Cam Thomas' visit is going? Would love to get him and Coleman for 2020. Maybe throw in Cone if we decide to peruse him
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Any word on how Cam Thomas' visit is going? Would love to get him and Coleman for 2020. Maybe throw in Cone if we decide to peruse him
If we pass on Cone, I think it would be a mistake. That kid has something special....at any height
Dunlow66
Stephen Rodgers @BigShotsSteve33 Oct 20
More

Class of 2020 Northside Christian (NC)/ @TeamWallElite 6-8 SF Jaden Seymour has received an offer from NC State, he announced
Dunlow66
FSU seems like they get one of this kind of kids every year.

Michael Rogner @MichaelRogner 52s53 seconds ago
More

7-3 Naheem Mcleod visiting FSU this weekend. Intriguing project. Similar athleticism to Koumadje, but ahead of him skillwise at the same age
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Love for ncsu to get one of them
Dunlow66
Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria 18h18 hours ago
More

FSU picks up talented 7-footer @balsa_koprivica of @MVABasketball

FSU has at least one 7footer every year.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Adam ZagoriaVerified account @AdamZagoria 18h18 hours ago
More

FSU picks up talented 7-footer @balsa_koprivica of @MVABasketball

They had like 3-4 a few years back. One was pack favorite Bojangles

FSU has at least one 7footer every year.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
mddocisa
Carson McCorkle to Virginia.
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Virginia-Cavaliers-Basketball-Carson-McCorkle-goes-in-depth-on-UVA-commitment-Tony-Bennett-122475943/
nryanh94
mddocisa said:

Carson McCorkle to Virginia.
https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/Article/Virginia-Cavaliers-Basketball-Carson-McCorkle-goes-in-depth-on-UVA-commitment-Tony-Bennett-122475943/

That happened like a month ago
mddocisa
Yep but we offered him and I dont recall it being covered here.
WolfpackSI
mddocisa said:

Yep but we offered him and I dont recall it being covered here.

Yes it was
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops
FollowingFollowing @OntheRadarHoops
More

2019 forward Christian Brown @cb_kid has transferred from McEachern (GA) to Oak Hill Academy (VA) @OHACoachSmith
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops
FollowingFollowing @OntheRadarHoops
More

2019 forward Christian Brown @cb_kid has transferred from McEachern (GA) to Oak Hill Academy (VA) @OHACoachSmith
Dun... any impact in regards to our chances?
metcalfmafia
Gotta think that a Georgia lean moving out of Georgia might help us.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Gotta think that a Georgia lean moving out of Georgia might help us.
eh...it's Oak Hill.

Kid left one basektball factory for another. That particual HS school in Georgia is really connected to the Auburn program right now, not UGA
Dunlow66
Brown is now at his fourth HS in less than two calander years. Was at a HS in South Carolina last year. Different SC school the year before.

'red flag'
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Brown is now at his fourth HS in less than two calander years. Was at a HS in South Carolina last year. Different SC school the year before.

'red flag'
Do you think its academics or outside forces affecting the kid?
Struttingwolf96
Maybe a suggestion by Keatts, aren't him & Steve Smith the coach at Oak Hill old friends.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Maybe a suggestion by Keatts, aren't him & Steve Smith the coach at Oak Hill old friends.
Seems like Keatts would have 'suggested' Hargrave if that were the case or even Northwood Temple

We dont have any Oak Hill kids on our roster.
Struttingwolf96
Not yet, just give Keatts time.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Not yet, just give Keatts time.
I dont think you get my point.

You dont usually see coaches 'place' kids at programs without having a pre existing 'working' relationship.

I think we could very well land Cameron Thomas from Oak Hill, but he has only been there a couple of months. Keatts has missed on several Oak Hill kids of late

Keatts has that type of connection with the Hargrave program.
Bulldogwolf27
Totally agree. I think Brown ends up somewhere no one expects.
Struttingwolf96
I'm not saying that Keatts actually placed him. I'm saying that Keatts has known Coach Steve Smith for years, plus he has a ton of connections in VA, & he has already been at Oak Hill watching other players on the team already. He has only been at State for one year, so like I said just give Keatts time to start getting players from Oak Hill, maybe as early as next year. I believe he can get State in the door regularly, not just every once in a while, he just has that type of charisma about himself.
Struttingwolf96
The only guys I remember Keatts really going after & missing on that went to Oak Hill last year were Keldon Johnson & David McCormack. Who were the several others I am missing? Thought it was impressive though with as late as State & Keatts came in that we contended with Kentucky & Kansas who end the end got them. Just like with Wendell Moore this year, going head to head with Duke, who had been on him for years. Remember Keatts has only been at State for just 2 years now. Just give him time to get the so-called big time recruits or the kids from Oak Hill. I think Jalen Lecque could already qualify as a big time recruit in my opinion.
Struttingwolf96
When I said suggested by Keatts, why do people assume I was talking about Keatts to Brown. Could have been Keatts suggested it to Coach Smith at Oak Hill. Sometimes them kind of schools do recruit players to come to there school.
Struttingwolf96
Have read an article from a SC paper where it stated that Brown's mother & Coach Smith had been back & forth in contact for years about Brown attending Oak Hill to play basketball. So it may be just the way things worked out, not academics or personal problems.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Have read an article from a SC paper where it stated that Brown's mother & Coach Smith had been back & forth in contact for years about Brown attending Oak Hill to play basketball. So it may be just the way things worked out, not academics or personal problems.
Again, he has now been at 4 highschools in less than 2 calander years.

Lot more going on here than wanting to attend Oak Hill, IMO.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

When I said suggested by Keatts, why do people assume I was talking about Keatts to Brown. Could have been Keatts suggested it to Coach Smith at Oak Hill. Sometimes them kind of schools do recruit players to come to there school.
Maybe because you throw so many baseless 'guesses' against the wall to see what sticks.

Brown didnt even show up for an unofficial when we tried to get him on campus
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

Totally agree. I think Brown ends up somewhere no one expects.
and then ends up transferring a couple more times while in college.
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.