Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,064 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Louis King to Oregon now official.
I am always hoping for a "Kevin Knox to UK" surprise lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
Under Armour making a little bit of a push to get Devon Dotson to Maryland.........could trigger C Moses Brown to MD as well(7footer who also likes Louisville/Kansas). Brown visits MD this weekend.

If Brown is 'off the board' soon, that could be related to all the "Mccormack to Kansas' stuff floating right now.
wolfpackfan00
McCormack announcing this Sunday
mds22
David McCormack will be announcing his decision on Sunday live on Wavy News 10 at 6pm
Fitz
Any thoughts on McCormack announcing ahead of Kansas' Late Night In The Phog which he was supposed to be attending? This Sunday is the 24th, but that event isn't scheduled until September 30th.....

Is this good, bad, or has the ship already sailed?
rwwalsh
Think it's KU, but I honestly don't see the playing time for him. Lawson x2, Azubuike, Preston, De Sousa, plus its likely the third Lawson comes in 2019. Sure most of them are power forwards but in today's game more Forwards are playing the 5 then ever before. I bet he's hoping UZ breaks out and goes pro, otherwise he might be riding pine for awhile.
Dunlow66
rwwalsh said:

Think it's KU, but I honestly don't see the playing time for him. Lawson x2, Azubuike, Preston, De Sousa, plus its likely the third Lawson comes in 2019. Sure most of them are power forwards but in today's game more Forwards are playing the 5 then ever before. I bet he's hoping UZ breaks out and goes pro, otherwise he might be riding pine for awhile.
Azubuike and Preston are expected to 'go pro' after this season.
Bulldogwolf27
Sounds like the crystal ball projections are right
EthanBarry
Staff
So do we kiss this one goodbye or should we pay attention just in case?
gopack_83
By Jeff Borzello.. "Four-star Ian Steere confirms to ESPN that he has decommitted from Creighton and will reopen his recruitment."

(First by @JKimElevate.)
desiwolf
gopack_83 said:

By Jeff Borzello.. "Four-star Ian Steere confirms to ESPN that he has decommitted from Creighton and will reopen his recruitment."

(First by @JKimElevate.)
Apparently he wants to be 'closer to home'.
Dunlow66
gopack_83 said:

(First by @JKimElevate.)
I'd pay close attention to this one.
Dunlow66
desiwolf said:

gopack_83 said:

(First by @JKimElevate.)
Apparently he wants to be 'closer to home'.
and he is playing HS ball with Manny Bates this year at Northwood.....
PackDaddy
I'm assuming that Steere is a 5 in Keatts system. Is he willing to be a college 5?
Dunlow66
PackDaddy said:

I'm assuming that Steere is a 5 in Keatts system. Is he willing to be a college 5?
Steere, IMO, can play either the '4' or the '5' with most teams. Would get a lot of time at the Center spot when we play small. He is a really good shotblocker/leaper. Manny Bates is strictly a '5' in most any system.

Manny and Ian will be playing highschool ball together this year at Northwood Temple.........so I guess we will see. I plan to watch them at least once or twice this year.
Dunlow66
Decision Coming Soon

PackDaddy
I would absolutely love to see them both at State. And then based on what you've said, it makes a lot of sense for Keldon Johnson to end up here.
Bulldogwolf27
This is turning out to be a good day after all. Possibly a great one if he can make some lemonade. Steele was really impressive in vegas with team charlotte. He looked like a man among boys.
Dunlow66
Jaywolf27 said:

This is turning out to be a good day after all. Possibly a great one if he can make some lemonade. Steele was really impressive in vegas with team charlotte. He looked like a man among boys.
Can really get up off his feet. Strong finisher and better shotblocker than you would think. He looks like he could add 20lbs and still be athletic. Nice broad frame and thick arms. Kid can dunk with authority
Dunlow66
Some AAU highlights of Ian Steere
wolfpackfan00

Could affect Keldon Johnson and UK
Dunlow66
Bam Adebayo also had a real 'pull' to stay home.......didnt happen.

and Stater had him to NC State up until the day Bam committed to UK. He is good, but kids are unpredicable, especially ego driven ones like Zion.
wolfpackfan00
WOLFDAC
Dunlow66 said:

gopack_83 said:

(First by @JKimElevate.)
I'd pay close attention to this one.
Yes, everyone should....trying to dig up some more info on this one. If I can, I will report back.
Dunlow66
Jeff GoodmanVerified account @GoodmanESPN 6h6 hours ago
More

BC will bring in No. 55 Jairus Hamilton next weekend, source told ESPN. UNC, Duke offered. Can't remember kid ranked this high visiting BC.
Dunlow66
If I could 'crystal ball' Ian Steere right now....I know who I'd pick.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

I was so bummed when he chose creighton the first time around. This would be so sweet
Bulldogwolf27
Dunlow66 said:

I've heard good things for us on this one too. This came from a Creighton source.
PackPantherMav
Dunlow66 said:

If this went our way, would that be it for True freshman bigs in this class? I'd imagine Keatts would want a grad transfer to help them transition and then fill the rest of the class with wings.
wolverinepack20
What a rollercoaster of a recruitment day... sad to see McCormack all but set to go to Kansas but great to see Keldon and Steere trending our way!
RowanWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Thanks for sharing. Steere has a college ready frame for sure. Can't tell much from this game, #10 in black is a terrible defender....Gott would probably be recruiting him.

Landing Steere would be great. Need Hamilton and/or McCormack, too.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Thanks for sharing. Steere has a college ready frame for sure. Can't tell much from this game, #10 in black is a terrible defender....Gott would probably be recruiting him.

Landing Steere would be great. Need Hamilton and/or McCormack, too.
Dont think we get Big Mac unless something changes and he opens his back up again.

I think Steere will be at NC State next season.

Now we do still need a 'small ball' PF type and Hamilton could be the guy. Also have Jericole Hellems on the short list.
-+
Dunlow66
PackPantherMav said:

Dunlow66 said:

If this went our way, would that be it for True freshman bigs in this class? I'd imagine Keatts would want a grad transfer to help them transition and then fill the rest of the class with wings.
could also look at a 'traditional' transfer at the PF/C position
WolfpackSI
I think a lot depends on how Hicks develops in the next two years. If we can contribute then we should go with only one grad transfer so Bates, Steere(if he comes), Hicks can get optimal playing time.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
RowanWolf
Are Bates Andy Steere capable of contributing major minutes at the ACC level as freshmen? If no one else comes, and even Hicks develops, they'll have to.

That's why we need Hamilton. He's probably the most ready for ACC level play. Of course, it's still 15 months until any of them will play a conference game.
First Page Last Page
Page 17 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.